[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

treex

First Post
"OW!" Jesse clutches his head for a moment, a magical voice booms in his head, but Jesse drowns it out quickly enough.

"Very funny, human." Jesse retorted grumpily, "I'm not in the mood, so go away."

The shock caused him to awaken from his drunken stupor and his headache was fading. But just in case, Jesse decided to set up some simple magic to deter any further pranks.

[sblock=Arcana Check]1d20+10=24

Oh, shall we just assume that we already introduced each other at the tavern? It's easier that way.

EDIT: If yes, I'll call him Ardent and not human lol[/sblock]

Last edited:

Circio

First Post
Ardens looks at the tiefling and chuckles quietly to himself before looking around for the other two members of their group. Not seeing them, he turns back to Damien and awaits a response.

Darksteed

First Post
*Cyrus idly sits upon a barrel on the ship filing his nails, having sneaked on well before the others arrived. His keen eyes occasionally looking up and around at the activity going on upon the ship. He pockets his file and stands to his feet before making his way over towards the others. He looks down upon them standing on the docks.*

Shall we get this show on the road? I'm not getting paid by the hour here, so unless you'd like me to start billing you as such. I'd suggest we get a move on.

*Folding his arms over his chest*

DemonicJester

First Post
Damien looks at the human with content and almost to prove a point plucks his last bird off his trap and swallows almost the entire creature whole.

He sneers and says
"There now can we quit playing our little pranks and begin moving?"

With that he begins making his way up the dock towards The Salty Dog.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat shuffles up the gangplank, a little late to the party. For a while, he was afraid he had missed the ship altogether. It being not exactly as grand as the dwarf had described, he mistook it for a cargo vessel and passed it by on his first time round the harbor, but seeing no other suitable sailing craft, he supposed this had to be it, What an odd-looking bunch.

Immediately, the dragonborn realizes that, with the exception of the captain, he is likely the oldest one on the ship, though just as green and clueless as any of them, I just hope I can keep up with these guys.

He puts his chest down on the mid-deck and takes a seat, leaning against the rail watching the crew make ready to cast off on yet another of many seagoing excursions he's had to make to get him this far.[sblock=OOC]Sorry. Sickness only lasts so long, then it's back to the day job.[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
”Good morn.”, Rogar greets everyone, scowling at the lively halfling. He turns and shouts out, ”Jack! Get down here! Durned elf…[mutters]”. You see an male elf spring lightly down the gang plank, a look of serene look of acceptance upon his face, as if he was a parent resigned to his child’s bad additude. ”This here is Jack, me skipper. He’ll show ya where to store yer gear and where you be asleepin’ “. He turns, and sweeps his arm as if to show off his ship. ”She’s a beaut’ ain’t she?”, Rogar says as he points to the caravel. ”She’s the pride of me fleet.”. From behind him, Jack the Skipper mutters, ”Aye, it be the only ship IN the fleet’. Rogar apparently didn’t hear the elf’s words, but instead turns to the nearest dock hand ”No, no, no… ye worthless cur…” and he wanders off berating the unfortunate dock hand.

”Alright, now, if you’ll kindly follow me.”, Jack says in a tone usually reserved for those who serve nobles. Turning, he walks up the plank and over to a deck hatch. He points to a ladder that leads deeper into the ships belly.

”You gentlemen can stow any gear down below. You’ll find a common room in which you will all bunk. Hammocks are hung, enough for each if you so choose. Besides yourselves, the captain and myself, the other crew members are Aziim our navigator,” Jack points to the stern, to which Aziim scowls in return. ”Braedin, the ship’s cook – if you can call her that - she is also below deck and sleeps in the galley. Be careful about speaking of that one’s patronage, she’s a little sensitive of her orcish father. Whiggans stays high atop the rigging in the crow’s nest. That gentleman is a man of a thousand words. And finally there are a couple of sailors we picked up here in Duanton to shore up our crew. They’ll sleep atop the forecastle. Good? Good!”, and then turns and heads back to oversee the loading of the lower holds.

A bell rings from the stern, signaling the last load is being stowed. Rogar comes stomping up the gang plank, Jack materializing almost magically at his side ”Captain on deck!”. Instantly all the sailors line up to hear the captain speak.

”Now listen up ye scurvy dogs. We have our orders. We have the cargo in the hold, and the harbormaster has givin’ us his permission ta leave. We’re a ridin’ with the tide.”. Behind him, the sailors jump to their duties, and soon sounds of creaking ropes, clanking chains and shouts fill the air as the ship prepares to weigh anchor and launch.

Rogar turns and says, ”Why haven’t ye stowed yer gear yet? Well get it done, and while yer at it figure how you plan to guard me ship. Between the six of ya, ye may be able to have enough ta figure it out. It is 3 days ta reach the Isle of Opposition, and our mysterious island is supposed ta beyond that. We be havin’ one final stop for provisions afore we search for this island. Lookout says there should be fine sailing weather, but knowin’ the Seas as I do that kin change afore ye can blink.” With that, Rogar turns and walks into his quarters below the wheelhouse and shuts the door.

Just as the sun begins to creep up on the horizon, you begin to feel the boat rock as it frees itself from its berth, turning with the tide. Your journey begins.

[sblock=ooc]We are finally under way.

Before I forget, be sure to attach a picture for your icon. Son of Meepo, Circio, and Demonic Jester I can use the pic from your wiki. Treex, Darksteed, and H.M. Grimlord let me know if you need pics I have a bunch.

Please tell me what you’re character will be doing to pass the time (please choose one): Resting, Training, Training with the crew, Helping sail the ship, Helping keep a lookout, getting to know your companions.

Below you will see sblocks. You can see what they say, but do not open the sblock labeled Benefit unless you choose that option.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rest] Besides taking your turn on watch, and consuming your bland meals, you spend your days resting, conserving your energies for what’s to come.
[sblock= Benefits]You gain 5 temperary hit points for the next encounter you are involved in.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Training]You continue to hone your skills with daily skills designed to keep your muscles limber and pliable so to keep in top form.
[sblock= Benefits]You gain an additional healing surge.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Training with the Crew]You are a natural instructor, and excel at showing others techniques and new stances.
[sblock= Benefits]You gain an additional Action Point (*NOTE: you can still only use one per encounter).[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Helping Sail the Ship]You help the sailors unfoul any rigging lines, you help trim the sails, learn a little about using navigational tools, scanning for weather patterns at sea, etc.
[sblock= Benefits]Your help allows the ship to perform better, thus making better time. I will tell you about the special benefit when a particular trigger happens.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Keeping a Lookout]You thought Rogar was crass and irritable, Whiggans is so silent, you’re not even sure if he’s breathing. All he does is gaze out to sea, occasionally pointing at a cloud or imperceptible detail in the passing waves.
[sblock= Benefits]Without realizing it, you are attuning yourself to a hypersensitive state. During the next encounter, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls as long as you haven’t moved since your last turn. (*NOTE: this effect lasts only for the next encounter, then disappears after that encounter ends.)[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Getting to Know Your Companions]You spend your time in camaraderie, light-hearted jokes and pranks, but establishing a bond with you party members.
[sblock=Mechanical Benefits]During the next encounter, while you are adjacent to an ally, you and that ally gain a +1 Teamwork bonus to saving throws. You also gain +1 to Teamwork damage rolls while flanking with an ally. (*NOTE: this effect lasts only for the next encounter, then disappears after that encounter ends.)[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
"BLECH! UWEK! BLEK!"

The sound of vomit hitting the sea was gut-wrenching. Oddly, each gush of vomit was a different colour from the last one, most likely an effect from the Rainbow Ripple Rum that Jesse drank.

"Ugh *hurls again* never...*gasp*...been at sea before...should...take a rest..."

Jesse slumps down against the deck, his stomach finally calming down for a while. He knew that the next wave of vomiting will be imminent, but was still grateful for a small gap of time where stomach doesn't feel like it was making somersaults.

"Master...*wheeze* should have told of the dangers of the woooorld." he slurred. "Oh, wait. She did...ugh"

"Guys, I'll be heading...ugh, downstairs, ugh...maybe take a nap..."
the tiefling said to his companions.

"Oh, and if you see me running down the halls, please make way for me. I'd probably have to hurl some more later."

With that, a small, weak smile appeared on his face. With slow, careful steps, Jesse heads "down below", clutching the walls for support.

[sblock=OOC] Well, I'm sorry that I don't know what the names of the individual, erm, parts of the ship. I should go google it or something. So do lean on the deck? And what do you call "down below"?

Just in case it isn't clear (lol) I choose to rest. And I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to tell the others of my benefit...

Anyway, thanks, jsb :D And for my token image, I don't really have any sources, nor am I picky of what to use.

[sblock=Yell Cthulhu]
1. Choose Keeping a Lookout
2. Yell Cthulhu at the top of your lungs
3. ?????
4. PROFIT![/sblock][/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Finnean walks around the ship talking to the crew. He tries to get their mind off the tedium of their tasks and lift their spirits with a story. As soon as the crew looks expectantly at him as though they could use an actual hand with the work, Finnean is off to chat with someone else. The last thing Finnean wants to do is manual labor, and it appears he's quite adept at avoiding such at all costs.

"Ya gotta love the salty air, nothing more refreshing." It's too bad Jesse's missing this."

[sblock=activity]Finnean chooses to get to know his companions.[/sblock]

DemonicJester

First Post
After putting his little bit of belongings (save his greatbow) in the hold of the deck Damien heads to the bow of the ship.

He stares intently out forward Never have I seen such place he thought to himself.

Instead of carousing with the others Damien makes a point to examine every inch of his environment including climbing up the mast, into the crows nest and seeing what features this new habitat has to offer the hunter.

He pauses for a moment from the peak of the ship and looks down on the fellow crew. Maybe I should talk to the others? he thinks to himself. He then shakes his head a few times and says out loud "Nah especially with that runt spilling his guts everywhere on the ship."

[sblock=activity]keeping a lookout[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases