"Necessary Evil" IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Attacking the barracks
Round 3

Inside:
Ben moves off far enough to be out of earshot, then returns to normal form for access to his commlink. "I've found the family," he whispers, and relays the position as best he can for Sorceress to make use of her portal.

Outside:
"I can keep them busy out here while you portal in there with Helis and Ben and get them out." Siren tells the Sorceress.
The Sorceress nods and immediately begins with the casting of her portal spell. As the spell is finished, the portal opens up next to her, creating a gateway that leads inside the building to the location that Brick has described. The Sorceress waits next to the portal for now, holding it open for her allies to move through first. “Quick! They will know that we are coming to them now. Get them before they can fully prepare themselves.”
Helis releases another barrages of arrows before sprinting into the portal.
The two remaining K'tharen troopers are still fooled by Siren's illusion, but are still active enough to avoid Helis' attack.

Inside:
Helis comes through the portal directly into the room Brick was watching. His shape becomes blurred in the automatic blaster fire of the elite warriors.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
K'tharen elite blaster multi-attack (PA 5, AO 5) vs Helis (DC 16) (1d20+11=29, 1d20+11=14, 1d20+11=25, 1d20+11=21)
Helis Toughness saves vs K'tharen elite (DC 34,31,31) (1d20+12=13, 1d20+12=21, 1d20+12=22)

Base blaster damage 9 +5 (PA) + 2/5 (Multiattack)
this is added to the base damage difficulty of 15.

Helis spends 1 HP for UT. Failing the first two hits reduced his toughness rolls, by 2, so the third roll misses by 3 degrees, staggering him.

---

(Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

Brick -
Siren -
Sorceress -
Helis - bruised 3, staggered.

K'tharen Troopers - 2/6 (Hindered)
Drones (inside) - 6/6
Elite K'tharen - 4/4
V'sori Warlord -

[/SBLOCK]

PCs turn!

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I'll use ultimate effort Toughness on that DC 34, for a 32 save, taking 1 bruised from it. The other saves I didn't fail by more than 10, so that's a dazed condition, right? I still have a standard action to take?

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Keep them busy! We'll be back soon, hopefully,” the Sorceress says, as she steps through her portal as well.

The shimmering blue energy disc then disappears, as she concentrates on a different spell.

A moment later, lightning erupts in the middle of the room, engulfing everyone there, but only the enemies are harmed by it.

OOC: Move through the Portal
Free to change to Chain Lightning
Cast Chain Lightning (Damage 10 Burst Area, Affects Insubstantial 2, Selective)

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare

Seeing Helis' predicament through the vents, Ben reaches for his steel belt buckle. As he touches it, a metallic sheen spreads up his arm to cover his entire body as the ducts begin to creak and moan with the increased weight.

"No need to hide anymore," he says, crashing out and into the room.

"Come on boys," the metal man calls out to the still-standing enemies. "Time to play."

[sblock=ooc]Standard action to switch to Metal form, move action to enter the room. I'm assuming he doesn't need to make a STR check to break a normal vent in his super-strong form.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
With the rest of the team inside, Siren concentrates on her images, remaining behind cover while she keeps the guards busy. Her full concentration is on the illusion, so it seems as though the attacking 'heroes' are actually beginning to damage the structure and surroundings with their attacks, though they haven't been able to directly hit a guard.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"RRRARRRGGHH!!" Helis shouts out and charges forward, as usual, aiming to take down the warlord.

OOC: So it's charge then, reduce the attack roll by 2. Also, activating shield retort after the attack. Regeneration 10 should heal something too.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
You don't want to charge unless its the only way to get off an attack.
In 3e it actually gives you a -2 attack penalty for some weird reason.

Standard action, move up to your speed rank in a straight line then make an attack at -2

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: He has to charge, if he wants to attack the warlord in melee. He currently has only free and one standard action.
Reducing the accuracy for charge makes sense. It allows you to move and attack. You pay the 2 point inaccuracy for the extra movement.
The classic charge bonus (reduce defense for accuracy) is handled by the All-Out maneuver.
Will update later today :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases