[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

covaithe

Explorer
The east room at the top of the tower contains a small chest bound with heavy bands of iron and secured with a sturdy brass padlock. Finnean smirks, and within moments the lock falls open. The chest proves to contain the deceased warlord's treasury, a satisyingly heavy pile of gold and silver coins, with a scattering of semiprecious stones and the odd platinum piece.

[sblock=XP and treasure]

Encounter 1 in the tower: 1153 for monsters, plus 200 for sneaking up cleverly on a fortified position.

Encounter 2: 1189 for monsters

Quest xp: 500

add it all up and double it: 6084, or 1217 each. There are 5 of you, right?

Time xp was last awarded 10/10/2011 (and Ironheart joined shortly after), which is about 5 1/2 months. I'm too lazy to do math, so I'm going to round up to 6 months. As far as I can tell you're all level 3 level 4, so that's 1500xp and 1524gp 1752 xp and 2100 gp each.

Additional treasure award after the last encounter: 1000g each.

Totals: 2969 xp and 3100 gp each. Enjoy!

[/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
OOC: Technically, I think we're Level 4? I'm not too sure about the rules for time xp, but Jesse is 188 short of exp to hit Level 5. Since I will be retiring him I was hoping that there was...I dunno something we might have missed out :D

EDIT: Confirmed fail on my Bluff check, we had 2762 XP before XP award.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Technically, I think we're Level 4? I'm not too sure about the rules for time xp, but Jesse is 188 short of exp to hit Level 5. Since I will be retiring him I was hoping that there was...I dunno something we might have missed out :D

OOC: Adding up all the xp awarded on page 1 plus everything covaithe just awarded gives me a total of 5429 XP, which is 71 short of level 5, not 188. I wonder why our calculations differ.

treex

First Post
OOC: Yes, I noticed that too on your Player Credits section. I'll re-check the math...
EDIT2: I can confirm that we had received 450XP and reaching 1718XP on page 40. This number does not seem to include the 167 time XP we received.

The time XP awarded then (877XP), that puts me and Cyrus at 2595...*facepalm* Which we both derived from 1718+877 (which does NOT include the 167 time XP)

And HENCE, with great Asian finality I declare that we ACTUALLY had 2762 (50 more than you did, because you record +400 not +450).
After ALL the rewards have been totaled up, Jesse, Cyrus and Finnean have 5479XP. Which puts us 3 PCs at 21XP away from Level 5.

So we have two confirmed errors on jsb's part which is:
a)not including 167 time XP on page 40
b)writing 400XP instead of 450XP on page 1

[sblock=Bitter Ramblings]So at this point I'll be either losing 1729XP upon retirement or lose anywhere from 2479 to 2739 if I "liquidate" Jesse. From a purely mathematical point of view, retiring my second character Kruor and using the player credits I gain would make me only lose 936XP, which is an improvement by 54%. BUT I LOVE KRUOR. SO MUCH.[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: I don't mind if you apply the encounter XP and become level 4 before calculating the time XP. It has certainly been done that way in many other games. That makes it an extra 252 xp and 576gp for everyone. I'll update the xp post.

Edit: done.

Last edited:

treex

First Post
OOC: HALLELUJAH! (Is that how you spell it? I'm not sure) That puts Cyrus, Jesse and Finnean at Level 5 with 5731XP.

One more thing though, H.M.Gimlord has been playing at Level 5 since about page 40 as well (he spent some DM credits). So his time gold and XP would be higher.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Hooray! Thanks, covaithe!

That Level 4 applies to Ironheart, too, right? Encounter XP lifts me to level 4, and then the time XP is applied?
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases