Fan requests

Colmarr

First Post
Are the Zeitgeist team interested in getting some fan requests before the campaign goes public?

If so, please consider these mine:
  1. including or hosting high-res versions of any encounter maps (preferrably without room numbers and monsters); so that maptool/fantasy grounds etc groups can use them as battle maps; and
  2. identifying which NPCs are intended to be returning characters, either in a campaign overview or within the text of each adventure. This was such a problem with WotC's Scales of War that fans had to create their own wiki.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We're thinking of including an NPC summary in each adventure. Two, in fact - one for the players (a handout which lists the NPCs they've met and briefly reminds them who they are and what they've done so far) and one for the DM (with similar information plus additional secret DM-only information and role-playing tips). Each NPC will be accompanied by an illustration.

We haven't fully thought it through yet (it'll be the last thing we do before release), but it's in the plans.

We're also not planning on putting monsters on the battlemaps. That's one 4E-ism that I don't like at all. A decent DM can put the monsters wherever the hell he wants; we can offer some suggestions, but I don't see a need to make the game "colour-by-numbers".

Truename

First Post
We're thinking of including an NPC summary in each adventure. Two, in fact - one for the players (a handout which lists the NPCs they've met and briefly reminds them who they are and what they've done so far) and one for the DM (with similar information plus additional secret DM-only information and role-playing tips). Each NPC will be accompanied by an illustration.

I love both of these ideas, and particularly the player handout. My players can't remember the WotBS NPCs to save their life. :)

Zeitgeist is looking like it's going to be amazing! Really looking forward to it.

One last point--a real weakness of 4e WotBS is the combat encounter design, especially in the early adventures. Despite its flaws, this is something Scales of War got right. I hope you're giving the fights as much love as you're giving the rest of the setting.

KidSnide

Adventurer

That sounds like a great idea.

-KS

The first encounter consists entirely of British people awkwardly opening doors, finding others engaged in marginally compromising situations, and then apologizing profusely at the inconvenience they've caused as they try to back away.

I know it's an experimental design, but after the first 7 or 8 hours, I think the players will really get into the style and mood of the campaign.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Well, I'm speaking particularly of the "British people awkwardly opening doors, finding others engaged in marginally compromising situations, and then apologizing profusely at the inconvenience they've caused as they try to back away" encounter... Delve format sort of gets in the way of the narrative, on that one.

(;))

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I'm speaking particularly of the "British people awkwardly opening doors, finding others engaged in marginally compromising situations, and then apologizing profusely at the inconvenience they've caused as they try to back away" encounter... Delve format sort of gets in the way of the narrative, on that one.

(;))

Oh, I just figured that 7 pages of boxed text would make for a compelling adventure. We could let them roll a dice half way through just for giggles, though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases