"Necessary Evil" IC

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare aka Brick

Gemini's clone snickers, and replies quietly but snarkily "How'm I s'posed t'know, eh? I ain't nevah heard ya yappin' 'fore a few seconds ago." Followed a moment later by, "Who the heck're YOU, anywayz? Ya know any o' these chicks?"

Ben's speechless a moment in the wake of the clone's brash machismo, then he composes himself. "Name's Ben, or the neighborhood folk call me Brick. Octavia's only person here I know. We worked together on ..." his expression is momentarily confused as he tries to remember details and can't, "... something.

When she comes back, she wonders at first where everyone is, but soon learns, that they are just obfuscated somehow.

“If we need to escape quickly, I can now create a portal for a short while, which will bring us a few miles away from here,” the Sorceress explains.

"Perfect. Last thing we want to worry about is the escape route.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Indeed. It's good to be prepared. If things get rough, and we need to retreat, come to me, and I will get us out.”

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Octavia circles around the main building to check windows and doors, looking for decent ingress routes and potential defenses.

OOC: Not sure we need to recon the other buildings unless someone things we should knock out the drones before trying the Prison Break.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +15 Will: +12 CMD: 27
Attack: Ring: +12 CMB: +2
Hero Points: 1 + 3 (for Inspire)
Health: Excellent specimen of female sexuality
Diplomacy: +7; Escape Artist: +20;
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Walking Dad

First Post
The Octavias fly around the compound. Sadly all doors and windows are currently shut. You would have to open/break them to enter.

As the Gemini-Octavia tries to carefully beam open one of the windows on the buildings north side (left corner of the map) she becomes visible again...
OOC:
I will rule that the use of any 'attack' power will stop passive invisibility from working.
I need a Search check for Gemini to avoid causing an alarm (he needs to know were he should exactly blast the window).

The teleportation worked without a problem.

BTW, drones are cyborgs, not androids. The V'sori like to use the bodies of their enemies for something useful...

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini-Octavia

Gemini-Octavia's glad he/she chose the side where the non-invisible members of the group could sneak in, since he/she becomes visible again as soon as he/she starts to slice a hole in the window with his/her borrowed energy-beam ring.

He/she will attempt to re-establish the invisibility once finished with the beam-carving, then tries to carefully remove the carved-out piece of window (he/she makes certain that a few finger-slots of sorts are carved into the left and right sides as he/she completes the process).

If the alarm goes off, however, he/she'll just kick in the window and then re-establish the invisibility, mentally signalling Gemini-Brick to lead the others to the break-in spot.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia, The Fallen Angel PL10

Octavia notices her doppleganger becoming visible and she moves over to the spot just above the window and looks down to observe the progress.

She remarks in a whisper, "Thou are visible now. Thy actions prevent the ability from working. Dost thou see anyone inside?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +13 Def: +10 (2 ff) Tough: +10 (6 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +15 Will: +12 CMD: 27
Attack: Ring: +12 CMB: +2
Hero Points: 1 + 3 (for Inspire)
Health: Excellent specimen of female sexuality
Diplomacy: +7; Escape Artist: +20;
Notice: +18; Sense Motive: +14 Stealth: +20; [/sblock]___________________________________________
NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

"Nay. Help the others descend quietly here, wilst thou?" Gemini-Octavia replies quietly in his/her rough imitation of the real Octavia's voice.
[sblock=ooc]Does he see anyone inside? :) [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Two 20s in a row? You are rolling very good.
(No alarm goes of). You can either try a stealth check to get in or a stealth check to hold the carved out piece in a way that the drones will not recognize your tempering if they coincidently look at it while you wait for the others.

Gemini sees four drones patrolling inside. The prisoner cells are pitiless concrete cubes with iron bars that look more like a kennel than a modern prison. Normal humans cannot break out of these simple cells - particularly in the short time they’re usually housed here.
Superhumans are nullified and so are even less likely to break out than the humans. There are currently 22 prisoners in the cells.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Gemini

Gemini-Octavia mentally warns Gemini-Brick of the drones, while holding the windowpane in place until the others are ready to slip in. He/she waits there invisibly until the others are close enough, then he'll back up a bit and set the windowpane down. He/she'll wait for Brick or someone else to hop inside before zapping any drones or heading inside himself/herself.

Gemini-Brick whispers to the others "Go-time! Other Gemini's cut out a window fer us t' get in. Four drones in the hall, so take 'em out fast once ya get in." He creeps over to the northern side to hop down, but waits for the others to go in first. He knows he was only able to partially copy the real Brick's superhuman strength and toughness.

[sblock=ooc]Uncanny! Dicebot must be apologizing for giving me so many 3s and such in the WotBS pbp recently.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

Casting another spell, the Sorceress creates a shield of ice around herself, then she nods to the others. “Ready to go as well, once the first one enters through the window...”

OOC: Use Frozen Armor. When the first one goes in, teleport into the room beyond the window as well, immediately use the Chain Lightning Power on the drones, and teleport again (Turnabout Feat for Teleport) to an appropriate place with cover still inside the same room (once she can see how it looks there, when she is inside).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases