"Necessary Evil" IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Sometime in the last two days, the aliens slapped you in irons. Nullifiers, to be precise. You were wreaking havoc in Star City when the aliens performed one of their random sweeps.
Some of you were spotted by dumb luck, others were ratted out by someone who has a very bad day coming sometime in the near future.
You were transferred from one holding facility to another, and finally put on this M’buna, a weird alien transport ship that’s currently zipping down Central Avenue. Most likely, they're heading for one of those big Man O' Wars to take you off world. Rumor has it they like to dissect folks with super-powers to see what makes ‘em tick.
At least you won’t suffer alone. There are a few other capes in here as well. Some you recognize. Some you don’t. You’re all in the same boat now though.

OOC: You sit in the six chair group. On the remaining four are two K'tharen and two drones.

- Players, please describe where and how were you caught -

---

IC
OOC
RGhttp://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/303038-necessary-evil-rg.html

Attachments

• 140411014736_Transporter.jpg
    140411014736_Transporter.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
She should have known, should have seen it coming. Some stupid human had set her up, and all she'd been trying to do was supply and organize them.

She'd been working with a human named Jenna Jakes - one of the few she'd actually been able to halfways respect - Using her deep sea connections and the convenient sea-side nature of the city to bring in supplies... but as she soon discovered, some of the people working with the 'Watcher' were as trustworthy as should have been expected from mere humans. They'd been ratted out by someone, and the drones had come. At least it appeared the Watcher hadn't been captured, else she'd be on the transport too... wouldn't she?

Siren sighed as she glanced around at her fellow captives - All human, from the looks of them, then switched her gaze to her captors, glaring at them as she tried vainly to read them, biting her lip and straining with the effort before letting out her breath and letting her head fall back against the wall.

"This is not how it ends." She whispered to herself.

[sblock=ooc] I presume the 'nullifiers' stop all of our powers? Does that include the innate ones? And how about her armour, I presume they took it, and if so does she know where it is?[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Yes the nullifiers stop all your powers. The V'sori are also good at deactivating innate atlantean powers. You still wear your armor as they didn't want to risk triggering some fail-save by removing it. It still offers some protection (as you are still wearing it) but it is also powered down.
Bear with me. I grantee you will not play this game a week without powers.

jkason, Jenna Jakes is also an acquaintance from you from Tempest.

Arkhandus

First Post
It was supposed to be a simple job. Just a few human guards, waiting for K'tharen to arrive and take the weapons confiscated from a few rebel upstarts. Easy pickings.

He recognized one of the guards outside, and easily took on the familiar appearance of the man's commanding officer. But the guardsman was suspicious as soon as Gemini tried to walk in. Before he knew it, both guards had Rugers pointed at his head. Then he heard it. The CO's voice echoing from down the hall; he was already on the scene and inside the rebel den!

No chance of sneaking out with some black-market maser-rifles now........ They'd already be secured and there were probably more men inside. But wait......one of the voices was strange........inhuman. Then the CO came to the door as his men announced the imposter's presence. And he wasn't alone..... A K'tharen lumbered into view behind him. Gemini realized that he probably should have checked the back of the building first. His 'brother' was on the way to do so, but hadn't made it all the way around yet.....

In a moment of panic, he tried ducking the guards' firearms and pushing them off-balance, then focusing on the K'tharen and trying to adopt its monstrous strength and resilience...... But before he could finish the transformation, both guardsmen regained their balance on the elevated porch and had their guns trained on him once more, while the CO was diving at him.....

Gemini blacked out a moment later and, when he woke up, couldn't remember what happened to him. But his head hurt and continued bleeding a bit......and he was shackled, being lead along by a K'tharen onto something...... It took a bit longer for his head to clear up. He tried to copy the K'tharen's capabilities while it was distracted for a moment, dealing with another of its kind, probably talking about their orders or something, he didn't know. But nothing happened. His head still hurt, and he hadn't grown any bigger or more powerful. He still couldn't break free of the shackles. A curious sort of shackles, too, and something seemed to be interfering with his abilities. Or maybe it was just the headache........

"A fine mess we've gotten ourselves into, eh, mates?" he mutters bitterly in an Australian accent, to the other passengers on the alien transport. He looks to be a tanned caucasian fellow of average height and weight, slightly muscular, with short, scruffy brown hair and brown eyes. He wears simple clothes now, stripped of the fake officer's uniform he had put on over them earlier. He wondered if the bulletproof vest he had on underneath was still there.......and idly wondered if his briefcase was in here too.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

She was drowning them in a rain of fire and ice. The grunts had little to oppose her powerful magics. There were more dangerous ones, too, but she didn't find any at this time.

Unfortunately, they found her, though.

It was blind luck. Of course, what else could it have been? She was keeping a distance to her targets with her teleporting spells, hopping from place to place, from street to rooftop to balcony and back. She was right in her element there.

When she teleported to the entrance of an alley, unfortunately, she had chosen the same hiding spot, as one of their bigger, meaner soldiers. His reactions were fast, and he quickly grabbed her. If she only had her Frozen Armor ready by then, but it was too late. Not being born for combat, physical combat, that is, she lacked the strength to oppose the soldier and while struggling, he held her firmly. Unfortunately, her spells do require a certain amount of physical freedom, and so they were of little help, much less, once they put those blasted armbands on her, which would nullify any attempt.

Brooding about what she would do to them, once she got free of those armbands, the Sorceress sits in her chair, watching the other captives.

jkason

First Post
Brick

"This is not how it ends." She whispered to herself.

"Just tell me who to hit and how hard," Brick mutters, paying no heed to the fact His neighbor wasn't addressing him. He rattled the nullifier bonds, but it was useless; he was just a normal big guy now, and normal was no help against the invaders.

If only he'd gotten there faster. Jakes' emergency call caught him on the wrong end of Tempest, and no amount of gunning his bike or leaping like lives depended on it (they did) helped. He managed to come in swinging after the fight was all but done, when the aliens could turn all their attention to him.

"I was too late before," he whispers. "I'm not letting that happen again."

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren turned her attention to the large man beside her, looking him up and down for a moment as he spoke. 'I've had worse..' the thought slipped into her mind before she could stop it, and she almost laughed at the absurdity of it - Trapped in a prison ship on their way to what was most likely a painful death, and she was entertaining romantic thoughts about the first human she saw. So it was true then, imminent death played some strange tricks on the mind.

Wiping the minor smile from her face, and shaking the strange thoughts from her head, Siren looked him in the eyes. "I saw you arrive as I was brought down. You were trying to help us... help her?" She watched his eyes for that telltale human glint of recognition. "Well whether it was my resistance or your arrival buying her time, she is not here with us. I believe she escaped, and once we make good on ours, we shall find her and together we shall make them pay for every life lost... human and atlantean." She glanced at their guards, afraid that in her anger her whisper had risen to a dangerous level. Noting no movement, she calmed herself and turned to face him again. "I am Naiad, your people once called me the Siren of the seas."

jkason

First Post
Brick

Ben's eyes softened in relief as the woman reminded him that someone had been helped by his late aid. He tried to smile.

"Ben," he said. "Folks in the neighborhood usually call me Brick. And yeah, we get out here, there's a whole lot of payback coming."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Ben," he said. "Folks in the neighborhood usually call me Brick. And yeah, we get out here, there's a whole lot of payback coming."
"Agreed, Ben. Now, we just need to figure out how we're going to do that.." As Siren spoke, she began fiddling with her bonds, keeping an eye on the alien guards nearby.

"A fine mess we've gotten ourselves into, eh, mates?" he mutters bitterly in an Australian accent, to the other passengers on the alien transport. He looks to be a tanned caucasian fellow of average height and weight, slightly muscular, with short, scruffy brown hair and brown eyes. He wears simple clothes now, stripped of the fake officer's uniform he had put on over them earlier.

She looked over at the man across from her "So it would appear. Any ideas on how to get out of it?"
Siren continued attempting to slip out of her nullifiers. If she could just get her powers back, in a confined space like this where she wasn't outnumbered so much she might stand a chance. Especially if she could free some of the other prisoners...

*EDIT: Whoo, first roll of the game is a nat 20! And then watch as I find out the bonds are inescapable.. *L*
NOTE TO DM: If she DOES get free and regain her powers, the first thing she'll do is use her illusion power to make it look like she's stilll trapped.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Gemini almost instinctively tries to imitate the subtle gestures of the woman across from him in the transport...... Hardly even realizes that he's doing it, though his inexperience at slipping free of bonds proves it to be a futile attempt. And a few seconds later he realizes that he was also trying to copy her face, but didn't feel his flesh reconfiguring, so nothing happened. What a drag. The big guy might have some useful powers too, if not for my own powers sleeping on the job right now. Gee, thanks, powers. Abandon a guy when he's down.

"Plenty'a ideas, but where's a mate find a ray-dioactive gy-ant wallabee 'round these parts?" he remarks quietly in the same Australian accent.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases