"Necessary Evil" IC

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] Actions for Helis?

[MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] No, spending a hero point means that, if you roll 10 or below, you add 10 to the total. Your 3 becomes a 13 for a total of 24. Exactly 5 below the toughness DC, which means Brick is bruised (1) and has only a move or standard action this round, not both (see new dazed rule in my blog here).

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, aka Brick

OOC: [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] No, spending a hero point means that, if you roll 10 or below, you add 10 to the total. Your 3 becomes a 13 for a total of 24. Exactly 5 below the toughness DC, which means Brick is bruised (1) and has only a move or standard action this round, not both (see new dazed rule in my blog here).

OOC: WD, would it be possible to throw a link to your M&M houserules at the top of the rogue's gallery? I keep forgetting where the link is when you refer to it, and had to dig around before remembering it was in the OOC. Since the RG is a shorter thread, thought it might be easier to find there?

Brick manages to almost shrug off what was clearly a devastating blow. Realizing how difficult it will be to defeat this machine, he tries to hold it in place to help his friends damage it. He lashes out, his fingers digging into the metal of the robot's neck.

OOC: Standard action: All-Out Attack + grapple check from Improved Grab. Since All-out attack modifies the melee bonus for the round, I assumed that would also apply to the CMB? If not, he probably didn't manage a grab. DC 25 toughness check on the melee attack:

Melee Attack; Grapple Check (All-Out Attack, Improved Grab) (1d20+15=29, 1d20+25=26)

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: WD, would it be possible to throw a link to your M&M houserules at the top of the rogue's gallery? I keep forgetting where the link is when you refer to it, and had to dig around before remembering it was in the OOC. Since the RG is a shorter thread, thought it might be easier to find there?

GM: Registered User

GM:

Click on the number after blog entries. Most recent rules changes are there.

I will have to do a bigger post but have currently no home internet access, so you all will have to wait until Monday. Sorry.

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 2

Gemini blinks and gawks as the colossal machine doesn't even seem fazed by the entire group's barrage of fists, flames, and projectiles, even the ones that were exceptionally well-aimed. "Ohhhh-kaaaayyyy........ I....don't think we can......defeat this......mechanical monstrocity.....unless.....one of you.......has been hiding a super-robot-hacking device or......electro-magnetic pulse power of phenomenal magnitude......" he mutters in a faux-William Shatner voice.
With that, Gemini runs back through the Sorceress' Portal followed by his Helis-lookalike 'brother'.
The Sorceress looks back to her portal, where Gemini just fled through, then back to the powerful robot and to Brick, who is still staggering from the mighty blow he received.
Maybe he is right... but I won't give up, that quickly...
Then she takes a moment to focus and think about an approach that might better help them than the straightforward attacks they have been trying so far.
"Rrrarrggh!" Helis bellows as he jumps and swings his sword at the metallic attacker, still unable to pierce it's tough outer shell.
Brick manages to almost shrug off what was clearly a devastating blow. Realizing how difficult it will be to defeat this machine, he tries to hold it in place to help his friends damage it. He lashes out, his fingers digging into the metal of the robot's neck. Finally piercing it's armor, he isn't able to get a good hold.

The robot seems to ignore the fleeing Gemini's as he swings his scythe at Brick again while firing a dark red eye-beam at Helis.
The ancient warrior manages to dodge the attack, but Brick if thrown through the room, hits a wall hard and falls to the floor. Amazingly, he still seems ready to fight!

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Arkhandus, do you really want to quit this game???

Sorry for your bad luck so far...
The robot is PL12, just 2 levels above you. I didn't meant it to be SUCH a challenge.

I also realized I forgot to give each of you a HP. I usually do this before fights with enemies with higher PLs.

Consider yourself having 1 more HPs

---

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick - (used 2 HP) - 1 bruised
Gemini (Helis) -
Gemini (Sorceress) -
Sorceress -
Helis - (used 1 HP) - 1 bruised

TG 4 - 1 bruised
[/SBLOCK]

Players up!

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

The Sorceress cannot really concentrate well, and cannot think of anything useful to bring the formidable opponent down, so she just flings another Firebolt at it, hoping for the best.

Maybe I should think in another direction, and help us protect against its attacks...

jkason

First Post
OOC: So, does Brick have another HP to spend? If so, I'll do that. roll pending. If he doesn't have the HP, just disregard and Brick will sit and bleed quietly in the corner. ;)

ETA: Nat 20. Does that mean he's still only bruised 1, or does he still take a bruise?

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Natural 20 means no damage from this attack. You still have the old bruised 1 and all your actions for this round remaining.

at all: don't forget Combined Attack (p 155) and other attack options.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Alright Brick, it has come time to combine our attacks, and take down this colossi, as Heracles did in times of ancient when he defeated the mighty Iron giant of Hephaestus! Attack his legs at my command!" Helis runs ahead, and focuses his attacks on the Robot's Torso, to make an opening for Brick. "Now! Attack swiftly!"

OOC: Making a combined assault. Edit: Crap...

jkason

First Post
Ben O'Hare, aka Brick

Brick stands up from the rubble, brushing it off with a wicked smile.

"You're not the only tough one around here, tin can," he says. At Helis' urging, he tries to combine his attack in an effort to overwhelm the robot.

[sblock=ooc]Was the 'thrown into the wall' stuff just for fluff, or did Brick actually suffer knockback? If he did, might as well throw a charge bonus on there if it missed. Below roll *doesn't* have a charge bonus, 'cause I wasn't sure it applied.

All-Out/Power combined attack (DC 30) (1d20+10=28)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads