Sinking Ever Deeper [OOC]

SJRSamurai

First Post
Looking to Temarel after signing his paper, Zoryk offered a sympathetic smile and said: "il n'walma toror, edenea a'iluve orn, aran'er. N'alaquel e'ai Temarel."

[sblock=translation] "Do not worry brother, humans tend to put everything on paper, especially noble ones. I'll have your back in any case Temarel."[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner 1

Shortly after Temarel enters, Elenka joins the others in the back room. She takes one of the contracts and represses a deep sigh as she looks at it and puzzles through the complicated language. Finally, she looks up. "If the work turns out to not be legal then I should warn you that I would not hold this contract to be binding." She smiles. "If that is acceptable to you, then I shall sign."

[sblock=OOC]Selc, if you're ok with two summoners I'll have Elenka sign. If you would rather not have two summoners and all their summoning baggage in the group then I'll let Tark/Temarel join and I'll have Elenka bow out.[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
Looking down, seeming to understand he let his worst judgment come to fruition.

I must be mad. He thought. Trusting the word fo a man I've known for about two minutes.

He took the sheet and signed it, feeling that in some way he was signing over his own soul. Sauvressa looked suddenly saddened and hurt, as if struck by a blow.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Selc, if you're ok with two summoners I'll have Elenka sign. If you would rather not have two summoners and all their summoning baggage in the group then I'll let Tark/Temarel join and I'll have Elenka bow out.[/sblock]

OOC
[SBLOCK]
I'm fine with two summoners. Go ahead and sign her up.
[/SBLOCK]

Rat-Flail
[SBLOCK]
VGCats
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Shortly after Temarel enters, Elenka joins the others in the back room. She takes one of the contracts and represses a deep sigh as she looks at it and puzzles through the complicated language. Finally, she looks up. "If the work turns out to not be legal then I should warn you that I would not hold this contract to be binding." She smiles. "If that is acceptable to you, then I shall sign."

Visil says stuffily "Of course not, I wouldn't dream of being involved in an illegal task. It is a standard contract when performing services within the boundries of our estates. It provides a legal means of reparation should sensitive matters be discussed once the work is completed."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner 1

Elenka gives Visil a shallow curtsey. "My apologies, good sir. I'm unused to dealing with matters of Law and sometimes ask silly questions in order to protect myself. Please forgive me, I did not mean to impugn the good name of you or your employer." She takes a quill, dips it into the ink bottle, and signs her name.

IronWolf

blank
"Din't seem to take ye long to find yer workers." Fulgrim says as he takes another drink of his ale and settling back in his chair.

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Lvl 1 Sorcerer

Zoryk looked at his compatriots, could've been worse he thought to himself, Vincenzo is said to be skillful with a sword, Fulgrim is a dwarf and looks tougher than stone, Lady Elanka claimed to possess the powers of her home forest and no one disputed her. That leaves us with my elven brother and his lady of marble, she seems a bit difficult, reminds me of Nathan's speech on celestials, might be a relation there, I guess she expects us to prove ourselves while all she does is stand there and be saintly without lifting a finger, she should know that people like her protected survive because they work in teams, if she antagonises them, chances are her beloved will not survive, I'll have to watch her, thought the half-elf sorcerer as he waited for their employer to resume his briefing.

Tark

First Post
Visil says stuffily "Of course not, I wouldn't dream of being involved in an illegal task. It is a standard contract when performing services within the boundries of our estates. It provides a legal means of reparation should sensitive matters be discussed once the work is completed."

The choice of words seemed to knock him to his senses. Though he could never claim to be a statesman there were many things that were bothering him, and now the exact shape of those problems were beginning to form on his tongue.

"I must apologize if I am overstepping my bounds Master Boregart, but there is a saying among the people I come from that one does not pick a flower by using an axe. We are not fools. Your master may have qualms about hiring common folk to do honest work but one certainly does not go out of their way to hire a band of armed mercenaries to move a previous occupants furniture from a new home. As I have already signed the contract I am bound to silence and service but I am not a man who will also be blinded and deafened as well. Such as it is with everyone having cast their vote it would be wise for the sake of success and diplomacy to explain the precise details of this contract as well as the exact nature of the work that requires such men and women as I've described in terms that even the most common among us may be able to understand. Surely, Master Boregart, you are a man of caliber and my outburst merely interrupted you as you were going to say these very things? Am I correct?"

For a moment he simply stood there not even realizing he had stood up to speak. Looking around at the stares he cleared his throat and sat down. Sauvressa stood placidly behind him having recovered from the shock of him not heeding her warnings.

[sblock=ooc]If this were Shadowrun we might have already killed him, stole his wallet, and resumed drinking while avoiding the huge ambush the GM had planned for us.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases