"Necessary Evil" IC

Jemal

Adventurer
"There are different forms of Strength, Helis. One form is possessing the Intelligence to know when to hide from a superior foe, to bide your time until a strike is possible, or to supply those who can with resources or information that helps them - US - in our fight." Siren motions to him to come back to the city, as there's no use continuing to search.

As they head back to the city for the night, she turns to him again "Have you ever been in a real army? Was every member of that army a top-class soldier, with no cooks or support staff, no intelligence officers, no tactics, just 'charge and kill'. I learned a few things about war from my people, and not underestimating the value of your noncombatants is one of them."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Truth is in thou words, daughter of Poseidon. However, thou misjudge me. I formed part of no army, and I have no people to stand for. I'm Helis, which in this pathetic language humans call English translate into Destruction. I'm the very essence of Destruction incarnate; I'm an aspect of Lord Ares, God of War. In times past, he would let loose me in battlefields and I broke havoc on both sides. Or would send me to one nation to annihilate their people, only to blame a rival nation for the attack, and instil war among them. I am a tool, mermaid, not a soldier; thou must learn to use me as such. It seems that I have to collaborate with thou until I can break Doom's neck with my bare hands. He stands for Order, something that antagonizes me. My God tolerates it because he is waging war, but this servitude, I will stand no much longer, and so shouldn't thou!" He turns, pointing the sword at Siren. He grins at the surprises, given that anything could be expected from the murderous Helis, but he opens his hand, the sword banishing in shreds of golden energy.
"But, I will take heed of thy advice on such matters Siren, given that the current paradigm of my existence forces me to cooperate with others. For now." Helis nods to the merfolk, the most respectful thing he has made so far.

Jemal

Adventurer
"I'd think someone who considers himself a force of destruction would get along better with Doctor Destruction. As for Servitude, I serve my people and proudly. All you seem to serve is chaos, though it can be useful at times I will admit." Siren walks close to helis, tracing a finger along the blade until he makes it vanish "And while you're accepting advice.." She stops an inch from him, seemingly unconcerned with the fact that he is so much stronger than her "don't call me mermaid." She grins and winks, then twirls and starts walking away.

[sblock=ooc] Also, as WD has pointed out several times, this is Doctor Destruction, not doom.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare aka Brick

Ben watches the exchange nervously, but relaxes as it seems the latest tension between Siren and Helis has ended considerably better than their first row.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Well, I don't know about you, but I am going to find some rest,” the Sorceress says to change the subject back to something more productive. “Obviously, we are going to meet up again tomorrow, so, should we determine a suitable spot now, or should we just wait for Doctor Dee to contact us and then meet at whatever place he has in mind?”

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Everyone fine with a fast forward to the meeting with DoC D? It will also introduce Cybermind, [MENTION=11437]Insight[/MENTION] 's character.

Walking Dad

First Post
Another day, another warehouse, it seems. Conviently for Siren, this one is near the waterfront. Doctor Destruction is here, flanked by his seemingly ever present guards. The surprise is another human looking figure. The new Omegan, you guess.
The Doc starts his briefing as soon as the last of you has arrived:

"You are lucky I found a possible replacement for Terron's power source.
You all knew the human-looking alien Champion, formerly one of the Earth's strongest defenders. What you may not know, is that he had left the planet several times no one the wiser. He used his alien technology to build robotic doubles, not quite in his power-league, but still formidable.
He stopped using them some years before the invasion, because the programming had become unreliable. The increased information floating through the air messed up their systems.
He destroyed most of them, but some were given to special organizations for safekeeping.
I know the location of one of the robots, now at a place called Hydrobase 11. It is now in control of the V'sori, but we need the energy core of this robot.

Another team of five was already sent via mini-sub to investigate the base, located over a mile beneath the waves of the Pacific Ocean.
The communications from the base ceased shortly after the team arrived, the commandos, consisting of four humans and one Atlantean, haven’t been heard from either.
The only sign of life is an intermittent distress beacon from the kill-team’s minisub.
The mission is twofold: find out what happened to the other team and bring back the robot's energy core.

This is cybermind. He will introduce himself later.

Oh, and Siren, I have something that proved useful for our other Atlantean Omegans.

Any further questions?"

OOC: The Champion was this settings Superman equivalent. High PL Paragon with Heat/Laser vision etc.

Remove ads