Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Adventure Paths

tylermalan

First Post
I'm interested in the Pathfinder Adventure Paths, but I read that about half of them are made with the new Pathfinder rules in mind, while the other half are made for 3.5E.

So, I'd like to know if the ones made for 3.5 are good to use for the current rules for Pathfinder. Or, are they a little off, and I should stick to the newer ones? Is there anything about them that would make you want to only run the ones made for the PFRPG rules?

Anguish

First Post
I'm interested in the Pathfinder Adventure Paths, but I read that about half of them are made with the new Pathfinder rules in mind, while the other half are made for 3.5E.

So, I'd like to know if the ones made for 3.5 are good to use for the current rules for Pathfinder. Or, are they a little off, and I should stick to the newer ones? Is there anything about them that would make you want to only run the ones made for the PFRPG rules?

You can very easily run the 3.5e material with Pathfinder rules. There are only a few rules that really need adjusting for, and those are easy enough to do on the fly. The biggest one is that 3.5e had a "grapple" statistic where PFRPG has a CMB/CMD combo. Those are very easy to calculate.

Otherwise you can really run the adventures as written. It doesn't matter that much if a Fighter bad guy is missing one or two feats, or if the skills are off by a couple, or if an enemy cleric is missing a couple minor abilities.

We're currently playing the Rise of the Runelords adventure path, which was originally written for 3.5.

My DM, however, has found numerous online resources which update everything to Pathfinder, so it ends up not really taking much effort for him to convert it.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm running Legacy of Fire, which was written for 3.5, and not having any trouble converting it. Actually I'm ending up using pretty much all of it as written, changing mainly CMD/CMB when needed.

IronWolf

blank
The Council of Thieves was the first to use the Pathfinder ruleset. So if you want an AP that is written for the Pathfinder rules that one or later will work for you.

With that said it isn't that difficult to run the 3.5 ones on the fly even if someone hasn't already done a conversion.

tylermalan

First Post
Everyone seems to be in agreement - that's great news! So, are there any Adventure Paths that just aren't that good and aren't worth running when I could be running a different one instead?

IronWolf

blank
They are all pretty good. What kind of adventures does your group like to play? Give us an idea of what type of game you like and some folks might be able to suggest a few your group might have fun with.

Crothian

First Post
Each AP does something different so it really depends what you like about adventures and finding ones that fit that. We are doing the Kingmaker now and it has been great. I've enjoyed it so much that once we are through with it I'm going to see if the groups wants to do another AP but with a different DM (Me :D)

tylermalan

First Post
Well, I love to run horror games and that's actually the type that I'm running now (set in Golarion with Pathfinder rules). This game is gothic horror, but the group likes all kinds of horror. They also like campaigns that make you think, campaigns with a storyline with a twist, and DON'T like straight-up dungeon crawls. Hmm... maybe that's not specific enough?

IronWolf

blank
Well, I love to run horror games and that's actually the type that I'm running now (set in Golarion with Pathfinder rules). This game is gothic horror, but the group likes all kinds of horror. They also like campaigns that make you think, campaigns with a storyline with a twist, and DON'T like straight-up dungeon crawls. Hmm... maybe that's not specific enough?

Take a look at the current AP - Carrion Crown. Might be just what you are looking for.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases