[story hour] 17th lvl party and the dragon's lament!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I just finished recounting my group's high-level battle against a dragon that most adventurers might want to avoid. Here's a teaser below; if you're curious what happens or want to steal ideas, click here to see what happens next! No need to read the rest of the thread in order to figure out what's happening in the fight, but I thought folks might find this kind of fun. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stone wall to the left smashes outwards, hit by something big behind it. The flexible wall holds, and more Defenders spin with weapons out. Then the horrible sound of snapping stone echoes through the chamber, and the ceiling above their heads shatters and collapses like an avalanche on top of the heroes.

It’s stopped dead by the flexible wall. Visible through the rubble that seemingly hangs in mid-air are four tremendous claws. The dragon was hiding above the ceiling, expecting to bury them in a ceiling collapse before attacking. A horrible roar echoes through the room, and fear spills forth along with choking dust.

Priggle looks up at the blocked stone and the force wall. “Nice work,” he comments. Then the dragon snakes a long, flexible neck around the edge of the flexible wall, coughs horribly, and vomits flesh-corrosive acid over most of the group.

Thurmiap dissolves immediately, flesh bubbling, but the Defenders are completely untouched; preventative spells have shielded them entirely from acid. Oathenor doesn’t much seem to care. A huge smile crosses his rocky, reptilian face, he seems to wink one gem-like eye… and in an instant, his massive stony bulk is transformed entirely into living metal.

Mara recognizes the spell. “Iron body!” she shouts, and as soon as Nolin hastes her she activates her own iron body necklace and flies towards the dragon. Only Oathenor’s head is really close enough to hit, the remainder of his long body is still above her head and protected by Velendo’s wall. “You’re mine,” mutters Mara as she lifts Lightbinder and soars in. As she does so, the dragon uses its reach to attack her first. Its head snaps forward….

It uses its blade-like teeth to forcibly rip the +5 mace from her gauntleted hand….

And it swallows Mara’s weapon.

Silence fills the room. Mara hovers there, shocked. “You swallowed my weapon!” she says in disbelief. She uses her momentum to shield bash the dragon, ineffectually.

Again, Oathenor smiles, this time grinning with teeth like iron swords. It’s clearly having fun. ”WHO’S NEXT?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
:

Attachments

• pimpcat.jpg
    pimpcat.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 186

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper