[REDACTED]

Dandu

First Post
Let's think about Might Makes Right for a moment. Can you think of any way to get an insanely high strength score? I can. War Hulk.

Also, Cancer Mage, but that's cheating.

Last edited:

Dandu

First Post
Er... could you edit it so that build never showed up? I was trying to paste a different build, which I will edit into the above post momentarily.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Are you going to mention choice of followers at all? Because "warlock followers" is a pretty good way to get at least some combat use out of them (and it is easy to keep the paperwork down to a minimum too).

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I had hijacked a thread on RPG.net about Optimizing leadership- Followers. I listed out in one post ways to make the most out of followers, and 4 posts on specific level 1 follower builds I was using.

(Disclaimer: the following is likely to fall under the category of "shenanigans". See non-shenanigan ideas below)

Granted, the following assumes a RIDICULOUS degree of micromanaging the selection of NPC, DM controlled individuals. Not likely to ever see any gameplay, but still a great mental exercise.

1. Human Necropolis template Cloistered Cleric with Undeath Doman for Extra Turning, Extra Turning feat for extra turning, and Sacred Boost feat to maximize Cure spells cast that round so the players could cast the higher level Cure spells in the boosted areas he created. He also had +13 in all knowledge checks which made him a decent walking library.

2. Human Mineral Warrior template with burrow speed thru stone and skillpoints into craft (trapmaking). Falling spiked pit traps, underground tunnels, burrowed night camp spots for a spin on the "your party is camping in the woods tonight" scenarios.

3. Warforged Amphibious template shapeshift-variant Druid. Animal night-watchman and underwater retrieval expert.

4. Synad Psion telepath with 12 pp at first level, specializing in the Mindlink power to network communication between up to 5 characters twice per day for 10 minutes at a time.

(Some non-shenanigan ideas... Maybe. At least less-shenanigany)
Other things like having:
-each follower know common and one other language to serve as an interpreter for you
-have a Changeling follower to do light, covert infiltration
-have a wizard or Sorcerer follower with a common-speaking raven familiar to scout and send messages
-creative uses for Gold Dragon Blood Elixir (ah Gold Dragon Blood Elixir, how I love you and your many uses!)
-Warlock followers that not only Eldritch Blast, but through least invocations can also see invisibility, have Darkvision, battlefield control with Darkness and Miasmic Cloud and Breath of Night, Shatter ability to break doors and things, Comprehend Languages for written material, Speak with Animals, have Scent, get +6 bonus on Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), and Knowledge (the planes), or gain underwater breathing and a swim speed.

Last edited:

Remove ads