Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Adventure Paths

Crothian

First Post
Which are you planning on running so I can avoid reading spoilers?

We are too far removed from this happening to know. I would love to do City of Thieves as it is the most like the kind of game I used to run and enjoy (Thieves World!) but you guys have not seen. But if we were to do this then I would briefly describe the AP's available to everyone and see what the players like. So far of the ones I've seen there is not one I would not run.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I was playing in CoT (online), very shortly after the AP came out so it's been some time ago. It only lasted until a round or two into the first fight, so it wasn't really a fair trial.

IIRC, the GM lost interest and just disappeared. One of the players took over as GM, but warned us ahead of time that he wasn't likely to be able to do much - and he was right. He disappeared as well . . .

In this case I don't think it was the AP, but rather the all-too-common PbP 'disappearing parties' phenomenon.

To be fair, though, with the exception of the PC driven play in the second installment it seems like all of the other Pathfinder APs get better reviews than this one. A shame, IMO, as I really like the premise behind CoT and would have liked to play in an urban style campaign.

IronWolf

blank
I have not reviewed CoT in-depth, but I thought it was a little more work for the GM from weaving together the intrigue-political atmosphere (I could be off base on this assumption). That different style likely proves a little more difficult for some GMs to run possibly leading to issues and some of the less favorable reviews. I am sure with the right GM it could be run quite successfully (which could be said for nearly any adventure out there I suppose).

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am with mowgli on his post about COT. i think the under lying reason for then usual is toobiggabyte. However. i am privy as to the reason for the pc turned dm 's dissapearence. Suffice it to say it was a necessary dissappearence. If I kenew what was going on at the time I would have requested a time off for that DM.

IronWolf

blank
So, is there any controversy over any of the other adventure paths, or is it just CoT?

I think the overall consensus is that it is hard to go wrong with a Paizo AP. Some may not match your play style which is simply the way it is. While one may not another surely will. When I researched Pathfinder APs I read the summaries Fromm Paizo's site and then narrowed it down to a couple to research a little more. I ended up choosing Kingmaker for our current campaign and overall I would say it is going well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases