"Necessary Evil" IC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Octavia watches the one called Siren lose her temper and start poking the angry bear again. She shakes her head in disappointment, her previous advice unheeded.

When Siren finally decides to include her in the telepathic conversation Octavia replies, I defended nothing. I advised thou to be careful around someone dangerous. Thou apparently did not listen then or learn, replying only with condescension. Presently, thou continues to be confrontational. If thou wishes to be trusted, thou will have to earn it.

Since it appears that the issues with Helis are going to escalate out of hand, she moves and stands next to Brick, out of the way.

OOC: I don't think you will be able to roll dice against other players unless the DM allowed PvP actions.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +15 Will: +12 CMD: 27
Attack: Ring: +12 CMB: +2
Hero Points: 1 + 3 (for Inspire)
Health: Excellent specimen of female sexuality
Diplomacy: +7; Escape Artist: +20;
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Walking Dad

First Post
GM: I think I will allow 'soft' PvP for this one. As long as you don't take total control of another character or kill each other. Is this alright for everyone? Please comment in the OOC thread (link is in the first post).

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hlis grins. He quickly makes it near Siren, produces a sword out of his hand in a flash of golden energy, and punctuates her with it. "This is what fear is made from, pain." he says, his sword banishing, as he walks past Siren, seemingly, his point proven.

Initiative: 26
Attack with Hipastes: 25 DMG DC 23, penetrating, Autofire.

Jemal

Adventurer
The Siren dances out of the way of most of the strikes, but one manages to connect slightly with her cheek, forcing her head back.
With a grin, she slowly turns her head back to face the 'beast' "Thank you sir, may I have another?" Her eyes glow with power as her mind enters his. When(if?) his senses recover, she is standing much further than she appeared a moment before, now closer to the dock.

[sblock=ooc]
Well, I was trying to do this without entering combat, but I guess we have to get the pecking order figured out, and since we're mostly evil, this is the easiest way to do it. Allright, if he wants to fight, lets fight. :D

First off: You forgot your Will save vs the Fear. (DC 20) Failure = Shaken (-2 attacks/saves/Checks)

Second off: after that's done, make a second will save: DC 20 again vs fear. This time not holding back to a 'shaken only' result.
Remember if you failed the fear save the FIRST time, you have a -2 to this save.

Actions: Standard = Fear.
Move = Move 30' towards the dock (Not sure how far away it is)
[/sblock]
[sblock=combat stats]
Defense 22
Toughness +8
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helis is taken aback by the first emotional wave, and then by the second, but it triggers the natural rage that burns like the forge of the gods inside him, allowing him to overcome the fright sensation. He quickly chases Siren, and as he is getting closer, he takes his hand to his back, materializing a spear of golden energy, that he skewers in Siren's back. The spear lingers there, keeping the pain in place. "So thou are a witch, trying to play with my mind! I'll play with thy body then! Surrender before it's too late!" menaces Helis, moving his hand face up, and materializing a golden energy short sword in it.

Condition: Unharmed, Shaken, Angry
Actions: Spend a Hero point for rerolling the second Will save. Run after Siren and attack with Phyla for dmg DC 23. Next round Siren has to make another DC 23 dmg save.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren's grin widens with masochistic glee as Helis's blade leaves a gash across her back "Is that all? Well If you're not going to try I suppose I should just end this before it gets boring." A wave of more concentrated energy assaults the destroyers consciousness as she forgoes attempting to scare him off and tries instead to knock him out.

[sblock=If Helis stays conscious]
Siren raises an eyebrow "OOh, That's the spirit!, you want to play?" She leaps off the dock and into the water "Then come play."
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Extra Effort to up the effective rank of my Mental Blast by 2 for one round.
Helis needs a DC 27 will save vs damage, with the -2 penalty for being shaken. If you are not stunned or worse by it, I use a hero point to gain an extra standard action and do it again.

If he's still standing (Not stunned or worse) by the second attack, I move action into the water.

Combat Stats:
Bruised(-1 saves), Fatigued (-2 str/dex, -1 atk/defense)
Defense: 21
Toughness: +8
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helis takes the mental blast, his head going back as if he had hit a tree branch while running. He stands there, stunned, furious.

Condition: Bruised 1, Shaken?, More Angry.
Rolled with Will of +5, but how much turns does Shaken last? Cuz I was shaken Last round. Anyhow, Helis is stunned.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren continues her mental assault on the Destroyer, trying to bring him down.

[sblock]
DC 25 will save with -3 (1 bruised 2 shaken)
Emotion control is sustained/lasting, so it lasts as long as I take free actions to maintain it (Which means as long as I'm conscious. If I'm stunned I have to make a concentration check to maintain it). You get a second save after one minute, then 5 minutes, then 20 (See time and progression table) with a cumulative +1 to the save.

Combat Stats:
Bruised(-1 saves), Fatigued (-2 str/dex, -1 atk/defense)
Defense: 21
Toughness: +8
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
VV, emotion control is a lasting power. See below:

Lasting: A Lasting duration denotes a power with a lasting effect
the target must recover from by making additional saving throws,
with a cumulative +1 bonus per previous save. A successful save ends
the power’s effect. An Instant Lasting power allows a new saving
throw each round on the initiative count when the effect occurred. A
Concentration Lasting power allows a new save for each interval on
the Time and Value Progression Table (see below) that passes,
starting one minute after the power takes effect. A Sustained Lasting
power allows new saves at the same intervals, except it requires only
a free action to maintain, and if you concentrate during a time interval
(taking a standard action each round), the subject does not gain
the cumulative +1 save bonus for that interval. If you stop maintaining
a Sustained Lasting power, its effects continue until the target
successfully saves to shake off the power’s effects. A Continuous
Lasting power does not allow new saves against it at all; it lasts until
the power’s effect is countered or reversed in some way, even if you
switch to an Alternate Power (see page 108).

----

Also don't forget the somewhat hidden houserule in the OOC:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5576607-post242.html

missed saves result in dazed, not stunning (follow link for complete definition of dazed for this).

----

Are you sure Siren is fatigued and not Winded?
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5536084-post194.html

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Overwhelmed by the mental attack, Helis is able to create a bow out of the golden energy, and shoot several arrows at the psychic creature.
After the second assault (Assuming Siren Makes the save) Helis continue to pelt Siren with golden mystical arrows.

Ok, so my Dazed action will be attacking Siren with the Toxote. I'll also roll for the toughness. Rolling also my attack for this round. She also needs to save vs DC 23 Penetrating damage this round from Secondary Effect last turn.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases