"Necessary Evil" IC

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

Ok, last try, then I will try something else... the Sorceress thinks, as she - once more - conjures a fiery bolt to hurl at the creature.

Jemal

Adventurer
"We can fix it when we're done fighting. Just work on not letting it cause any more damage, if this place floods I can't save all of you."

The wild blow does give her an idea though, and Siren looks around quickly.

OOC:
Is there any kind of electrical outlet or anything else that might be hazardous to hit? I'd like to try a trick manuever to get the thing to attack me while in front of it and zap itself. If so I'll post my action with bluff check, If not I'll post an attack.
Well I'll post the rolls now and see what happens.
So, if she sees something useful, Siren maneuvers and attempts to trick the beast to attack her so she can dodge.
Trick check: 28
Otherwise, she stabs it with her knife again,
Attack roll 29, DC 27 Toughness (Penetrating)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 3

Ok, last try, then I will try something else... the Sorceress thinks, as she - once more - conjures a fiery bolt to hurl at the creature and misses.
"Does anyone have a way to seal that?" Ben calls out. His nervousness at the slow flooding makes yet another swing go wide.
Both attacks help to widen the gaps in the hull, a thin sheet of water now covering the rooms floor...
"We can fix it when we're done fighting. Just work on not letting it cause any more damage, if this place floods I can't save all of you."
The wild blow does give her an idea though, and Siren looks around quickly and positions her just right and subtley feints weakness...
"Begone creature! Die!" Helis bellows but his blow is nearly inaccurate and it brushes without effect over the things "skin".

The creature attacks Siren blindly, unaware of the junction box her. Siren is ready to step aside, as the big riplidly flaying claws comes near and slams her against the wall hard, dropping her to the ground. She manages barely to hold onto consciousness, shaking her head as she struggles back to her feet.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
PF Fortitude vs Helis (DC 25) (1d20+14=26)
PF claw (all-out 5, PA 3) vs Siren Defense (DC 22) (1d20+14=32)
beats defense by 10
Siren toughness vs Claw (DC 30) (1d20+8=10)
missed by 20 = Unconscious

---

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)
Jemal used 1 HP to re-roll the Toughness check

Brick -
Siren - (-1HP) bruised 1, dazed
Sorceress -
Helis -

Proto-Fin - bruised 2 (1 incurable)
[/SBLOCK]

your turn.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Siren does not expect the speed with which the beast turns on her, and slams against the wall hard, dropping to the ground. She manages barely to hold onto consciousness, shaking her head as she struggles back to her feet. "Fine, no funny business then." She Jams her knife into the beast, attempting to draw its mental energies to heal the gash it left on her.
OOC: derp.
Reroll nets me a 21.
Attack hits 19. Toughness DC 27.
Vampiric Recovery Check: 26. If he fails the toughness save vs her knife, Siren gets to recover from her Bruise (If he fails by 5, she recovers from Daze.)
Siren: Defense 22, HP: 0, Toughness: +8 (-1 Bruise=7), Dazed(?)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Jemal, you still have an action. Don't forget my house-rule to avoid stun-lock:

---

Replacing 'Stunned' with 'Dazed' in the 'Toughness Saving Throw Table'.

Dazed is now defined as below:

Dazed: A dazed character is limited to free actions and a single standard action per turn, although the character may use that action to perform a move, as usual. Stunned supersedes dazed.

---

There is still a "stun", but only from specific effects, not from taking damage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases