"Necessary Evil" IC

Walking Dad

First Post
The little receiver on Sorceress' and Brick's manacles flash once, then the plastic explosive detonates and shatters the nullifier without harming them. Their powers return.

6 ...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia spends one precious second contemplating the ramifications of working for another controlling villain again, He might be dictating terms now, but that cannot last forever. Well, unless he is Immortal and I cannot escape or work myself into a better position. However, there are ways to deal with someone like him later.

She sends a thought to Destruction, "Thy quest is agreeable and shall be completed. Release me, if thou will."

Once freed and her powers return, her wings will materialize and slow her descent and she will grab an outstretched arm of the flailing Brick to help him.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +15 Will: +12 CMD: 27
Attack: Ring: +12 CMB: +2
Hero Points: 1 + 3 (for Inspire)
Health: Excellent specimen of female sexuality
Diplomacy: +7; Escape Artist: +20;
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

It's funny how the mind works. A moment ago, the Sorceress didn't know what to do to stop the fall, but only an eye-blink later, it was all clear to her. The feeling of power that tingled through her body as her powers returned was reassuring, maybe it had something to do with it.

The mental exertion strained her, but she was able to figure out how to use her teleporting spell, in order to counter the velocity she was gradually building up with every second of falling. Hopefully, it would work the way she had intended...

Looking around her, she wonders how the others would prevent themselves from crashing into the ground, and whether it would be possible to help them with her telekinesis spell.

OOC: Extra Effort: Add Change Velocity to the Teleport Power. Teleport to the ground.

If someone else is in need of help, use Telekinesis on them to slow their fall.

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Gemini hardly hesitates. He'll take any deal to survive, at least until he can squirm, connive, blackmail, bribe, sabotage, sneak, kill, or power-steal his way out of it. Dr. Destruction may be a difficult one to break ties with, but he doesn't really have a choice right now.

"Aye, mate, save Mindjack. Will do."

As soon as the nullification devices are removed or ruined, Gemini looks about at the others falling....... Not enough time to 'jack Dr. Destruction's own power-armor before he's tumbling through the air. But hey, that lady just sprouted wings...... That'll do nicely.

Spreading arms and legs out to stabilize his descent for a moment, he focuses his eyes and mind on the winged beauty....... Subconsciously analyzing wing structure, muscle configuration, physiological anomalies, cellular composition, atomic elements, brainwave patterns, multidimensional aura wavelengths......

And finally, a pair of feathery wings burst out through the back of his shirt, spreading out to catch the wind and arrest his descent into a gentler glide.......right after the first, jarring lurch of the sudden decceleration, and the brief pain of his sudden body-reconfiguration. He almost pukes, but fortunately he hasn't eaten much today and manages to hold it down.

Flying isn't particularly new to him, but he's had few opportunities to duplicate it before, and not so often from winged capes. Still, he gets the hang of it again soon enough to at least try diving to catch Helis the Destroyer. Whether or not he has the strength or speed to catch the fellow and descend safely, however, wasn't clear yet.

Guy looks like he might be useful in a fight, moreso if he's indebted to me for saving his life, Gemini thinks.

"Thanks for the wings, by the way," he remarks to the winged woman before diving.

At least he felt tougher now and could fly. And some power-ring-doohickey had materialized on his finger in the process. Odd. He needed more practice copying magic artifacts and high-tech gizmos. The material duplication process seemed almost perfect in his mind's eye, but he felt something 'off' about the aura emulation. Not important right now, anyway.

[sblock=ooc]Gemini mimics Octavia's powers for now, duplicating all of them except for the Aging Immunity, the Ring's Penetrating extra, and 3 ranks of the Ring's Accurate PF; since he only mimics 4 ranks of the Device power right now, his copy of the Mental Blast AP is only 4 ranks due to its high cost. He uses the wings to start flying and slow his fall, then tries to catch Helis before it's too late. If he can't support Helis' weight and remain flying, then he'll release Helis.[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Octavia is spiraling down with Brick's weight and then she sees a man suddenly sprout wings and then thanks her for them.

She replies, "Thy wings are mine? Very well. Use them wisely."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Walking Dad

First Post
The still not fully aware shape of Helis looses it manacles along with the others who agreed. Sorceress' efforts are enough to slow his fall that will land beside her silently on top of the main building, the roof is made of tin.
Octavia is also able to slow Brick's fall enough, so he will not make much noise landing.

Only the answer of Siren ( @Jemal ) is still missing.

3 ...

Attachments

• Prison Camp.JPG
    Prison Camp.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, aka Brick

"Thanks for the hand, Octy," Brick says as his winged former compatriot catches him. "I'm pretty sure I could survive the fall, but who wants to start a job all banged up, right?" Realizing his natural density probably makes flying much harder for Octavia, Brick does his best not to squirm as they make their descent.

OOC: I think Jemal's been off the boards for a few days. Don't remember seeing him post in the Mutant Apocalypse thread he's running, either.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

Slowly realizing they are in the middle of some kind of prison, the words of Doctor Destruction come to mind once more. Right, free that Mindjack guy, that's why we are here.

“Looks like we made it up to here. That person has a seriously bad sense of humor. And then, I think he wasn't trying to be funny at all. So, does anyone know who this Mindjack is? Or how we can find out, so we get the right person?”

“Oh right, and you can call me Sorceress,” she adds.

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Seeing Helis begin to slow down somehow, he figures the man's armor might have some antigravity device built-in or something, so Gemini adjusts his new wings to angle towards Siren. Might need all the help he could get once they reach the ground. So he tries to snatch Siren out of the air and glide down onto the roof of the main building alongside the others.

Once on the roof, he quietly remarks "Well, mates, guess we got osselves a job t' do before the Fins notice aynd try t' catch us agaiyn." in his possibly-fake Australian accent.

As he sets Siren down, he takes a look around and morphs his appearance to look virtually identical to the winged woman, whom the big guy called 'Octy'. Gemini grins at the winged woman and says in virtually her own voice "This ought confuse the Fins, yea?"

Still, he's wearing his own clothes, and his mimicry wasn't perfect this time. There were some minor differences in voice, facial structure, posture, and build. Nonetheless, he needed to improve the disguise, so he opens up his briefcase and takes out a few pieces of women's clothing, almost-instantly switching his outermost shirt, pants, and shoes out for something more feminine, and stuffing his concealed Kevlar vest into the suitcase as well. Didn't feel like he needed it now. Felt like his skin was bulletproof already thanks to the winged woman's powers.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Octavia doesn't say much of anything as she struggles to keep the dense man from pulling her arm out of her socket while she supports his weight.

Keeping their plummet into a controlled crash takes all her concentration, but she releases his hand. She says quietly with a slight frown at the nickname, "Thou art correct, o' dense one. Thy descent twould possibly not have ended on top of this roof, but rather farther below."

She has not fully grasped the funny quirks from Brick's home city and their lingo and the other funny man that is starting to copy her appearance is becoming very disconcerting.

The sound of her voice from the other man trying to imitate her is not recognizable in her ears, particularly since it lacks the dialect and accents. However, the fact that he is changing into women's clothes and his voice has gone female causes her to become quiet and her brow wrinkles in consternation.

Octavia only shakes her head "no" in response to knowledge of Mindjack and lays a hand on her chest as she says simply, "Octavia." The angel makes a motion to Brick that she will move around and look. Without a word she blinks into invisibility and scouts around.
[sblock=OOC]"Octy"?? Sounds funny :p Maybe "Tavy" rolls off the tongue easier.

Octavia would not recognize her own voice even if the mimicry is perfect. Whenever I listen to a recording of myself it doesn't match what I hear.

I hope Jemal is not subject to infrequent posting and this is just a special circumstance.

Take 10 on Stealth (30) and Notice (28)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases