"Necessary Evil" IC

Jemal

Adventurer
"It is a shame our duel was interupted, but I think it went well nonetheless. You proved that you're not the braggart I first thought, and I would hope you likewise realized I'm not as weak as you had assumed."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Octavia had been just putting the finishing touches on the V'sori informant she had tracked and cornered. "Thy arse-licking sycophant days are over. Thou shall not aid SOCorp agents again."

She just finishes tucking the corpse out of sight so it will not be found too easily when her comm-link goes off. Listing to the message she makes her way stealthily (invisible) back to the warehouse to see what opportunities there are to gain more power. Doctor Destruction's debt has been paid already, but if aiding his cause makes her stronger and allows her hunt better, so be it.

Seeing two others already arrived, Octavia become visible and nods a greeting. She peers around to spot this alleged device that is meant for Brick to carry.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +15 Will: +12 CMD: 27
Attack: Ring: +12 CMB: +2
Hero Points: 1 + 3 (for Inspire)
Health: Excellent specimen of female sexuality
Diplomacy: +7; Escape Artist: +20;
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Gemini was watching some old cartoons on the TV in his current apartment (rented under the alias of some poor bum he mugged a few months ago), enjoying the wanton violence and craziness of the old-fashioned slapstick, when his communicator buzzed. What a nuisance.

Bad enough that his 'mentor' sent a telepathic summons roaring through his mind like a freight train the other day, after the run-in with Dr. Destruction. Now the Doctor was probably calling to give him more orders. No doubt he would hunt Gemini down or just launch some telepathic attack against him if he refused, like hurling him from the V'sori transport last time.

So Gemini picked up the commlink from his coffee table and switched it on, listening to the message. Gemini responded "Awright, find dem Underworlders, git that thar power source, 'n' hook up yuir haivy gier t' beam the juice t' yer ouin lab or wotevah. Easy-peasy," in a jumble of different tones and accents. He hadn't decided yet who he'd be today.

He was half-tempted to respond in a mix of Arabic, Japanese, and Italian just to see if Doctor Destruction could even make heads or tales of it (and maybe sneak in a few disparaging words into the mix), but decided at the last second to avoid potentially provoking the supervillain.

Now Gemini gets off the couch, does a few stretches, then goes over to rifle through his myriad disguises. Finally, he steps outside in the guise of the bum he mugged a few months back, though less dirty and more professionally dressed, and strides out towards a more-crowded street where he adopts the appearance of a random guy passing by in the crowd. As he passes through an alleyway, his 'brother' materializes and follows, assuming the appearance of another random fellow on the next busy street they pass.

When Gemini arrives at the warehouse, he appears to be a pair of middle-management guys, talking business in New England accents as they approach the warehouse, briefcases in hand. One of the two fellows appears to be a tall, slam caucasian man in his 40s with a bald spot barely combed-over with brown hair, wearing a brown suit with white shirt and a checkered red-and-yellow tie. The other fellow seems to be a shorter man with Asian features, black suit and black tie with a white shirt and scruffy black hair, speaking with a hint of a Japanese accent. Their suits are just cheap knockoffs of what real executives would wear.

The two very different businessmen enter the warehouse and, virtually as one, simultaneously say in loud, clear voices "You know, we really should synchronize our communicators to the same frequency, given that the Doctor has insisted we work together." The two spread out to lean against opposite walls of the warehouse.

[sblock=ooc]I was just waiting for things to move on from the Helis/Siren/Brick brawl....... Gemini has no reason to interfere with others' conflicts unless he has something to gain from it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
GM: Waiting for [MENTION=478]Thanee[/MENTION], jkason is excused. Nice posts!
Will continue tomorrow and NPC the Sorceress, if necessary, until Thanee returns.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

The Sorceress had spent most of her time in taverns or on the road, when she needed rest. She quickly had learned, that this wasn't about to work very well in this new region she is in now. After some looking around for a suitable hiding place, she found an old abandoned tower, which wasn't in use. It somewhat reminded her to the sorcerer towers, that were a reasonably common sight in her life before. Ok, it isn't anything like those, to be honest, but at least it is a tower. Sort of. Not quite a ruin, yet, but not far away from it either. At least it didn't have any of those fancy electronics, she doesn't quite understand much about.

Of course, the Sorceress isn't completely against the marvels of technology, and that commlink she was given is quite a useful item for sure. There would be other ways to communicate, but this worked well enough.

When the message arrived, she figures that it was better than hanging around in her lair and brooding over these alien invaders. At least it was giving her a chance to do something productive. Hopefully it was that. She wasn't quite sure about that Dr. Destruction, yet, but at least he obviously knew what he wanted, and if its goal was to hurt these aliens, it couldn't be all bad.

So, the Sorceress suddenly appears in the middle of the warehouse, wearing her usual dress, a golden sphere hovering above her head and ice crystals dancing all around her. She looks around, to see if anyone else is there, too.

Walking Dad

First Post
Brick arrives after the others, unusual quite. Perhaps hangover or a bad day?

The device in the warehouse weighs over 600 pounds, and looks like some kind of generator encased in a rusty iron frame. A thick but very short power coupling rests on a hook on one side, ready to be plugged in somewhere — presumably to Terron's power terminal as it does not fit any standard connections. A single telescoping titanium rod is also visible in the machine's top, recessed in a deep tube. It seems obvious this rod will expand at some point — most likely when the device is powered up.

There are three ways into the caverns beneath Star City, all beginning with the sewers.
Possible entry points are secluded manhole covers, enlarged drainage pipes, or deserted pump stations.

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren looks at the device, still dripping on the floor. "There's a large drainage pipe about a half-mile up the coast from here, I haven't heard of anything toxic coming out of it, so it's likely it just leads to the sewers. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm looking forward to meeting these undergrounders - The sooner we all organize, the quicker we can get these aliens off your land, out of my waters, and away from our planet."

[sblock=ooc/dm]
I figured between being aquatic and talking to fish, she probably knows a fair bit about the waters nearby, so I just took a liberty with 'finding' a drainage pipe. If it's a problem just say so, and I'll change it.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

"Ugh.........sewer-diving...... Anyone have a force-field to keep the filth off?" the older-looking 'businessman' says, before donning some sewer-worker's outfit in a blur of motion.

The other 'businessman' changes likewise, then says in his somewhat-Japanese accent "Prease say you do......sewers are so beneath us. We've only obtained these uniforms on the rare chance we'd need them for infirtration."

Meanwhile, the Geminis focus their attention on some of the other super-powered individuals in the warehouse, concentrating for a few moments to assume their powers and determine for themselves if anyone has a suitable force-field..... The shorter, younger, Asian-looking fellow suddenly materializes some body armor similar to Siren's, but otherwise neither changes appearance.

[sblock=ooc]Gemini focuses on Sorceress and Mimics her powers, while his Duplicate focuses on Mimicking Siren's powers. Neither changes form though, for now.

Sorceress powers copied:
"Energy Shield" Force Field 8 (flaw: Full Action, drawback: Power Loss without proper gestures and incantations to cast, 1pp),
Array 4 (power feat: Alternate Power 1, drawback: Power Loss as above, 1st configuration is "Teleport" Teleport 3 with Change Direction and Turnabout power feats plus the Accurate extra but also the Short-Range flaw, 2nd configuration is "Town Portal" Teleport 8 with Portal extra and Action: Standard flaw and Anchor/Single Place flaw and Long-Range flaw, 8pp),
Magic 8 (power feat: Alternate Power 8, drawback: Power Loss as above, 1st configuration is "Frozen Armor" Snare 4 with the Aura and Duration: Sustained and Independent and Total Fade extras but the Action: Full and Range: Touch flaws, 2nd configuration is "Glacial Spike" Blast 4 with the Range: Perception and Linked extras but the Action: Full flaw and it is linked to "Turn to Ice" Petrification 8 with the Range: Perception and Linked extras but the Action: Full and Duration: Instant/Lasting flaw, 3rd configuration is "Frozen Orb" Blast 5 with the Area: Cone/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full flaw and it is linked to "Freeze" Snare 5 with the Area: Cone/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full and Entangle flaws, 4th configuration is "Blizzard" Blast 5 with the Indirect 1 and Progression: Cloud Duration 1 power feats and the Area: Cloud/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full flaw and the Full Power and Reduced Range 1 drawbacks and it is linked to "Freeze" Snare 5 with the Indirect 1 and Progression: Cloud Duration 1 power feats and the Area: Cloud/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full and Entangle flaws and the Full Power and Reduced Range 1 drawbacks, 5th configuration is "Chain Lightning" Blast 5 with the Indirect 1 power feat and the Area: Burst/General extra, 6th configuration is "Fire Bolt" Blast 7 with the Accurate 2 power feat, 7th configuration is "Fire Ball" Blast 5 with the Indirect 1 power feat and the Area: Explosion/General extra, 8th configuration is "Fire Wall" Blast 4 with the Indirect 2 and Slow Fade 1 power feats and the Area: Line/General and Duration: Sustained and Independent extras but the Action: Full flaw and the Full Power and Reduced Range 2 drawbacks, 9th configuration is "Telekinesis" Telekinesis 5 with the Subtle 1 power feat and the Damaging and Range: Perception extras but the Duration: Concentration flaw, 23pp)

Siren powers copied:
Atlantean Array (only Immunity to Drowning, 1pp)
Psychic Array (Mental Blast 8, AP: Illusion 8 affecting visual/auditory senses with Progression 4 for a 100-ft.-radius, AP: Emotion Control 8, AP: Telepathy 8, not dynamic, 35pp)
Atlantean Armor (Device 1, hard to lose, Protection 5, 4pp)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc/dm]
I figured between being aquatic and talking to fish, she probably knows a fair bit about the waters nearby, so I just took a liberty with 'finding' a drainage pipe. If it's a problem just say so, and I'll change it.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
No problem, I like the initiative.

Arkhandus, if you use some copied powers with visual 'trappings', like the golden sphere of the Sorceress for instance, you will have to manifest them, too, if you use them.

Will wait for at least one more player post before continuing.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Octavia unfurls her wings and rises a foot off the ground, offering, "Thy drain pipe, thou point the way and I shall scout."

She doesn't enjoy sewers either, but at least if there is room to maneuver she can fly above the filth.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +15 Will: +12 CMD: 27
Attack: Ring: +12 CMB: +2
Hero Points: 1 + 3 (for Inspire)
Health: Excellent specimen of female sexuality
Diplomacy: +7; Escape Artist: +20;
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases