"Necessary Evil" IC

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Grrraaa..!!" Helis deafed a paincry. "Thou'll pay for such an offence foul creature!" With fury, Helis shoots a barrage of golden arrows at the monstrosity.

Helis will spend a HP to reroll that attack. Bouuuyyaaaa! Critical hit, DC went up to 30+what he gets for autofire.

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Okay, it looks like at some point ENWorld did away with blogs or with linking blog posts on the icon profile? In any case, I'm once again unable to find your houserules for M&M, and thus unable to ascertain how to properly have Brick try to use his grappling / pinning feats to try to pin the robot. I remember you're using a version of CMB, but I don't recall all the numbers that factor in, nor how the specific feats might modify that.

here is the link to Brick's sheet. I'm fine with you rolling if it keeps things moving. If you can provide a link to the relevant post, I'll just amend it to my character sheet for future reference.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the inconvenience.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

The Sorceress was always partial to the simple strategies... fight fire with fire.

A moment later, her arcane spell creates a bolt of fire, that races towards the robot.

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Okay, it looks like at some point ENWorld did away with blogs or with linking blog posts on the icon profile? In any case, I'm once again unable to find your houserules for M&M, and thus unable to ascertain how to properly have Brick try to use his grappling / pinning feats to try to pin the robot. I remember you're using a version of CMB, but I don't recall all the numbers that factor in, nor how the specific feats might modify that.

here is the link to Brick's sheet. I'm fine with you rolling if it keeps things moving. If you can provide a link to the relevant post, I'll just amend it to my character sheet for future reference.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the inconvenience.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
Blogs were temporary disabled to speed up the site. I found a webchache copy of my blog and added it to the first post in the RG:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5498459-post1.html
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare aka Brick

[sblock=ooc]
Blogs were temporary disabled to speed up the site. I found a webchache copy of my blog and added it to the first post in the RG:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5498459-post1.html

Cool. Thank you much! :)[/sblock]

Hoping to make damaging the robot and / or quickly extracting its core easier, Brick rushes it, smashing his fist into it, then snags the mechanical arms and pulls them behind the creature's back.

"Now, just play nice and we'll be out of your hair ... er, circuits ... in no time."

[sblock=ooc]Improved Grab means he can attack and make a grapple attempt in the same attack action. Since CMB uses melee attack bonus, I assumed I could apply All Out Attack to it as part of the round? If not, the grapple attempt is only 25. Toughness save vs. penetrating melee attack = DC 25[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Quick update, Siren and Cybermind still to go.

Firebolt missed.

Brick hits and grab is succesful!

The robot is grabbed and staggered!

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren rushes over to assist Brick, reforming her Psyknife. "Good job, just hold it still..."

[sblock=combat]
Psyknife Attack +8 -2 power attack +2 flanking, vs 1/2 Defense (Opponent is vulnerable from grab).
First is a 10, so hp reroll gets me a 21.
Toughness DC 29, Penetrating.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Cybermind concentrates, reaching out with his left hand, attempting to take mental control of the robot.

OOC: Switching Machine Control array to Mind Control 10.

Effect check Mind Control vs Will.

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 2

"Grrraaa..!!" Helis deafed a paincry. "Thou'll pay for such an offence foul creature!" With fury, Helis shoots a barrage of golden arrows at the monstrosity, some penetrating its hull.
The Sorceress was always partial to the simple strategies... fight fire with fire.
A moment later, her arcane spell creates a bolt of fire, that races towards the robot, but only hits a (interior) wall of the base.
Hoping to make damaging the robot and / or quickly extracting its core easier, Brick rushes it, smashing his fist into it, then snags the mechanical arms and pulls them behind the creature's back.
"Now, just play nice and we'll be out of your hair ... er, circuits ... in no time."
Siren rushes over to assist Brick, reforming her Psyknife. "Good job, just hold it still..." She plunges the blade deep inside, but it seems its critical systems withstood the attack.
Cybermind concentrates, reaching out with his left hand, attempting to take mental control of the robot, which results in the machines shut down. Maybe some kind of fail save to prevent the misuse of the robot.

[SBLOCK=OOC]

This was much quicker than I expected after the fight with the guardian robot...
Hope you are not to disappointed. It will become more challenging later :devil:

---

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick -
Siren -
Sorceress -
Helis - bruised 1
Cybermind - got 1 extra HP -

Champion Robot - bruised 5, staggered (overwrites dazed), out
[/SBLOCK]

Combat over.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases