"Necessary Evil" IC

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

"DO try not to destroy what we came here for...." the Helis-look-alike Gemini insists, looking about at the destruction Brick and Sorceress just unleashed. Then he launches another Toxotes attack at the remaining K'tharen, as the other Gemini rains down a Fire Bolt on that same K'tharen. Unfortunately, both strikes go wide as the two Geminis appear to be having trouble adapting to these new powers.

[sblock=ooc]Repeating last round's attacks, on the remaining K'tharen inside the warehouse......... And I'm beginning to seriously hate the ENW diceroller. It has a major hate-on for Gemini doing anything useful.

Sorceress powers copied (Gemini):
"Energy Shield" Force Field 8 (flaw: Full Action, drawback: Power Loss without proper gestures and incantations to cast, 1pp),
Array 4 (power feat: Alternate Power 1, drawback: Power Loss as above, 1st configuration is "Teleport" Teleport 3 with Change Direction and Turnabout power feats plus the Accurate extra but also the Short-Range flaw, 2nd configuration is "Town Portal" Teleport 8 with Portal extra and Action: Standard flaw and Anchor/Single Place flaw and Long-Range flaw, 8pp),
Magic 8 (power feat: Alternate Power 8, drawback: Power Loss as above, 1st configuration is "Frozen Armor" Snare 4 with the Aura and Duration: Sustained and Independent and Total Fade extras but the Action: Full and Range: Touch flaws, 2nd configuration is "Glacial Spike" Blast 4 with the Range: Perception and Linked extras but the Action: Full flaw and it is linked to "Turn to Ice" Petrification 8 with the Range: Perception and Linked extras but the Action: Full and Duration: Instant/Lasting flaw, 3rd configuration is "Frozen Orb" Blast 5 with the Area: Cone/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full flaw and it is linked to "Freeze" Snare 5 with the Area: Cone/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full and Entangle flaws, 4th configuration is "Blizzard" Blast 5 with the Indirect 1 and Progression: Cloud Duration 1 power feats and the Area: Cloud/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full flaw and the Full Power and Reduced Range 1 drawbacks and it is linked to "Freeze" Snare 5 with the Indirect 1 and Progression: Cloud Duration 1 power feats and the Area: Cloud/General and Linked extras but the Action: Full and Entangle flaws and the Full Power and Reduced Range 1 drawbacks, 5th configuration is "Chain Lightning" Blast 5 with the Indirect 1 power feat and the Area: Burst/General extra, 6th configuration is "Fire Bolt" Blast 7 with the Accurate 2 power feat, 7th configuration is "Fire Ball" Blast 5 with the Indirect 1 power feat and the Area: Explosion/General extra, 8th configuration is "Fire Wall" Blast 4 with the Indirect 2 and Slow Fade 1 power feats and the Area: Line/General and Duration: Sustained and Independent extras but the Action: Full flaw and the Full Power and Reduced Range 2 drawbacks, 9th configuration is "Telekinesis" Telekinesis 5 with the Subtle 1 power feat and the Damaging and Range: Perception extras but the Duration: Concentration flaw, 23pp)

Helis powers copied (Gemini's Duplicate):
Weapon Master Array (Hypastes - Strike 8 with Penetrating and Autofire 1 and PF: Split attack 2 and PF: Alternate Power 2, 28 pp; AP Phyla - Strike 8 with Penetrating and Secondary Effect and PF: Thrown and PF: Reach 1; AP Toxotes - Blast 8 with Autofire 1 and PF: Precise and PF: Improved Range 1)
Heracles Armor (Hard to lose, Device 3, 12 pp, Protection 3, Shield 4, Immunity 2 - critical hits, Enhanced Strength 4, and Super Strength 1 with PF: Shockwave).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 1

"Now thy taste the fury of the gods!" Helis claims, as he swings his sword at the shark like alien. His sword bounces off the scales of the creatures. "Demon! You'll not escape your destiny again! I'll have thy head in a pike!"
"DO try not to destroy what we came here for...." the Helis-look-alike Gemini insists, looking about at the destruction Brick and Sorceress just unleashed. Then he launches another Toxotes attack at the remaining K'tharen, as the other Gemini rains down a Fire Bolt on that same K'tharen. Unfortunately, both strikes go wide as the two Geminis appear to be having trouble adapting to these new powers.
The remaining K'tharen strikes with his cybernetic enhanced claws at Helis futilely.

[SBLOCK=OOC]

K'tharen claw attack (1d20+9=14)

---

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick -
Gemini (Helis) -
Gemini (Sorceress) -
Sorceress -
Helis - (used 1 HP)

K'tharen 1 - 1 bruised
K'tharen 2 - out
2 drones outside -
[/SBLOCK]

Players up, then aliens again!

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, aka Brick

Ben shrugs. "What can I say? I always was prone to breaking my toys as a kid."

Seeing the lone standing alien, Ben leaps across the room, trying to pin the creature to the floor as he did Helis a few days prior.

OOC: Darn, I hope that hits. Hate to waste a nat 20 on the grapple check.

Okay, hopefully I got the mechanics right:

Charge (+2) and All-Out Attack (+5) for an attack bonus of 17, Defense of 12 (eep!). DC 25 toughness save on a hit. Also on a hit, use Improved Grab to make an immediate grapple check, then use Chokehold to start choking out the final alien for a (hopefully) quick subduing.

All-Out Charge attack; Grapple Check (1d20+17=21, 1d20+20=40)

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

The Sorceress, still standing on the roof an looking down, waits for the reinforcements to arrive, which can't take long, as there were some drones spotted outside of the building.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Hold Action

When new opponents arrive, I will use the Chain Lightning (Selective Area Blast) on them, again (Reflex 20 - success: Toughness 20 / failure: Toughness 25).[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, aka Brick

Brick starts working over the pinned alien, but the movement catches his eye and his hold on the creature slips....

OOC: Grapple rules are still a bit fuzzy to me. Looks like the first grapple check allowed Brick to Pin, which activated his Chokehold feat. He can now damage the alien while maintaining the pin due to his Improved Grapple, right? alien defense at a -4 due to pin, round 2 of suffocation.

Ugh. Nat 20 first round, now a nat 1. :( Melee attack probably missed, too, but if it hit, DC 25 toughness save. Brick's Defense is back to normal this round.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Both Geminis wait to strike as soon as a new enemy comes into their lines of sight, or if Brick loses hold of his foe, in which case they'll blast that K'tharen instead.

[sblock=ooc]Fire Bolt and Toxotes blast on whichever foe first shows up or escapes the grapple. And after this round I'm gonna start using InvisibleCastle again instead, darnit.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Helis quickly dispatches the grappled shark-alien. The remaining two drones are no match for the sorceress' and her doppelganger's magic. They fall in a precise hail of fire and lightning.
Using teleportation portals, you quickly travel back to the sewers, Brick and Helis carrying the 'bribe' and Dr Destruction's tech.

"Very well. You did what we asked for and I will keep my promise. Chloe here will lead you to Terron's old place." Valerie happily agrees as the food and medcine is distributed.

Chloe turns out to be a young woman with a strange skin coloration. She leads you through a labyrinth sewers and caves to a narrow drainage hole leading upward.

"You will have to expand it a bit to fit though. This will be as far as I will go. I will wait nearby for your return."
Chloe explains.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases