"Necessary Evil" IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 5

The Sorceress uses her Glacial Spike spell again, hurling another icy missile at the beast, but to no noticeable effect.
Siren bides her time now that the beasts attention is back on brick, waiting to strike in unison with her companion.
"If we strike together perhaps we can bring it down!" She telepathically attempts to co-ordinate with the others.
Ben staggers a bit from the blow, but as Siren calls for a coordinated assault, he pulls himself together, adding his haymaker to the attacks of the others. He seems to have finally found a good angle through the creature's natural armoring.
"We shall prevail!" Exclaims Helis as he hacks at the creature along his comrades, after summoning his golden gladius.
All are more than shocked when their combined effort is barely able to slow down the creature.

The creatures retaliation had a much bigger effect on Brick...

[SBLOCK=OOC]

PF Toughness vs Glacial Spike (DC 25) (1d20+13=26)
PF Fortitude vs Glacial Spike (DC 20) (1d20+14=32)
PF Toughness vs Combined Attack (DC 30) (1d20+13=31)
edit: dc was 34 for two more attacks. another bruised level.
PF claw (all-out 5, PA 4) vs Brick Defense (DC 15) (1d20+13=33)
Brick Toughness vs PF claw (DC 41) (1d20+11=25)

---

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick - bruised 1, unconscious
Siren - (-1HP) bruised 1
Sorceress -
Helis -

Proto-Fin - bruised 4 (1 incurable)
[/SBLOCK]

your turn. Brick may spend a HP to re-roll... but the crit was devastating.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

Once more, the Sorceress casts the Glacial Spike spell. Another icy missile flies towards the creature, hoping to bring it down.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Using "Glacial Spike"; two linked effects:
- Blast 10 (Perception range) -> DC 25 Toughness
- Petrification 10 (Duration instant (lasting)) -> DC 20 Fortitude[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, even with a nat 20, he's still 10 below the save, so I'm not sure it's worth spending the point. I think Brick's out of the rest of this fight, then.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"Again!" Siren spurs Helis on, seeing Brick reeling from the blow. "We must put the beast down."
OOC:
Siren's trying for another combined attack. If Helis decides to try his own this time, then Siren'll just smack it.
Psyblade: Toughness DC 27 (Vampiric, Penetrating)
Jkason - I'd do it, personally.. with a +11, you need to roll a 16+ to stay conscious. With the HP +10 below 10 rule, that's a 50% chance of remaining conscious.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helis joins the attack with a slashing manoeuvring of his sword.

OOC: Joining the combined attack. Hypastes is resisted by toughness, Makahira is resisted by fortitude.

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 6 (end of combat)

Everything happens so fast... first the Sorceress cold attack freezes the creature solid as the other combine their mighty attacks into one final blow...
The thing shatters into fistsized chunks, but some hitting the already damaged wall and causes it to crumble under the outside water pressure...

you have to get back to your ship fast!

[SBLOCK=OOC]

PF Fortitude vs Glacial Spike (DC 20) (1d20+14=19)
PF Toughness vs Combined Attack (DC 36) (1d20+13=27)

I'm going to end the fight here, ruling that it took enough time, but providing a new challenge for you all :devil:

---

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick - (-1HP) bruised 2
Siren - (-1HP) bruised 1
Sorceress -
Helis -

Proto-Fin - done
[/SBLOCK]

you may act now out of turns...

on second thought, this is maybe a good opportunity to make a break to allow you to re-imagine your characters to M&M 3e with PL 10 / 154 PP.
See you in the OOC thread (please post your characters there. I will make a new 3e RG later.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases