"Necessary Evil" IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Just as the assembled supers rejoice, the security system speaker comes to life again.

"Laboratories integrity has been compromised. Self-destruct in 15 minutes."

Time to get quickly what you came for...

Jemal

Adventurer
"It would appear I arrived just in time for us to leave. Whatever you've come for I suggest we get it and make our escape quickly."

Siren looks around, opening her mind to scan for any other consciousnesses in the area
[sblock=ooc]
Switching powerset to Illusion/Telepathy
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ben sighs in relief as they finally bring down the robot, but groans as the security system makes its announcement. He hefts their benefactor's gadget back up.

"Anyone know how long this thing takes to work? Or even where it hooks up?"

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Doesn't it do that itself!?” the Sorceress says, slightly shocked.

“Normally you just have to place the Quest Items somewhere and that's it... at least that is how I know it.”

Walking Dad

First Post
The Sorceress' words give you the right idea:

The machine weighs over 600 pounds, and looks like some kind of generator encased in a rusty iron frame. A thick but very short power coupling rests on a hook on one side, ready to be plugged in somewhere — presumably to Terron’s power terminal as it does not fit any standard connections.
After you know what to look for, Brick and Helis can easily plug it in. A power bar appears, filling slowly, turning from red to yellow...

Only 4 minutes left!

Siren isn't able to pick up other consciousnesses (besides the other Omegas), but her power has sometimes problems with artificial ones.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Do we have enough time?" Asks Helis, rather desperately. The device is not full, but if the base blows off, it will probably get destroyed as well.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Well, I cannot tell you how long it will take, but we do have my portal still to get out of here. It won't get us far away, but it will bring us back to the tunnels quickly and then we should hurry to put some distance between us and this place.”

“Does anyone know, whether he said anything about bringing this thing here back?” the Sorceress asks pointing at the bulky device they brought here. “I hope you guys can run fast while carrying it, once it is done. There might not be a whole lot of time we have before it all goes KABOOM.”

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Why don't you open a new portal to a farther location? It will be safer. It is my understanding that we must transport this artefact back" suggest the greek titan.

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare aka Brick

Edit: ARGH. I didn't realize we'd bumped a page. Will update this in a minute...

Edit 2:

"This thing doesn't slow me down," Ben says at the Sorceress' question. "But if you have time to teleport further away and attune a new portal, might be worth doing that while we give this to the last minute..."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases