"Necessary Evil" IC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Octavia comments wryly from her cover, "Victims art weak and of no consequence."

Seeing the effectiveness of the ring's power against the drones, she mentally assaults another one nearby.

[Sblock=Actions]Standard Action: Mental Blast 7 on the nearest Drone. Target needs to make Will DC 22 Save.
Move Action: None[/Sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +15 Will: +12 CMD: 27
Attack: Ring: +12 CMB: +2
Hero Points: 1 + 3 (for Inspire)
Health: Excellent specimen of female sexuality
Diplomacy: +7; Escape Artist: +20;
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Gemini-Octavia flinches for a moment at one drone's rather accurate blast, but snarls and turns invisible again, moving off to the side. Then he/she blasts back with the ring, reappearing.

Meanwhile, Gemini-Brick recovers from his poorly-aimed strike, and tries a simpler, lunging punch this time. If he smashes the drone well enough, he steps up to the next one to prepare for more smashing.

OOC: Actually, you forgot my +2 Toughness from Defensive Roll, WD, so Gemini only failed by 8 with that roll. But I'll use my hero point to re-roll......stupid dicebot......still, the HP makes it a 23, so no harm. Figures, as soon as we enter combat.....

[sblock]Since using a hero point to improve a roll always results in a minimum roll of 11, Gemini-Octavia's minimum Toughness result would be 21, a mere "bruised" condition. The 23 with the hero point re-roll results in no damage, but man do I hate this dicebot......stupid strings of identical or near-identical rolls.

Gemini-Octavia resumes Invisibility as a free action, then moves some 10 or 20 feet off to the side before Blasting back at the drone that wounded him/her. Reappears, won't be able to reactivate Invis until next turn. I factored Sneak Attack into the damage this time due to Invisibility.

Gemini-Brick tries again to smash a drone, and if successful, steps up to another one to menace it up-close.

Remember that Gemini has Elusive Target, so enemies take -4 to hit him with ranged attacks as long as he's in melee, unless they have Precise Shot 2 or something.

Gemini-Brick Combat Stats in Brief:
BAB +6, CMB +12, CMD 24, Defense 16, Toughness +7 (+9 Defensive Roll) (Impervious 10)
Fort +9, Ref +4 (+6 Defensive Roll), Will +9 (+15 Limited Mind Shield)
Unarmed Strike +6 melee (Toughness DC 21) (Penetrating 6)
Str 22, Dex 14, Con 22, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
Defensive Roll 2, Elusive Target, Sneak Attack (unranked)
Mind Shield 6 (Limited), Enhanced Strength 8 (Penetrating 6), Enhanced Constitution 8, Leaping 3, Protection 1 (Impervious 10), Super-Strength 2

Gemini-Octavia Combat Stats in Brief:
BAB +6, CMB +8, CMD 20, Defense 16, Toughness +8 (+10 Defensive Roll) (Impervious 6)
Fort +5, Ref +4 (+6 Defensive Roll), Will +9 (+15 Limited Mind Shield)
Unarmed Strike +6 melee (Toughness DC 17)
Divine Energy Blast +10 ranged (Precise) (Toughness DC 23) (Range increment 80 ft.)
Mental Blast (Perception) (Subtle) (Will DC 19 vs damage)
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
Defensive Roll 2, Elusive Target, Sneak Attack (unranked)
Mind Shield 6 (Limited), Flight 3 (Drawback: Requires sufficient space and wing mobility), Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison), Protection 6 (Impervious 6), Invisibility 2 (All visual senses, Flaw: Passive), Device 4 (Ring, hard to lose, Divine Energy Blast 8 - Accurate 2 - Precise 1, AP: Mental Blast 4 - Subtle)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren stays near Brick and focuses her mental assault on another drone.

[sblock=combat]Same as last time, DC 25 Will save.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helis had slipped his sword in the base of the neck of the shot prisoner, the blade coming out of his throat. The greek slives the dword back, as the body falls down, the blade dripping warm blood. As he hears the tacit challenge from behind, he turns, a wicked looking smile fixed in his leaps. "It is, will thy face Helis the Destroyer on thou own, tiny maggot? I'll love to take thou intestines out and feed them to thy."

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

Seeing Helis vanish through her portal together with the prisoners, the Sorceress sighs and keeps concentrating on it for now instead of her original plan to shut it close.

OOC: Whoops, I thought I had posted this here already, but it was in the OOC only... :eek:

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 2

Brick swears as he misses his drone target, but chuckles at Siren's compliment. "I think I'll take that as a compliment," he says with a good-natured grin. Then he starts swinging at drones again. He is hitting hard, but the drone is only staggering back, still active.
Octavia comments wryly from her cover, "Victims art weak and of no consequence." Seeing the effectiveness of the ring's power against the drones, she mentally assaults another one nearby.
Siren stays near Brick and focuses her mental assault on another drone.
Two more drones fall under their combined assault.
Gemini-Octavia flinches for a moment at one drone's rather accurate blast, but snarls and turns invisible again, moving off to the side. Then he/she blasts back with the ring, reappearing.
Meanwhile, Gemini-Brick recovers from his poorly-aimed strike, and tries a simpler, lunging punch this time. Both Geminis have no luck on their aim and miss.
Seeing Helis vanish through her portal together with the prisoners, the Sorceress sighs and keeps concentrating on it for now instead of her original plan to shut it close

The drones fire back, hitting G-Brick and Sorceress. The sorceress' force field has no problem defending her ...

-----

Other side of the portal:

Helis had slipped his sword in the base of the neck of the shot prisoner, the blade coming out of his throat. The greek slives the dword back, as the body falls down, the blade dripping warm blood. As he hears the tacit challenge from behind, he turns, a wicked looking smile fixed in his leaps. "It is, will thy face Helis the Destroyer on thou own, tiny maggot? I'll love to take thou intestines out and feed them to thy."
"You are a foul! I have no intestines. I'm made of pure energy!" The glowing shape responds crackling.

[sblock=ooc]

Drone Toughness (DC 25) (1d20+7=25)
Drone Will saves (DC 25, 22) (1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=17)
Drone attacks (Siren, Sorceress, G-Oct, G-Brick) (1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=15, 1d20+5=16, 1d20+5=17)
Toughness vs Drones (DC 22 G-Brick, Sorceress) (1d20+9=18, 1d20+16=34)

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Octavia -
Brick -
Gemini (Oct) - used 1 HP
Gemini (Brick - bruised 1
Sorceress -
Siren -
Helis - on the other side...

4/12 Drones

[/sblock]

ooc: PCs turn.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Octavia waits to see if the others are able to finish off at least three of the remaining drones. The she sends another mental blast at the last of the dwindling supply of drones.

With the pursuit eliminated, she flies to the portal and steps through.

[Sblock=Actions]Delay until only one drone remains
Standard Action:
Mental Blast 7 on the nearest Drone. Target needs to make Will DC 22 Save.
Move Action: Move through portal if her attack ends the last drone.[/Sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +15 Will: +12 CMD: 27
Attack: Ring: +12 CMB: +2
Hero Points: 1 + 3 (for Inspire)
Health: Excellent specimen of female sexuality
Diplomacy: +7; Escape Artist: +20;
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Jemal

Adventurer
"This is taking too long, we need to get out of here." Siren steps out from behind Brick and opens her mind, Unleashing the full force of her power on the drones.

[sblock=ooc]
Using Extra Effort for Power Stunt to gain an AP Mental Blast, adding Shapeable Area to affect all the baddies, and the action flaw to even the cost out. Full action: AOE Mental Blast, no attack/reflex save. Will save DC 25 vs damage.
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“In case he isn't coming by himself, maybe someone should go through the portal and tell that big bruiser that we are headed to the center of the camp here for pick-up, and then come back here with him. I will keep it open for now. If I have to close it, stay there, I will come and get you back here.”

Being reasonably certain, that her allies can defeat the drones, the Sorceress keeps concentrating on the portal, hoping that they manage to sort out on which side they want to end up at the end.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helis grins, "It is of no consequence." says Helis, as he jumps to attack with his sword. In a fraction of a seconds he has deliver several blows! However, none of them appears to have affected the energy creature.

Last edited:

Remove ads