"Necessary Evil" IC

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Rolling some saves below.

Sorry... I usually don't roll so good.

Hint: Defense is 'only' 18, so power attacking is the right tactic.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 3

The Sorceress cannot really concentrate well, and cannot think of anything useful to bring the formidable opponent down, so she just flings another Firebolt at it, hoping for the best, but outright missing the metallic titan.
Maybe I should think in another direction, and help us protect against its attacks...
"Alright Brick, it has come time to combine our attacks, and take down this colossi, as Heracles did in times of ancient when he defeated the mighty Iron giant of Hephaestus! Attack his legs at my command!" Helis runs ahead, and focuses his attacks on the Robot's Torso, to make an opening for Brick. "Now! Attack swiftly!"
Brick stands up from the rubble, brushing it off with a wicked smile.
"You're not the only tough one around here, tin can," he says. At Helis' urging, he tries to combine his attack in an effort to overwhelm the robot.

But the robot is still active, firing his eye beam at Brick and scything at the ancient warrior, ignoring the female wizard... and Siren who just entered the room!

[SBLOCK=OOC]
@Arkhandus , do you really want to quit this game???

eye beam vs Brick (DC 14) (1d20+10=12)
scythe attack vs Helis (DC 20) (1d20+10=25)
Helis' Toughness save (DC 29) (1d20+9=12)

---

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick - (used 2 HP) - 1 bruised
Siren -
Sorceress -
Helis - (used 1 HP) - 1 bruised, unconscious

TG 4 - 1 bruised
[/SBLOCK]

Players up!

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren says nothing as she steps through the portal, sizing up the situation and reacting by throwing a bolt of kinetic force at the metal monstrosity as it assaults her companions.

[sblock=ooc]
Allright, Aggressive stance, use my TK Blast. First one is a 13, so on the assumption that misses, I'll reroll with a HP, hitting a 26.
Mr Roboto makes a Toughness save DC 27, and a trip check (Using the LOWER of his strength or Dex) vs my 24.

Current Defense: 18, Toughness +8.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

The Sorceress continues her line of thought, while throwing another Firebolt into the direction of the robot defender.

...or maybe I could somehow lower its defenses to make it easier for us to actually hit that thing...

jkason

First Post
"Nice of you to make it," Brick says, and despite the jibe of it, it's clear he's quite relieved by Siren's appearance.

OOC: Holding off to make sure Helis is up and able for combining attacks, then just planning to repeat last round.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Again Brick, let's bring this monster clad in metal down, once and for all!" cries out Helis, failing to notice Siren before he recklessly attacks again.

OOC: Ganging up on the thing again (ie combined attack)

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 4

Siren says nothing as she steps through the portal, sizing up the situation and reacting by throwing a bolt of kinetic force at the metal monstrosity as it assaults her companions. Her mighty blast hits a weak juncture of one of its legs, ripping through it's interior and sending it down!
The Sorceress continues her line of thought, while throwing another Firebolt into the direction of the robot defender, but she failed to adjust her aim for it falling down, missing the robot.
...or maybe I could somehow lower its defenses to make it easier for us to actually hit that thing...

But everything is fine, as the combined attack of Brick and Helis rip the thing apart.

[SBLOCK=OOC]

Robot Toughness vs TK Blast (DC 27) (1d20+15=16)
10+8(defense)+0(Dex)+1(large) (not counting Str (10) = 19 he fally down.
Prone gives a -4 penalty to ranged attacks for a total of 14 for the attack of the sorceress. Sorry.
Robot Toughness vs Helis Crit (DC 30) (1d20+14=21)
Brick attack roll (DC 14) (1d20+10=25) (increase abve DC by 2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3209947/
(and I forgot the autofire... yes, it is down :) )

---

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick - (used 2 HP) - 1 bruised
Siren - (used 1 HP) -
Sorceress - (used 1 HP) -
Helis - (used 2 HP) - 1 bruised

TG 4 - destroyed
[/SBLOCK]

Combat over!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases