"Necessary Evil" IC

Walking Dad

First Post
GM: Almost, it is:

Preparation Round

20 Helis - Ready Bow -> G'rok 1 (declared a miss)
20 G'roks - Get closer
13 Siren - Move back to the Device
13 Gemini 2 - Mental Blast -> G'rok 1
08 Gemini 1 - Frozen Armor
06 Sorceress - Blizzard -> G'rok 1, 2, 3 (G'rok 1 is entangled)
?? Brick - Delay (Guard Device)

Round 1

20 Helis - ? -> this is the problem
20 G'rok 1 - Break free of Snare (standard), Move out of effect area
20 G'rok 2 - Move, Attack -> Helis (Bruised & Dazed)
20 G'rok 3 - Move, Attack -> Helis
13 Siren - Mental Blast -> G'rok 1 (Bruised & Dazed)
13 Gemini 2 - Mental Blast -> G'rok 1 (Bruised)
08 Gemini 1 - Glacial Spike -> G'rok 1
06 Sorceress - Fire Bolt -> G'rok 3 {one of the closer ones} {not resolved yet; Attack was a 17 and Toughness Save DC is 29}
?? Brick - Delay (Guard Device)

I'm actually waiting for another word from @Voda Vosa and @jkason

not sure while Brick isn't joining the fight (protecting the device was just my way to not have to NPC him).

If the others don't want to wait any longer, I will resolve the fire bolt now.
Staggered!

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
GM: not sure while Brick isn't joining the fight (protecting the device was just my way to not have to NPC him).

OOC: In character, Helis declared that we shouldn't close / touch the G'rok, but needed to attack them from range. Brick tried to get clarification on that, assuming that Helis had some kind of information on specific dangers of the G'rok. Meanwhile, VV seems to have dropped off the thread, so I sort of got myself stuck motivationally by that. Brick's main ranged attacks are area stuff that would likely catch everyone else in a tunnel, too, so there's that complication, too.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“One of them is almost down! Get them now, while we are at an advantage! Brick! Stop lingering around there, they won't steal that thing, we need you here!” the Sorceress calls out to her allies.

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare aka Brick

"To hell with that self-important... " Ben mutters as Sorceress calls for help. "I can't just sit on my hands."

The broad-shouldered powerhouse barrels forward, landing a haymaker on the G'rok that seems weakest.

OOC: Charge attack vs. G'rok (1d20+12=27)

Can you use All out attack and Power attack on the same attack? i.e. could I drop defense to pump attack, then trade-off the pumped attack to increase damage? Just a thought. Anyway, I believe the save DC on the unarmed attack is a 25 toughness save.

ETA, if Brick actually manages to drop his opponent, he also has the Takedown feat, so he can make a second attack if there's another opponent within 5'

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 1 (finish)

"To hell with that self-important... " Ben mutters as Sorceress calls for help. "I can't just sit on my hands."
The broad-shouldered powerhouse barrels forward, landing a haymaker on the G'rok that seems weakest. It hits and hurts, but the thing still stands!
"You look weak!" Helis proclaims before missing utterly...
The g'rok's fight back... Helis manages to avoid their claws, but Brick is hit...

[SBLOCK=OOC]
jkason, yes, you can use all-out attack together with power attack :)

G'rok 3 Toughness (DC 25/30) (1d20+12=21)
Helis attack (DC 17) (1d20+13=14)
G'rok attacks vs Helis (DC 20) (1d20+6=11, 1d20+6=12)
G'rok 3 attack vs Brick (DC 19) (1d20+6=20)
Brick Toughness save (DC 29) (1d20+11=18)
g'rock grapple (DC 31) (1d20+20=26)

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick - (bruised 1, staggered)
Gemini (Siren) -
Gemini (Sorceress) -
Sorceress -
Siren -
Helis - bruised 1

Grok 1 - bruised 2, dazed
Grok 2 - melee with Helis
Grok 3 - bruised 2, staggered
[/SBLOCK]

Heroes' turn :)

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

The Sorceress conjures another firebolt, sending it against the G'rok, she has successfully burned before, with another solid hit, the beast might be out of the fight, she figures, hoping for the best.

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 2 (beginning)

The Sorceress conjures another firebolt, sending it against the G'rok, she has successfully burned before, with another solid hit, the beast might be out of the fight, she figures, ... but it is a wide miss, only hitting a sewer wall.
Siren focuses her assault on Brick's opponent, staying back for now. Her attack has no obvious effect.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
G'rok will (DC 25) (1d20+13=26)

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick - (bruised 1, staggered)
Gemini (Siren) -
Gemini (Sorceress) -
Sorceress -
Siren -
Helis - bruised 1

Grok 1 - bruised 2, dazed
Grok 2 - melee with Helis
Grok 3 - bruised 2, staggered
[/SBLOCK]

Voda Vosa, jkason, Arkhandus, you are up :)

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Gemini grumbles for a moment at seeing his mimicked spells having no effect, so he tries a different, seeing the Sorceress manage to burn one herself. So he invokes a Fire Bolt of his own, which streaks off towards the G'rok near Brick.......but his aim is a bit off as he has to avoid shooting Brick's backside.

Meanwhile, the other Gemini keeps focusing his Mental Blasts on the same G'rok that he's been fixated on from the start, hammering away at its neural pathways..... He says "Rooks rike we're weakening them......that mind-attack of yours is rather handy, Siren," in his fake-Japanese accent.

[sblock=ooc]Gemini sends a Fire Bolt against G'rok #3 (DC 22 Toughness save if he somehow hits).

Gemini's duplicate Mental Blasts G'rok #1 again (DC 23 Will save).

The G'rok just needs another DC 23 Will save against Mental Blast, and a DC 19 Toughness save against Glacial Spike's Blast, and a DC 18 Fortitude save against Glacial Spike's Petrification.

Sorceress powers copied (Gemini):
"Energy Shield" Force Field 8 (flaw: Full Action, drawback: Power Loss without proper gestures and incantations to cast, 1pp),
Array 4 (power feat: Alternate Power 1, drawback: Power Loss as above, 1st configuration is "Teleport" Teleport 3 with Change Direction and Turnabout power feats plus the Accurate extra but also the Short-Range flaw, 2nd configuration is "Town Portal" Teleport 8 with Portal extra and Action: Standard flaw and Anchor/Single Place flaw and Long-Range flaw, 8pp),
Magic 8 (power feat: Alternate Power 8, drawback: Power Loss as above, 1st configuration is "Frozen Armor" Snare 4 with the Aura and Duration: Sustained and Independent and Total Fade extras but the Action: Full and Range: Touch flaws, 2nd configuration is "Glacial Spike" Blast 4 with the Range: Perception and Linked extras but the Action: Full flaw and it is linked to "Turn to Ice" Petrification 8 with the Range: Perception and Linked extras but the Action: Full and Duration: Instant/Lasting flaw, 3rd configuration is "Frozen Orb" Blast 5 with the Area: Cone/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full flaw and it is linked to "Freeze" Snare 5 with the Area: Cone/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full and Entangle flaws, 4th configuration is "Blizzard" Blast 5 with the Indirect 1 and Progression: Cloud Duration 1 power feats and the Area: Cloud/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full flaw and the Full Power and Reduced Range 1 drawbacks and it is linked to "Freeze" Snare 5 with the Indirect 1 and Progression: Cloud Duration 1 power feats and the Area: Cloud/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full and Entangle flaws and the Full Power and Reduced Range 1 drawbacks, 5th configuration is "Chain Lightning" Blast 5 with the Indirect 1 power feat and the Area: Burst/General extra, 6th configuration is "Fire Bolt" Blast 7 with the Accurate 2 power feat, 7th configuration is "Fire Ball" Blast 5 with the Indirect 1 power feat and the Area: Explosion/General extra, 8th configuration is "Fire Wall" Blast 4 with the Indirect 2 and Slow Fade 1 power feats and the Area: Line/General and Duration: Sustained and Independent extras but the Action: Full flaw and the Full Power and Reduced Range 2 drawbacks, 9th configuration is "Telekinesis" Telekinesis 5 with the Subtle 1 power feat and the Damaging and Range: Perception extras but the Duration: Concentration flaw, 23pp)

Siren powers copied (Gemini's Duplicate):
Atlantean Array (only Immunity to Drowning, 1pp)
Psychic Array (Mental Blast 8, AP: Illusion 8 affecting visual/auditory senses with Progression 4 for a 100-ft.-radius, AP: Emotion Control 8, AP: Telepathy 8, not dynamic, 35pp)
Atlantean Armor (Device 1, hard to lose, Protection 5, 4pp)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases