"Necessary Evil" IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Once everyone reaches the center of the compound with Mindjack (I assume you didn't shove him through the portal), Dr. Destruction's carrier swoops back in for pickup. The doctor sneers and
seems about the rescue of the other captives:
"Look at the villains playing the hero! How disappointing. I don't suppose you bothered to check if any of them are actually useful?"
The carrier tokes off as quickly as it landed and soars off into the night sky just before the enemy reinforcement arrives in now familiar M’bunas.

The carrier touches dawn in one of the many tough neighborhoods of Southpoint. The hatch opens and Dr. Destruction points to an abandoned warehouse.
"I thank you for your service tonight . You performed better than I thought you would. I suggest you come up with a team name for yourselves. You're an Omega cell now, whether you want to be or not. I'll be in touch."

GM: Please react and then describe what your character is doing the next few days (but not have them leave the city). Describe hideouts as desired (your HQ will give you no in Game benefit, so ignore possible point costs).

Jemal

Adventurer
"Unfortunately, some of your 'recruits' here are a bit too impatient for such things." Siren speaks up "That dog in particular is going to need a short leash." She looks towards Hellis.

After they touch down, she glances over to the nearby dock - At least she'd be near enough to the water when the need arose.

As they enter, she sends telepathic messages to Brick and Sorceress "You two seem relatively sane for surface dwellers. If we are to be forced to work together, we must find a way to curb the less-cooperative natures of our 'associates'."

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“They might not be immediately useful for our purposes, but they will definitely all be useful in the way, that they are against the invaders and thus will use whatever little power they possess to hurt them. To some degree, that will surely be useful. One woman wanted to accompany us, I'm not actually sure she made it, though...” the Sorceress explains, as she looks around to see if Valerie Ramirez made it together with them, or rather stayed with the other prisoners and moved through the portal to freedom.

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, Brick

As they enter, she sends telepathic messages to Brick and Sorceress "You two seem relatively sane for surface dwellers. If we are to be forced to work together, we must find a way to curb the less-cooperative natures of our 'associates'."

Ben seems confused a moment, then recognizes the source of contact. He furrows his brow as he does his best to 'think back,' not being used to telepathy.

The mimic seems more a mischief maker than a real threat. Octavia's got an attitude, but I know her from ... before --Siren senses a vague confusion as to the details of whatever constitutes 'before' -- she'll do whatever it takes to keep herself alive, I think. And she's not interested in picking fights.

It's Helis I'm most worried about. He seems intent on proving his superiority, and doesn't seem to care who gets hurt; actually, it looks like he prefers it if folks get hurt. I think that's where we need to put the most attention and energy. I don't doubt he'd kill any one of us if it furthered his personal ambitions.

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Once everyone reaches the center of the compound with Mindjack (I assume you didn't shove him through the portal), Dr. Destruction's carrier swoops back in for pickup. The doctor sneers and
seems about the rescue of the other captives:
"Look at the villains playing the hero! How disappointing. I don't suppose you bothered to check if any of them are actually useful?"
The carrier tokes off as quickly as it landed and soars off into the night sky just before the enemy reinforcement arrives in now familiar M’bunas.

The carrier touches dawn in one of the many tough neighborhoods of Southpoint. The hatch opens and Dr. Destruction points to an abandoned warehouse.
"I thank you for your service tonight . You performed better than I thought you would. I suggest you come up with a team name for yourselves. You're an Omega cell now, whether you want to be or not. I'll be in touch."
Gemini-Brick heads outside once the last of the drones inside have fallen, and hops up to the roof, grabbing Mindjack and carrying him back down and to the center of the compound for extraction. Followed by Gemini-Octavia after he/she turns invisible again. The two are strangely silent for a bit, and Gemini-Brick discorporates into dust after the extraction as Gemini decides he doesn't need his 'brother's' help any further at the moment. Gemini himself morphs back into the appearance of a man, now a bit tall and lanky, pale-skinned with shaggy blond hair and blue eyes, changing into some random men's clothes within a second or two. However, he retains Octavia's wings and strange ring for now.

To Doctor Destruction: "Eh, others started it, I just figured they might make for a distraction. Waste the Fins' time for a bit."

"Well, see ya later I guess, Doc..... I need a beer," he says as the group gets dropped off.

To the others he says "Guess he'll contact us whenever he damned well feels like it. I hate telepaths. Nosy bastards. Too bad I owe this one a favor now. I hate favors." As he walks away, he adds "Guess I'll see ya'll again sometime....... Later." He turns invisible and heads for one of his hideouts to rest and report back to the only fellow he owes any bit of allegiance to..... Gemini abandons the powers he copied from Octavia once he gets to an alley near his hideout, given how much of a nuisance the wings would be indoors.

He also considers the merits of duplicating the others' powers and whether or not he should seek out someone more useful to steal powers from..... Those he mimicked earlier weren't as tough nor as strong as he would've liked, not in the ways he could emulate so far. Perhaps with more practice he could emulate more of Brick's strength and durability, but for now he seemed a poor fit for Gemini's 'brother' to emulate. Perhaps the unstable murderous one, Helis, may have some powers worth stealing? Or the sorceress? He still wasn't sure what Siren could do, but telepaths are always a pain. Like his boss......

[sblock=ooc]I mislabeled it as a Toughness save, but Gemini's Will save against Feedback from his duplicate being damaged is a success, so only the duplicate was hurt. Gemini has no particular plans for the next few days, just reporting in to his boss, and doing a bit of research to see if he can find anything informative about Brick, Octavia, Siren, Helis, and Sorceress.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I don't care about anything, thou may speak whatever thou want, words don't do they killing, swords do; that's the way of the Destructor. Killing weaklings is only the beginning, if thou don't want to see more of that, thou should do something about it." teases Helis, walking around Sire. "Unless thou are shivering in fear."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Once the rendezvous is completed, Octavia climbs aboard the transport and returns to visibility. They have freed this Mindjack and paid their debt, so she is content to follow along as they are extracted from the prison and subsequently deposited in Southpoint.

Unable to return to her old ways of operating solo, this Doctor reminds her of another such mastermind she once worked for. The details are fuzzy, but she thinks the one called Brick was also involved.

Octavia stands patiently observing her reluctant companions for a moment. The mimic departs, and she admits to herself that she feels more comfortable without seeing her visage moving around in front of her.

The looks between a few of the others are indicative of some communication that she is not privy to, Clearly a lack of trust. That works both ways.

Her brow furrows in consternation as her sharp perception can pick up the facial expressions and looks between them as they appear to be rudely having a private conversation.

Aloud she comments, her soft tone slightly acidic, "Thou art keeping secrets." Her look is accusing at the one called Brick, supposedly a prior comrade in arms. But her eyes also glare at the other two as well.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +15 Will: +12 CMD: 27
Attack: Ring: +12 CMB: +2
Hero Points: 1 + 3 (for Inspire)
Health: Excellent specimen of female sexuality
Diplomacy: +7; Escape Artist: +20;
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Valerie Ramirez left with the others through the portal.

I will give you some more roleplaying time as I have a bad response time during the weekend. A new chapter will start after the weekend. Have a good time everyone :)
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, Brick

"I don't care about anything, thou may speak whatever thou want, words don't do they killing, swords do; that's the way of the Destructor. Killing weaklings is only the beginning, if thou don't want to see more of that, thou should do something about it." teases Helis, walking around Sire. "Unless thou are shivering in fear."

Brick clenches his fists and jaw, but doesn't respond, letting Siren take lead with Helis, since she seems to have a more cerebral approach than Brick's 'punch the problem' instincts.

Her brow furrows in consternation as her sharp perception can pick up the facial expressions and looks between them as they appear to be rudely having a private conversation.

Aloud she comments, her soft tone slightly acidic, "Thou art keeping secrets." Her look is accusing at the one called Brick, supposedly a prior comrade in arms. But her eyes also glare at the other two as well.

Brick's distracted by the accusation, and blushes with the embarrassment of it. He looks to Octavia, then tries to subtly indicate the still-posturing Helis, hoping to convey that he'll let her in on things later, once he's sure Helis isn't about to pull a repeat of his behaviour at the prison.

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren twitches in anger. "Fear?" She turns to face Helis, and the look on her face sends dread coursing through his veins. "If you want to know fear then go ahead and continue trying to pick fights. I gaurantee that you'll pick the wrong one sooner rather than later. Wouldn't it be better to stop this idiotic posturing, which is going to get somebody killed, and actually try working together? Or do you like living in slavery under your alien masters?"

[sblock=ooc]
Emotion control to instill fear in Helis. DC 20 Will save. I'm limiting it to Shaken, no fleeing.[/sblock]

Once the rendezvous is completed, Octavia climbs aboard the transport and returns to visibility. They have freed this Mindjack and paid their debt, so she is content to follow along as they are extracted from the prison and subsequently deposited in Southpoint.

Unable to return to her old ways of operating solo, this Doctor reminds her of another such mastermind she once worked for. The details are fuzzy, but she thinks the one called Brick was also involved.

Octavia stands patiently observing her reluctant companions for a moment. The mimic departs, and she admits to herself that she feels more comfortable without seeing her visage moving around in front of her.

The looks between a few of the others are indicative of some communication that she is not privy to, Clearly a lack of trust. That works both ways.

Siren's eyes stay locked on Helis as she expands her communication to include Octavia as well as Brick and Sorceress.
"You spoke defensively for the Destroyer, whom has proven himself rash, arrogant, violent, uncooperative, and purely evil. The only reason he is not allready face down in the ocean is that the Doctor seems to wish us to work together. The leeway I give for that is almost over. By associating yourself with him, you have given me reason to distrust you."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases