"Necessary Evil" IC

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

The Sorceress watches the two failing miserably at having an argument.

“If any of you need a shower of ice to cool down, let me know.”

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, Brick

Brick was never especially fast, always having depended on his natural toughness to keep him safe. So between that and trying to assure Octavia he was on her side, it took a while for the conflict between the much faster Siren and Helis to fully register. When it did, however, the wide-shouldered man didn't hesitate.

He launched himself into the air, coming down hard on Helis and pinning the ancient warrior beneath him.

"I don't give a flying $&#*(& about the size of your sword; put it away before I throw both you and it into that polluted harbor!"

OOC: I'm not 100% on the modified grapple rules, but what the heck. Brick's ostensibly built to be a grappler, might as well try it out.

Improved Grab means he can attack (DC 25 toughness save to Helis) and use that attack as his roll to start the grapple. Grapple check looks like it hits the CBD on Helis' sheet, which I think means he can choose a grapple action. Brick chooses Pin. Improved Pin means Helis will have a -4 to the check to escape.

Or I've completely misunderstood it all, at which point I'll edit. ;)

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren is unprepared for the veritable hail of arrows, and though most of them deflect off her armour, she is knocked back by the fantastic force of the assault. "OK, Not bad, you may be almost as good a fighter as you think you are, but you're still not half as good as some of the foes I've..." She straightens herself up to return fire, but is interupted by Brick's intervention, and left wide-mouthed. That he would throw himself at such a (though she loathed to admit it) deadly opponent like that.. to save her? No, of course not, he was a surfacer, he'd not fight one of his own for her. He must simply realize as she did how much of a threat and annoyance the man was.

[sblock=ooc]
Wow, really crappy rolling. *Wishes for Hitpoint system*
Anyways, rolled 11 on the second effect, then 25 on the reroll (+10 heropoint), so make that one. Rolled a 12 on the first attack this round, becoming staggered, and fortunately for me you miss with your second shot..
I gotta ask though, how'd you get a second attack while dazed when you allready used your heropoint?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Since Brick is joining the fray, Octavia decides to participate as well. But not in the usual, traditional sense.

"If thou must brawl, thou shalt be inspired to do it proper."

She activates her inspiration power bolstering everyone's abilities.

OOC: +5 Attack/Saves/Checks for everyone.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +15 Will: +12 CMD: 27
Attack: Ring: +12 CMB: +2
Hero Points: 1 + 3 (for Inspire)
Health: Excellent specimen of female sexuality
Diplomacy: +7; Escape Artist: +20;
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Voda Vosa

First Post
If I understand the HP system is that if you roll less than 10, you get a dice result of 10 + your modifiers, not plus your roll and modifiers. Is there any way Helis can counter that pin?

"What?" Helis says, taken by surprise by the Powerhouse that jumped over him and took him to the ground."Don't understand the Honor of a Duel?! Then I'll show thy!" Says Helis, as he struggles to escape Brick's pin.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
If I understand the HP system is that if you roll less than 10, you get a dice result of 10 + your modifiers, not plus your roll and modifiers. Is there any way Helis can counter that pin?
ooc: No, Jemal is doing it right.
No counter, as it is no contested roll, but you can roll your CMB vs his CMD.

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Brick's CMD is 31 by my counting.

But Helis is only grappled, not pinned yet.

VV, with the others pooling resources to restrain Helis, you could just say we can count it as pinned and continue with role-play. Or you all fight to the bitter end.

In any case, we need some posts ;)

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helis tries to remove the weight of Brick from over him, but his wounds take toll on him. A considerable line of blood runs from his mouth. At the effort, Helis' eyes fix in sudden pain, and he coughs a spray of blood. Gasping, the greek warrior manage to grin a bloody smile. "Seems thou have bested The Destroyer! *Cough* What would thy have of me?" he says, relaxing his muscles, and opposing no resistance.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases