"Necessary Evil" IC - Page 69





  1. #681
    Attacking the barracks
    Round 4

    Outside:
    With the rest of the team inside, Siren concentrates on her images, remaining behind cover while she keeps the guards busy. Her full concentration is on the illusion, so it seems as though the attacking 'heroes' are actually beginning to damage the structure and surroundings with their attacks, though they haven't been able to directly hit a guard.

    Inside:
    Keep them busy! We'll be back soon, hopefully, the Sorceress says, as she steps through her portal as well. The shimmering blue energy disc then disappears, as she concentrates on a different spell. A moment later, lightning erupts in the middle of the room, engulfing everyone there, but only the enemies are harmed by it. The shock is to much for 3 of the shark-like aliens.
    Seeing Helis' predicament through the vents, Ben reaches for his steel belt buckle. As he touches it, a metallic sheen spreads up his arm to cover his entire body as the ducts begin to creak and moan with the increased weight. "No need to hide anymore," he says, crashing out and into the room. "Come on boys," the metal man calls out to the still-standing enemies. "Time to play."
    "RRRARRRGGHH!!" Helis shouts out and charges forward, as usual, aiming to take down the warlord, but the powered armor withstands his attack.
    Almost casually, the remaining K'tharen lifts his blaster, the hit almost knocking out Helis.
    The warlord looks at the Omegans disdainful, then at the family. You feel more his mental blast than you see it, but the effect is obvious as the family cries in pain and each starts bleeding from his or her orifices.
    "Cease the attack in- and outside, or they will die here and now!"

    OOC

    Helis heals one bruised level.
    Warlord toughness vs Helis (DC 27) (1d20+12=27)
    K'tharen elite blaster multi-attack (PA 5, AO 5) vs Helis (DC 13) (1d20+11=14)
    Helis Toughness vs blaster (DC 29) (1d20+10=19)
    First family will (president, jana, julia, mary) vs vs mind blast (DC 26) (1d20+4=15, 1d20+3=20, 1d20+2=18, 1d20+1=19)

    ---

    (Status in brackets is before spending HPs for re-rolls, etc)

    Brick -
    Siren -
    Sorceress -
    Helis - bruised 4, staggered.

    K'tharen Troopers - 2/6 (Hindered)
    Drones (inside) - 6/6
    Elite K'tharen -
    V'sori Warlord - bruised 1



    PCs turn!
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

 

  • #682
    "Damnit.. "
    Siren causes all the illusionary heroes to stop attacking and fall back, lest they provoke the warlord before the REAL team is ready.
    <Helis, Brick, get between him and the family. Sorceress, grab them and get out!>

    OOC:
    I made the post assuming their commlinks are still open so Siren can hear what's going on. With her Accurate hearing from the sonar, she should be able to get a rough 'mental picture' of where people are standing in the room from the sounds they're making over the comms, and use that to initiate her plan.
    Assuming that's all fine, Siren moves all the heroes out of sight, then dissipates them (So the 'guards' don't realize they were illusions). Then She switches to Telepathy to contact the team mentally in case the comms are being monitored.
    Remember: Italics = mental communication.

    Also added another stealth check since there's no more distracting fighting going on and Siren's the only one around on the outside now. A nice plump 31 should keep her out of sight for now
    Last edited by Jemal; Sunday, 1st July, 2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: changed telepathic communication
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

    Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

  • #683
    OOC: This is all fine, just remember that the free communicators you got are not as acute as her hearing, so she cannot fully pinpoint locations through them. Also lets make a new standard by using italics plus <telepathic speech> for telepathic communication (replacin "" with <>).
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #684
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Thanee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    25,168
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Thanee
    OOC: Question: How are the family members held there? Are they bound or otherwise restrained?

    In our world, immortality is not for the living. The legend lives on!
    In Memoriam Dave Arneson ( April 7th, 2009) & Gary Gygax ( March 4th, 2008).


    Wondering what the Dungeon Tiles are like? Take a look here.

  • #685
    OOC: Exotic looking metal restraints on wrists and ankles. They are all bound the same way. BTW, the president seemed to be hurt hardest by the attack. Julia is the wife, Jana the daughter and Mary the granddaughter (below 6).
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #686
    <If you guys're gonna do something, I suggest now before reinforcements arrive!>

    OOC: bump?
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

    Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

  • #687
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Thanee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    25,168
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Thanee
    OOC: Sorry, my bad. Sorceress will try the Teleport route... will post tomorrow.

    In our world, immortality is not for the living. The legend lives on!
    In Memoriam Dave Arneson ( April 7th, 2009) & Gary Gygax ( March 4th, 2008).


    Wondering what the Dungeon Tiles are like? Take a look here.

  • #688
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Thanee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    25,168
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Thanee

    Sorceress

    The Sorceress moves towards the side of the room, where the family is held, mentally going through the formula of her teleport spell. If she would put enough effort in it, she should be able to take them with her, even though the range will be shorter then.

    “Lets get you out of here!”

    Arriving at her destination, the Sorceress immediately begins with the casting of her spell, drops of sweat forming on her forehead, marks of the extra effort.


    OOC: Moving to the family and using a Heroic Stunt to teleport (Rank 9 (= 2 miles), Accurate, Extra Mass 5) them away from here, full distance straight into the city.

    Sorceress is fatigued now.

    Sorry for the delay, busy week.

    In our world, immortality is not for the living. The legend lives on!
    In Memoriam Dave Arneson ( April 7th, 2009) & Gary Gygax ( March 4th, 2008).


    Wondering what the Dungeon Tiles are like? Take a look here.

  • #689
    GM: I figured that you need to know if the Sorceress is successful with her attempt. She is and your enemies just lost their hostages. Congratulations
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #690
    Siren grins wickedly as she senses Sorceress and the family disappear from the building.
    <Party time. Helis, Brick... smash.>
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

    Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. PS3: "Final Fantasy XIII", "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" or "Dragon Age: Origins"?
      By Goodsport in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Thursday, 5th August, 2010, 11:24 AM
    2. When you're an "evil" person, what non-evil term do you use to describe yourself?
      By Driddle in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 101
      Last Post: Wednesday, 15th August, 2007, 07:54 AM
    3. "A touch of Evil" Series Book Two: "Hobgoblins" now on sale!
      By Urizen in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Monday, 31st October, 2005, 04:16 PM
    4. "A touch of Evil" Series Book One: "Orcs" now on sale!
      By Urizen in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Tuesday, 23rd August, 2005, 01:38 AM
    5. "A touch of Evil" Series Book One: "Orcs" now on sale!
      By Urizen in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd August, 2005, 10:22 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •