"Necessary Evil" IC

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren stays near Brick and the device, reinforcing her dopplegangers weak and clumsy mental thrusts with her own more experienced assault.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Not a clue who's turn it is or what the init order is, but it seems we skipped Sirens, as Gemini's gone twice and I haven't taken my turn.
Action: Mental Blast against the same G'rok Gemini's attacking.
Auto-hit, needs a DC 25 will save.

Siren stats:
Defense 22, Toughness+8, Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+14
special Senses: Telepathy & Sonar
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, Brick

Ben, still under the impression from Helix that direct contact with these aliens will somehow be directly harmful, hold his position against oncoming assault.

Walking Dad

First Post
Three g'roks come quickly around a tunnel bend. One is stopped in it's advancement as he needs a moment to break through the clinging ice. The other two move just through it, but are greeted by Helis's glittering toxotes attacks and Gemini-Siren's mental blast. The beast is shielded by it's fury from the mental assault...

The g'roks attack both Helis, one successfully hits him with it's big claw...
Gemini keeps chanting, now invoking the Glacial Spike spell that he mimicked off of the Sorceress......he just hopes it'll freeze the G'rok that his duplicate failed to stop. Gemini's 'brother' focuses again and tries to unleash another Mental Blast on the same G'rok, then moves just in front of Gemini to shield him in case the creature gets past both of their attacks.
Gemini's duplicate says "Someone needs to intercept those things!"
Siren stays near Brick and the device, reinforcing her dopplegangers weak and clumsy mental thrusts with her own more experienced assault. This assault seem finally have an effect on the creature.
Ben, still under the impression from Helix that direct contact with these aliens will somehow be directly harmful, hold his position against oncoming assault.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
ignore first rolls, I forgot to change the number of roll :(
G'rok attacks vs Helis (DC 20) (1d20+6=22, 1d20+6=15)
Helis Toughness save (DC 29) (1d20+10=24)
Grab (DC 35) (1d20+20=23)
G'rok 1 toughness save save (DC 19) (1d20+13=19)
G'rok 1 fortitude save (DC 18) (1d20+13=33)
G'rok 1 will save (DC 23) (1d20+13=20)
G'rok 1 will save (DC 25) (1d20+13=17)

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick -
Gemini (Siren) -
Gemini (Sorceress) -
Sorceress -
Siren -
Helis - bruised 1, dazed

Grok 1 - bruised 2, dazed
Grok 2 - melee with Helis
Grok 3 - melee with Helis
[/SBLOCK]

Sorceress and Helis are up and Brick is delaying

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“That wasn't as effective than I had hoped, let's see how they react to fire...” the Sorceress says, as she begins to gesture and speak arcane words of power, that unleash a searing-hot bolt of fire against the closest of the g'roks.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Fire Bolt - Blast 14 (Toughness DC 29) with Attack +6[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, aka Brick

"I'm not good at standing still..." he says nervously as he watches Helis take several blows. The large man clenches his fist, but tries to stick to the guard job for now.

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, I just figured that it looked like the DM was moving on and had the G'roks advance closer, breaking free of Sorceress' entangling ice, so I figured I should post my next turn's action since nobody else had posted for a few days, and some hadn't posted for about a week. Still not sure when the next round starts, exactly.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
OOC: Let's see if we can figure it out... :)

Preparation Round

20 Helis - Ready Bow -> G'rok 1 (declared a miss)
20 G'roks - Get closer
13 Siren - Move back to the Device
13 Gemini 2 - Mental Blast -> G'rok 1
08 Gemini 1 - Frozen Armor
06 Sorceress - Blizzard -> G'rok 1, 2, 3 (G'rok 1 is entangled)
?? Brick - Delay (Guard Device)

Round 1

20 Helis - ?
20 G'rok 1 - Break free of Snare
20 G'rok 2 - Move, Attack -> Helis (Bruised & Dazed)
20 G'rok 3 - Move, Attack -> Helis
13 Siren - Mental Blast -> G'rok 1 (Bruised & Dazed)
13 Gemini 2 - Mental Blast -> G'rok 1 (Bruised)
08 Gemini 1 - Glacial Spike -> G'rok 1
06 Sorceress - Fire Bolt -> G'rok 3 {one of the closer ones} {not resolved yet; Attack was a 17 and Toughness Save DC is 29}
?? Brick - Delay (Guard Device)

I think that's it... so we are just about to get to round 2 (after the result of my attack has been determined).

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]One more thing...

The G'rok that is still inside the Blizzard will be affected again... Blast 10 linked with Snare 10 (which can only entangle). The cloud will stay there for 4 more rounds.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases