"Necessary Evil" IC

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, Brick

[sblock=OOC]
You could also use a HP to make a recovery check. Hint, most of the time it is more effective to spend them in combat to avoid staggered and their likes in the first place.
No problem with waiting... I will just check for something happening (like g'rok attacks) again :devil:
[/sblock]

Having Helis offer to carry his burden seems to wound Ben's pride. He stands taller, saying, "Actually, I'm feeling a lot better already. Body must be better at fixing itself than I thought. Let's go."

OOC: Sorry, I keep managing to space on Hero Points. Given Brick's enhanced constitution, it actually seems like using it to roll a recover after the fact (which can only fail on a 1 for him) has a better chance of succeeding, depending on the DC of the damage, though obviously the limitations of being staggered in combat make trying to prevent it preferable.
Recovery check (1d20+10=16)

If we say we wait two minutes, Brick and Helis should be able to make recovery checks vs their bruises now. Otherwise, Brick will be rid of his in 10 minutes, I believe.

Walking Dad

First Post
The Sorceress is able to detect a false wall. Behind it, the sewers open to a natural tunnel system -> the Caverns, the hideout of the Undergrounders. Not long after entering their turf, you are greeted by a small group of them. The clothes of them look like they wore them for quite some time, but their blasters seem very functional. Their bodies show various obvious mutations (purplr skin, scales, antenna, ...). Greeting you, they insist to bring you to their leader. It sounds more like an invitation than a command.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Greetings! We are very interested in talking to your leader. In fact, this is exactly why we came here. So lead the way, we will follow. And no worries, we come as friends,” the Sorceress says to them.

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, aka Brick

Ben falls back on his 'stoic muscle' role, letting the more charismatic Sorceress handle the interaction while he hides behind the task of carrying the device. He does try to catch Siren's eye, though, then does his best to 'think hard,' hoping she catches his thoughts.

[sblock="hard thinking"]Can you get a read on these critters? Are they just playing nice to lead us into an ambush?"[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helis smiles with murderous intent, watching at each of the mutants, and fixing the image in his head, to compare it to the future image of all of them horribly mutilated. He chuckles to himself, his eyes sparkling with golden energy.

Walking Dad

First Post
The Undergrounders nod in agreement and lead you through a winding labyrinth of cavern tunnels, old mining shafts and sewer systems. As you arrive at your destination, you are pretty sure you wouldn't have found it without them. The 'town' looks primitive, but the people seem healthy and you can also spot some kids strolling around. Their have to be some way to get more air into this, as it smells fresh and clean.

You find another surprise as you already know the leader of the 'settlement': it is the woman you saved from the jail: Valerie Ramirez. She is flanked by two men.

All-in-all, there seem to be around 50 undergrounders who are in the condition to fight, if necessary.

"Greetings! What brings you to this community?"
She asks friendly, but seems to avoid looking at Helis.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Greetings, Valerie! Good to see you again. I hope everything went well?” the Sorceress asks.

“So, what do we want? You obviously know who we represent, so we can skip over that part. What we are looking for, is the power source, Terron created some time ago. It is our understanding, that this community has knowledge about its whereabouts. We would like to share that knowledge and make use of it. And we are aware, that you won't just give it to us like that, so name your price.”

Walking Dad

First Post
"We don't need anything fancy down here:
bring us useful clothes, med base kits, water purifying tablets and maybe some sweets for the kids.
If you do this, I will show you the way. Is this acceptable?"
Valerie explains and asks.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“That does sound fair enough to me. We will see what we can get,” the Sorceress replies, looking at her allies to see if there are any objections.

“I will attune myself to a point outside of your realm to open a portal for our return, in order not to attract too much unwanted attention. We will then head to the same entrance we used this time from there.”

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases