"Necessary Evil" IC

Arkhandus

First Post
".......Perhaps the snazzy attire has mislead you to believe us wealthy businessmen, which may well be true, but even so I certainly wouldn't see fit to prove your assumptions right or wrong. I rarely needed 'contacts' to find, learn, or acquire anything before the invasion, and could quite easily find some if and when I felt like it. But at the moment we lack the time for that, so I simply intend to go out and directly acquire the materials we need. Exactly how I go about that depends on if any of you bleeding hearts intend to 'assist'. What I've observed of the Sorceress' abilities inclines me to believe that we can simply teleport into a building, so long as we can see through a window to aim the teleport. Then teleport back out once we grab some supplies. Repeat until we have enough supplies gathered, then use the Sorceress' magic doorways to deliver the goods to the Undergrounders," the older-looking Gemini replies after the group has discussed what to do.

"So," he adds after a moment, "if you want to raid some rich traitors' warehouses, that's up to you. I'd rather not bother with such a risky operation when easier alternatives are readily available, but I'm willing to go along with whatever you all think is best...."

[sblock=ooc]Sorry, didn't check the site for a few days, preoccupied this week. Gemini doesn't have the Contacts or Connections feats and a Hero Point only allows gaining one for a single round. Besides, he never really needed them when he could just impersonate anyone he needed to before when infiltrating places, and he had allies before to copy movement powers or stealth powers off of. Not so much now.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“I am certain, that your blade will taste enough blood (or whatever those things have) in the near future,” the Sorceress says reassuringly.

“Just remember, I can only attune myself to one place at a time, so the portal I can open will go into the sewers, and I will keep it there, for obvious reasons. Of course, Gemini, if you can mimic my powers well enough, you could use it somewhere else. Anyways, I still think we should hit one of the traitors' warehouses. It just seems the right thing to do. I suppose they will all be guarded, so in any case, we need to avoid those, or stand against them, and then it would be better to have enemies before us.”

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC:
we can simply teleport into a building, so long

Which building? Food is rationed for all but the richest (who are also collaborates) and medicine more so. It's not like that they are easily acquirable from a supermarket. If this were the case, the undergrounders wouldn't need your help to get it.

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

"I suppose I will just have to rely on your portal to the Undergrounders then, Sorceress...... Since it looks like we have a raid on our hands, I'll need to open a portal into the warehouse for the rest of you once I get inside. Wait here for a bit, and I'll find a suitable warehouse I suppose......" the older-looking Gemini says. He studies the vicinity carefully so he can open a portal to this location later.

Then he heads for the nearest collaborator's warehouse that he can think of. Gemini keeps his magic barrier active, and chants an incantation to Teleport himself up onto the roof of a nearby building. From there, he continues teleporting from rooftop to rooftop until close enough to get a look at the target warehouse and try to find a window with a clear view inside (chanting more teleportation spells if needed to get into position for a clear view into the warehouse, and watching for signs of any guards or other defenses before deciding where to teleport in).

As Gemini teleports between rooftops, the other Gemini, appearing younger and Asian, stays with the rest of the group while awaiting telepathic intel-reports from his 'brother'. He continues to wear the armor copied off of Helis, and stands ready for the portal.

[sblock=ooc]Not really the kind of answers Gemini was looking for, folks..... Basically all you agreed to was that we should teleport in to grab the supplies and then teleport out. Gemini was asking if any of you intended to 'help' and whether or not you were intent on raiding some traitors'/collaborators' warehouses. And I wasn't expecting supermarkets etc. to be viable options in the alien-occupation scenario anyway.

Gemini's alternative is to just personally teleport into a bunch of random people's homes and steal their food until he has enough gathered to take back to the Undergrounders. Thus the "you bleedin' hearts" comment. Gemini is fairly sure at this point that Brick is a softie "hero" type while Sorceress and Siren seem more like situationally heroic or not. Gemini's more concerned with results than means. But since everyone seems to be vaguely agreeing to raid warehouses......he'll go with that unnecessarily-risky idea.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Great, open the gates, so I can lay waste to those treasure vaults, and collect the spoils." Helis states, outstretching his arm, and making the Phyla of Ares appears in his hand in a golden flash of light.

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, aka Brick

Ben bites his lip as he sees Helis ready himself for destruction. He's not looking forward to the fight, but he supposes if the bloodthirsty warrior has to kill someone, he'd rather it was the invaders than other innocents. He holds his ground and waits for the signal from the near twin.

Walking Dad

First Post
Gemini is easily able to find a collaborator's ware house. Problem: Not a sufficient view to check out the interior before teleporting inside the building. The few windows are blackened. On the outside, he sees two drones standing ready and being watchful.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
OOC: Sorceress' Teleport is Accurate (it doesn't require line of sight or a detailed description of the destination, "inside that building" should be enough; the biggest downside is, that you simply do not know what you might run into there).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases