"Necessary Evil" IC

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“I will make sure we have an escape route in the meantime,” the Sorceress says, before casting a spell, that creates a golden orb floating above her.

Another spell is cast, and she vanishes, reappearing about three-hundred feet away before vanishing again. She looks for a place a few miles away, from where they would have it easy to slip away. After spending a minute to familiarize and attune herself to that place, she returns to her now-allies.

OOC: Activate the Energy Shield (Force Field) and then Teleport outside of the prison, using multiple teleports to get some distance between herself and the facility. Find a suitable place. Attune herself to that place to be able to use her alternate Teleport power to get there.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Whoa, take a couple days off and sh*t hits the fans! Catchin up.[/sblock]

Siren doesn't quite manage to get the foot bindings off in time, and when her nullifiers are reactivated, she glares at the minions "I just about had myself free you stupid little..." Her eyes narrow dangerously as the doctor speaks, and she is soon flung out into the sky.
"Typical human response. Use intimidation and threats where they aren't needed. Obviously not as smart as I'd heard, or you would realize that.." Siren stopped as she saw the ground only seconds away
*sigh* "Fine, you have a deal."

As her nullifiers blow open, she quickly channels psychic power into her armour, activating the anti-gravitic qualities of the metal, which should do just fine at stopping her descent. Though it is temporary and straining, its better than becoming a fine paste on the ground, and she settles easily to her feet beside the others.

Not a clue who he is, but I'll bet if Doctor Friendly up there wants him he's not liable to be the nicest human, and I'd hazard from the name he has something to do with mental powers, probably mind control. Siren sighs and looks ar the assembled crew "Well we had better press on, at least get out of the open before we make some sort of a plan or something."

[sblock=Actions]
Extra Effort to power stunt an AP: Levitation so she can land[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Gemini loses his/her smirk and replies, without bothering to try the funny old-timey accent the winged woman had, "Gemini. Might've heard o' me if ya ever done any capers 'round the Americas, Europe, Japan, Australia, the Mediterranean, or the Middle-East. I get around. Don't usually travel alone, though. And if ya don't like me borrowin' yer face, miss Octavia, don't worry, it's only temporary. But........while we're at it......"

He/she concentrates for a few moments and soon, another 'him' (or is it 'her' now?) materializes directly in front of Gemini. This new one turns around, looks at the big man, and then suddenly bulks up to more resemble Brick's burlyness. Then morphs into a perfectly-identical copy of Brick's face and form. The clone rapidly changes clothes with his own briefcase, so he now wears something at least vaguely similar to Brick's outfit.

"Hey, yo.... Ya can call me Gemini Two or Gee-2 or whatevah. The more the merrier, eh? Let's git this party started! Gots us a Mindjack t' rescue 'n not a lotta time t' do it. So, we goin' in the front door, or bustin' in through the roof 'ere?"
the clone says in an approximation of a Jersey accent. It's not clear if his tone is mocking or just jovial.

[sblock=ooc]Creating a Duplicate, who then Morphs into Brick's appearance and Mimics his powers. More specifically, mimicking 8 ranks of Enhanced Strength (8pp), 8 ranks of Enhanced Constitution (8pp), Leaping 3 (3pp), Protection 1 with Impervious 10 (11pp), Super-Strength 2 (4pp), and 6 ranks of Penetrating on Strength (6pp).

Side-note, didn't you say in your houserules that you were gonna reduce the cost of Super-Strength since you took out its grapple bonus? And make Leaping a flaw on the Flight power or something? I noticed that Brick spent 8 points on his Super-Strength 4.

Edit: Had to fix the number of ranks copied, the Mimic rank-limit somehow slipped my mind earlier and I kept forgetting to fix this post.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Mindjack knowledge:
A tall and lean male telekinetic / telepath with sandy blond hair and hazel eyes.

Thanks, Ondina. She hears the telepathic answer.

The compound has a tall (12') outer chain-link fence and one gate with a well-lit guardhouse and a prison barracks. The gate to the motor pool is open and some drones are swarming around... have they seen you? ...

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini, the one who now looks almost the same as Octavia, activates the invisibility power he copied off of her. He/she says "Better hurry, we might get spotted."

His clone harrumphs. Apparently the big guy he copied can't turn invisible. So he just crouches down so as not to stick out so much.

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren closes her eyes for a moment, and the air around them shimmers "There, so long as I can concentrate and we all stick together, I should be able to keep them from seeing us until we can get somewhere safe. Those of you with real invisibility, feel free to scout around."

[sblock=ooc/Actions]
Switch to Illusion power and create an illusion around us that the area is empty and no sound is coming from it.
Also, WD, was that "Thanks Udine" from Doc to Siren? If so, it's actually "Ondina". Also, would she expect that he would know her Real name (It's not really public knowledge, but he is big league), or would that (And the fact that he took the effort to thank her) seem to hint at something deeper going on?
Or am I just reading too much into things? :p
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare aka Brick

[sblock=OOC]"Octy"?? Sounds funny :p Maybe "Tavy" rolls off the tongue easier.

OOC: heh. The intent was to pick a nickname that would rankle Octavia, so I guess that worked. ;) In general, I figure she's not much for familiarity shortening her name. But Tavy works just a well for that. :)

"Hey, yo.... Ya can call me Gemini Two or Gee-2 or whatevah. The more the merrier, eh? Let's git this party started! Gots us a Mindjack t' rescue 'n not a lotta time t' do it. So, we goin' in the front door, or bustin' in through the roof 'ere?" the clone says in an approximation of a Jersey accent. It's not clear if his tone is mocking or just jovial.

Ben gapes a moment at the second red-headed muscled man now in the group, then whispers to no one in particular, "I don't really talk like that, do I?"

Siren closes her eyes for a moment, and the air around them shimmers "There, so long as I can concentrate and we all stick together, I should be able to keep them from seeing us until we can get somewhere safe. Those of you with real invisibility, feel free to scout around."

"Perfect," Ben says, glancing around once the illusion takes place. "Now we just need to wait for the double Tavy's and Sorceress to report back."

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Need some more specific scouting actions from the invisible heroes before I can post more.

[sblock=ooc/Actions]
Also, WD, was that "Thanks Udine" from Doc to Siren? If so, it's actually "Ondina". Also, would she expect that he would know her Real name (It's not really public knowledge, but he is big league), or would that (And the fact that he took the effort to thank her) seem to hint at something deeper going on?
Or am I just reading too much into things? :p
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jemal]
The contact to Destruction felt more 'natural' than artificial. There was also something familiar in the way he pronounced her name.
BTW, I corrected above. He used the right one.
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Ben gapes a moment at the second red-headed muscled man now in the group, then whispers to no one in particular, "I don't really talk like that, do I?"

"Perfect," Ben says, glancing around once the illusion takes place. "Now we just need to wait for the double Tavy's and Sorceress to report back."
Gemini's clone snickers, and replies quietly but snarkily "How'm I s'posed t'know, eh? I ain't nevah heard ya yappin' 'fore a few seconds ago." Followed a moment later by, "Who the heck're YOU, anywayz? Ya know any o' these chicks?"

Meanwhile, the other Gemini, winged and invisible, flaps his/her new wings a few times to get airborne, then glides down to look through any windows of the main building, the cell-block. He/she looks for any windows they might be able to slip in through, figuring that he/she or that Octavia woman might be to cut through the window with energy beams without shattering the window, and hopefully not setting off any alarms. He/she would like to find a suitable window in the back of the building or on the side opposite the drone barracks.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

When she comes back, she wonders at first where everyone is, but soon learns, that they are just obfuscated somehow.

“If we need to escape quickly, I can now create a portal for a short while, which will bring us a few miles away from here,” the Sorceress explains.

OOC: Since there were no objections, I assume, that the teleporting out and back in posed no problems.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases