pneumatik's WotBS 3: Shelter from the Storm

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel, male elf crusader of Corellon Larethian

Liiros says "Alright, let's get in the boats and see where her hostage is. Lead us to the hostage, witch, and I'll let you go after we've retrieved them." He pulls the witch over towards one of the group's boats, then asks Hollister to toss Liiros' backpack into the boat rather than going back to grab it himself. "Anyone have a light we can use? How far is it to where you're keeping the hostage, witch?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Is everyone alright?" Shaylir asks. "I would come over and check but moving is so hard right now."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: none
Standard: none
Free: none
Conditions: slowed, blessed[/sblock]
[sblock=stats]
HP: 31/31
AC: 19
Init: +3
Fort: +8
Reflex: +5
Will: +9(+10 vs fear)

Dagger = +4 to hit, (+2 BAB, +1 size) - 1d3/19-20x2

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water (2/2), Guidance, Detect Magic
1- Calm Animals, Cure Light Wounds (2/2) - 1d8+4
2- Hold Animal, Bull's Strength, Cure Light Wounds - 1d8+4

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Read Magic, Light
1- Shield of Faith,Bless,Protection from Evil, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+3

Pearl of power (1st lvl): unused
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 1/1
Vow of Healing: 4/4 [/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"It's not far. We live close to here, close to where everyone travels through the swamp. Get light. Get in your boats. We'll take you the hostage. We keep them next to our hut. We have one. We'll take you to her. It's not far." The witch continues talking as you make your preparations.

You climb into your boats, light torches, and set out. Your best guess is that the witch leads you half a mile away from where you were going to camp.

She leads you to a broad, soggy island covered with bare-branched trees in which no birds perch. Her home is a sprawling, halfsunken cluster of five wooden shacks in the island’s center, each barely ten feet across, surrounded by a low, uneven fence. A rotted dock stretches out from the island, and a cluster of thirteen boats float nearby or are propped up on fallen logs. The skeletons of the boat’s owners lie along the outside of the fence in a scattering of different piles. No lights are on in any of the shacks.

The witch has you find a spot for your boats on the rotting dock. She casually walks across the half-rotting planks and onto the island, taking a curiously circuitous path to one of the huts. The hut has one door with a lock on it. The witch takes out a key similar to those found by Hollister on the two dead witches and opens the door. "There she is. We kept her well."

Gagged, curled up, and chained in the corner of the shack is a woman with fiery red hair and slender curves. She's dressed in red robe with extravagantly flowing sleeves, a tight belt, and long leather boots. She looks up when the door open and raises her eyebrows expectantly.

[sblock]The slow has worn off. By the time you get to the witch's house huts the bless will have worn off, too.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros releases the witch on the island as he follows her to the hut with the hostage. He says "Very well, we will take your hostage with us in exchange for your life. Do not threaten us again and we will leave you be. It is unfortunate that your.......kin?.....had to die in the battle, but such is the nature of combat, and it was their own fault. We are only passing through the swamp and have no interest in your hovels."

The elf reaches down and removes the hostage's gag, then picks her up and carries her over towards the boat by the same route the witch had taken. As he does so, he says reassuringly "Worry not, fair maiden. I am Staret Liiros Tivaniel, Determined Vigil of the Knights of the Aquilline Cross, and holy warrior of Corellon Larethian. I travel with fellow adventurers including a few priestesses, who should be able to heal any injuries you may have sustained when captured by the witches. We will hopefully be out of this swamp soon, and you may travel with us to the next town in safety."

Once he gets back near the boat, he sets the woman down and draws his dagger, saying "I need to cut these ropes, be still and you'll be free in a moment." After a moment's pause, he begins carefully cutting away at the rope, until enough of it is severed that he can unwrap the bindings, at which point he sheathes the dagger.

If nothing unexpected happens, he helps the woman into the boat and then begins rowing back towards the little island the group had been resting on before.

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“I'm somewhat worried about other travelers, though,” Lytha explains, “but we can hardly strike her down just like this now, or can we? Wouldn't make us any better then them. On the other hand, those who travel here should know there are dangers and be prepared accordingly.”

Rhun

First Post
Hollister raises an eyebrow at Lytha's words. "To protect others from the foul machinations of this witch by slaying her now, before she has the chance to harm any others, would be no foul deed."

OOC: Hollister would have cast Detect Magic on the gear found on the witches:

- Full plate
- Heavy wooden shield
- Scroll
- Four vials of the same elixir or potion
- Silver necklace with glass beads worth 100gp
- Brass keys
- Green dress
- Spellbook

He would also investigate the Scroll and Spellbook to see what they contain.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No!" Shaylir bursts out at the wizard's words. "You can't just kill her. I... I mean you shouldn't, it's just not right."

Shaylir bites her lip. She feels awful defending the vile witch but all life is sacred it is what The Green Man has taught her. The snake is as needed as the butterfly, why should you kill the one on sight because it may or may not harm you. Defend and if the snake wishes to slither away, you let it.

"We should let her slither away." Shaylir says after a moment of silence.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Once she lets the party into the hut with the captive the remaining witch uses the same key to unlock the door to another hut. She quietly steps inside.

When Liiros removes the captive woman's gag she says, "Good. I’ve been waiting for you guys. I hope none of you died on my account." She smiles happily as he carries her out and to the boat. When he's finished cutting her bindings she says, "Aren't you a strong and chivalrous elf. But before we go, two thing: first, they have my stuff in their filthy hut. I need my magics. Second, we kill that last witch. They killed my travelling companions, they all need to die. Let me get my stuff and I'll even help." She winks at Liiros before standing up and stretching.

[sblock=ooc]Hollister found that only the four vials of the same elixer or potion are magic. The scroll is cure serious wounds. The spellbook has the following spells in it:

slow, stinking cloud, hideous laughter, scare, web, burning hands, magic missile, shield, sleep, comprehend languages, identify, detect thoughts, locate object, arcane sight, clairvoyance/clairaudience, and all cantrips.

Technically I think you'll need to use read magic to read the scroll and book, but there should be enough down time between now and the next time it matters that it's easier to just explain it here.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Hrmph!" Shaylir sniffs at the curvacious red head. "Look I don't know who you are but you aren't in charge here. Your the rescueie not the rescuer for magpie's sake. Liiros please, please just let her go." Shaylir asks with pleading puppy dog eyes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases