"Necessary Evil" IC - Page 59

+ Log in or register to post
Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
    Round 1

"Charge?" Helis looks at the other muscle bound member of the group. "CHARGE! Raaahahaha!!!" he repeates, charging forward with his energy lance, and a pleasure grin in his face. The phyla pierces its hide, but the effect isn't as great as Helis expected.
    "That is ... disturbing," Ben says, though whether he's talking about the mutated creature or Helis' bloodlust is unclear.
    "Okay, let's see if I can find a spot on that thing to grab without spikes," he says, barreling forward as well. He delivers a powerful roundhouse, trying to get the creature off balance so that he can immobilize it. But the creature is to strong to grapple and its hard but rubbery hide absorbs the blow.
    Siren grabs her head in pain and steps back "Yes, Charge. Smash. Kill."
    The Atlantean shakes her head, severing her mental connection and closing herself off from the beast "I won't be getting inside this things head anytime soon, so more physical means will be required." She flexes her arm and a greenish-blue blade of energy extends from her fist as she flips up and over the thing, distracting it as the big hitters close in.
    You do not belong here! the Sorceress says, while collecting the necessary energy to form into a spell. A bolt of fire shoots from her outstretched arms towards the horrible creature but only hits a wall.

The creature itself growls and delivers a devastating swing with it's clawed appendage at Helis, leaving itself wide open to counter attacks.

your turn.
    Signature

Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

PS: English is NOT my native language!

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Guide (Lvl 11)

Ignore Thanee

Sorceress

The Sorceress casts her attack spell again, aiming for the brutish creature, hopefully with better success this time.

OOC: Guess not...

In our world, immortality is not for the living. The legend lives on!
    In Memoriam Dave Arneson ( April 7th, 2009) & Gary Gygax ( March 4th, 2008).

Wondering what the Dungeon Tiles are like? Take a look here.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Voda Vosa
    Helis is thrown back, but his inner resolve take him to his feet again. (Using a HP for Ultimate save, getting a 30 on the save, so only bruised 1)
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore jkason

Ben O'hare, aka Brick

Seeing the creature barely phased by their assault, Ben decides he needs to put more power behind his blows. Unfortunately, the resultant swing is off by a wide margin, and he only manages to connect with air.

Now in place, Siren jams her psychic blade into the monster's back, searching for its spinal column.

OOC: Remember that Assuming the creature is large sized, both Helis and Brick should be gaining Flanking bonuses from Siren.
    Also, B/C of Siren't successful feint last turn, the creature should be vulnerable to her, lowering its active defenses by half.. meaning that 16 probably hits, yay!.
    If it hits, it's a DC 27 Toughness save: Penetrating and vampiric (Though the vampiric doesn't matter since Siren's not injured yet)
    Last edited by Jemal; Thursday, 23rd February, 2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

OOC: @Voda Vosa You still have your complete actions for this round, as Helis was only bruised, thanks to feat and HP expenditure.
    Signature

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Voda Vosa
    Heli's hand conjures a different weapon, a blade curved in the front; wicked looking sword. "Greet Thanathos when thou get to the underworld beast!" shouted Helis as he charged forward again. His sword sinks up to the handle in the creature's breast.

DC is actually 30 now, since it's a critical hit.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

Round 2

The phyla still sticking in the creature's wound vanishes...
    The Sorceress casts her attack spell again, aiming for the brutish creature, hopefully with better success this time. But the hope is in vain.
    Seeing the creature barely phased by their assault, Ben decides he needs to put more power behind his blows. Unfortunately, the resultant swing is off by a wide margin, and he only manages to connect with air.
    Now in place, Siren jams her psychic blade into the monster's back, searching for its spinal column, but the protean shape seems to be resistant to this attack.
    Helis is thrown back, but his inner resolve take him to his feet again. His hand conjures a different weapon, a blade curved in the front; wicked looking sword. "Greet Thanathos when thou get to the underworld beast!" shouted Helis as he charged forward again. His sword sinks up to the handle in the creature's breast.

The creature screams in rage, but it's counter attack is rather inimpressive and misses Helis by several inches, leaving a big gash in the wall that starts to seep water...

OOC

creature regained 1 bruised level
    Helis regains spent HP (I re-rolled one of the creature's toughness saves)

PF Toughness vs Phyla (DC 23) (1d20+15=21)
    PF Toughness vs Psychic Blade (DC 27) (1d20+15=28)
    PF Toughness vs Makhaira (DC 30) (1d20+15=18)
    PF Toughness vs Makhaira (re-roll) (DC 30) (1d20+15=27)
    PF Claw Attack (PA/AA 5) vs Helis (DC 20) (1d20+12=15)

Helis got really lucky...

---

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick -
    Siren -
    Sorceress -
    Helis -

Proto-Fin - bruised 2

your turn.
    Signature

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Voda Vosa
    @Walking Dad Protofin should roll Fortitude saves vs the Makhaira attack, check the roll description.

OOC: Thanks, but Fortitude save is +14, so this isn't changing the results (hits a 26 for getting bruised instead of a 27).
    Signature

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast