pneumatik's WotBS 3: Shelter from the Storm

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"How perfect, I'm headed the same way. You getting away from the Scourge like everyone still stuck in Vidor, or do you just like swamps?" Katrina says as she winks at Hollister.

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros says simply "We are on the Aquilline Cross' business. At present that business requires passage through Seaquen and this foul swamp to reach our next destination, and to continue our good work. Which does not normally involve sparing enemies to justice and freedom, but the witch was the only one to actually surrender."

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“Yeah, those are the worst... you really do not know what to do with them!”

Once they have everything done there and the treasure has been stashed away, Lytha is ready to continue their journey.

“We should move on, so we get some distance between ourselves and this place before nightfall.”

Rhun

First Post
"Do you know much of this swamp, Katrina? We received little enough information before entering. Are there any other threats we should be aware of?"

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"All I know for sure about the swamp is that Seaquen is on the other side."

The swamp envelops you with its sounds and smells. You feel like intruders in an alien world.

"So, Liiros, are the Knights with Ragesia or against it? I don't want to get in any more trouble by saying the wrong thing here," Katrina says.

You reach your aborted campsite shortly after dark. "What a miserable place to sleep," Torrent says. "We doing watches?" she asks while looking pointedly Katrina.

Arkhandus

First Post
"I just disapprove of killing those who've surrendered, miss Katrina. I've slain plenty of Ragessian invaders and mercenaries, as have many of my companions here. The Knights of the Aquilline Cross oppose all who harm innocents, of course. But there are also certain matters of honor and obligation to being a member of the order," Liiros replies in an even tone.

"I will stay on watch for now. Lytha and I require little rest, so we can handle the watch-shifts for the rest of the evening." he adds, finding a suitable spot on the island to stand on watch.

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“While my body does not need much rest, my mind certainly does,” Lytha corrects him.

“But that shouldn't prevent us from having watches. We should always have two people wake and watching.”

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Me and Fritz will surely do our share of the watching." Shaylir says cheerfully. The swamp was a new experience for the young halfling and she was enjoying it immensely.

"There is so much life here. I wonder how The Green Man keeps track of it all."
she says as she notices another new insect she has never seen before.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The night passes uneventfully. The next you pile into your two boats again and head off. It's a little more cramped in the boat that carries Katrina, but she's courteous and tries to not take up any more room than she had too. She's also not uncomfortable to be sitting close to. Her clothes are even clean.

"Liiros, I want to apologize if it sounded like I was fighting with you yesterday," Katrina says. "Having been held by those witches made it hard to let the last one live. To be honest I'm still upset about it. But I'd be a real jerk if I didn't support whatever you did to rescue me. If there's anything I can do to help you guys on your mission for the Knights, I'll do it."

"Good. I need a break from rowing. You're up" Torrent says.

The day is damp, humid, fetid, and boring, but it's safe. That night you make another camp on the largest patch of dry land you can find and massage muscles sore from rowing. As you continue travelling the next morning you begin to see more and more dry land. It gets a little harder to continue in the boats.

The quiet of the swamp is broken by the sound of a horn being blown off to the northeast. Looking, you see a group of elves approaching from around 200 feet away. "Hello there, you in the two boats!" one of them says. "You must stop. We have questions for any who would travel to Seaquen." There are seven in the group, but as they approach a several stop and take cover. The remaining three close with the party. Two are armored in chain mail while the third is dressed in robes.

The elf in robes says, "We are from Shahalesti. We need to inspect your belongings for military supplies."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases