"Necessary Evil" IC

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Looks like our exploration ends here...” the Sorceress says, as the underwater structure is on the brink of collapsing.

She stands still for a moment, collecting her thoughts and concentrating hard. Then she begins to gesture and speak arcane words of power, creating one of her magic portals, that would get them all back into the safety of their ship.

“Hmm... interesting... it actually works! It seems I can create these now without first attuning myself to the destination.”

Walking Dad

First Post
The first thing you all notice after getting through the portal is the missing Cybermind, but everything else seems fine for now, despite moving through damaged labs with mutagens and unstable reactors...

OOC: I will give you some time to roleplay with each other as you move back to Dr Destruction. Include a quick ooc note when you are ready for the next chapter/briefing.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Good, thou magic is really useful." Helis said as a manner of congratulation. He looks back, for counting the group members. "The machines man is missing, he must be dead now, crushed by the might sea. A shame." although there is no mourn or sadness in his voice, there's a solemnity never seen before.

Walking Dad

First Post
After you return, you get some sarcastic comment from Dr. Destruction for "loosing" another team member. But he is delighted that you acquired the remaining parts for his newest construction.

---

Some days later, you are summoned again to an anonymous warehouse. The doc isn't coming in person this time but talks to you with a holographic communicator:

"My dear Omegans,
as you probably know, US President Wilson went underground after the invasion, living like a fugitive with his family. Until now. They were betrayed and are know in alien custody. We cannot allow those aliens another demonstration of their superiority by executing the whole family in public.
My great spynetwork allowed me to obtain their current location, a heavily guarded former state police barracks along the main highway on the outskirts of the city. In just a few hours, however, the V’sori Warlord who captured them will finish preening for his masters and take them directly to a Man O’ War battleship parked in low-earth orbit. Once there, the family will endure final questioning before their execution is broadcast around the world. It may be nearly impossible to rescue the family once they’ve left the temporary holding site.
Get them before they leave the barracks and bring them here alive.Epically his daughter Jana is needed. Expect heavy security, but time is of essence!
Question?"

OOC: [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] Brick is still not in the new RG:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/322990-necessary-evil-m-m-d-d-3rd-edition-rg.html

Jemal

Adventurer
"Yes, such a moral victory would be crushing to many surfacers.. and I suppose having the president in our debt will be beneficial once this invasion has been repelled."

Siren steps forward "Will this warlord be there? Perhaps if we manage to kill or capture him, we can reverse the morale blow and do some damage instead of just damage control." She looks over at Helis "What is that war saying.. the best defense is a good offense? Seems to be your motto."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases