[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

Darksteed

First Post
*Cyrus stows only his bag. Leaving the small assortment of weapons concealed upon himself. He makes his way back up to the deck. Looking abouts he sighs as things are getting done.*

Well not getting paid to sit on my ass.

*He interlaces his fingers into one another then stretches his arms out to full length, cracking his hands as he did so. He lowers his arms afterwards then springs into action. He moves about aiding the crew of this wreck upon the sea. He is proficient with what he seems to do upon the ship, having already done so before escaping the realm of the Valley of Bone. Though he never talks to anyone with idle chat-chit or conversation. It's always straight business with him. This is just another step in the transaction.*

[sblock=Activity]Cyrus will be helping sail the ship. His all about business and getting the job done quickly so that he can get paid.[/sblock]

[sblock=Picture]
Cyrus-1.jpg
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Well, muses Ixenvalignat, it appears we sleep in the hold. Maybe she's deeper than I thought. The dragonborn proceeds down the ladder to the hold and picks himself out a hammock. Confident of his abilities in a fight, he forgoes the offer of training in preference of getting to know the others.
With slow, careful steps, Jesse heads "down below", clutching the walls for support.
"Easy there friend," Ixenvalignat bounds over to support the struggling tiefling, "Believe it or not, it's actually better to be topside when you're suffering from seasickness. Stay up on the forecastle and keep your eyes on the horizon. You'll start getting your sealegs in not time." The warlord smiles, though he's aware that sometimes it appears to people that he is growling when he does this, "My names Firebyrne. You're Jesse right?" he pauses as Jesse starts to heave, "Nevermind. Lets get you up into the wind, shall we?" Ixenvalingat moves supports Jesse up the ladder and to the forecastle. The wind and the steady plain of the horizon seem to be doing the trick, "Just don't take your eyes off the line where the sky meets the water. You'll be fine."

The dragonborn leaves Jesse to convalesce, and finds Finnean enjoying the breeze from the main deck.
"Ya gotta love the salty air, nothing more refreshing." It's too bad Jesse's missing this."
"Actually, he's back up on the Forecastle," Ixenvalignat tries not to startle the halfling, but it's difficult not to be intimidating when you're almost seven feet tall, addressing a halfling, "I wouldn't mention the breeze to him just yet, though. He's still got a little while to go before the green drains from his cheeks." The warlord extends a talon to the little rogue, "My name's Firebyrne, and if you have any stories to tell, I seem to be bored out of my mind right now. I could use a good yarn."

[sblock=Activity]Getting to Know Your Companions: It seems Ixenvalignat, being a warlord (leader) would want to know as much as possible about his fellow combatants.[/sblock][sblock=Token Pic]Attachment:
Ixenvalignat.png

Picture:
Ixenvalignat.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Circio

First Post
Ardens walks downstairs in the hold of the ship and claims one of the hammocks. I really should be honing my abilities, but I suppose below deck is not the best place to be conjuring fire... Ardens muses as he walks back up to the deck of the ship.

Ardens finds an out of the way spot just off the side of the stairs leading up to the forecastle to sit down and practice. Anyone watching Ardens sees him conjure a small ball of fire between his hands and begin to manipulate it into various shapes and sizes.

[sblock=Training]
Training: Ardens, always focused on his craft, does not want to let his time spent aboard the ship to go to waste. He sets about practicing his spell casting.[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc]okay, I got everyone's choices.

Go ahead and tell me who is on watch and when. 2 per shift, 3 shifts during the night. Assume Jack and Whiggans take the day shift.

Oh, and roll initiative...;)[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Watch]I'd like to be on the same watch as Cyrus. My aura will give him +2 to Perception, so it will give him as good of a Perception check as Damien. Let's say 2nd watch.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]Initiative (7)[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat climbs below and pulls his chest out from under his hammock. From within, he draws out his armor, sword, and shield. Surprisingly it is of a dwarven style with Davek runes. He would readily admit that he cannot read them, but, then again, it's the only way he knew how to make armor. Hankel always said that the runes would bring luck.

He quickly dons the armor and returns topside to take his shift.[sblock=Shift and Initiative]I'd like a striker on watch with me. Old Ixenvalignat can heal and offer bonuses, but he's not much for damage. It doesn't matter to me which shift he takes.

Initiative: 1d20+0=8

Definitely sitting the first round out.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Shift]Well right now in the group we have 3 controllers, 1 striker, 1 leader and 1 striker/leader hybrid. Does our warlord friend work better with melee attackers or ranged? Or does he work better with people who use basic attacks. If it's just basic attacks then the two mages, the hunter and myself are good with basic attacks. Mages having Magic Missiles, hunter good with ranged basic attacks and myself with ranged or melee basic attacks.

I believe that no two controllers should be on shift together, and no two leader should be on shift together. Leaders for there healing capabilities. The controllers for them being squishy and rounding out the groups a bit better.

Also who here have Low-Light vision? I know hunter and myself have it. People with low-light should take the darker watches.

Cyrus is willing to take 2nd or 3rd watch.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]Did I ever mention I hate the Invisible Castle DR. Rolled the lowest roll I could. Great.... Init 6 to start myself off with ugh.[/sblock]

DemonicJester

First Post
[sblock=Watch]Since I am in the crows nest I will take first watch with Ardens since he is a Aoe striker and has crap for perception[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]Initiative: 1d20+8=28

WOO nat 20 baby, hopefully my luck continues :D[/sblock]

[sblock=jsb]Hey i forgot to mention Assume I am in the Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx unless told otherwise, Sorry![/sblock]

Circio

First Post
[sblock=Clarification on Ardens]Ardens may be a mage, but he is no controller by any stretch of the imagination. He is a mage striker through and through.[/sblock]
[sblock=Watch]I'm fine taking first watch with Damien.[/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative]Initiative: 1d20+1=6

That's ok. I'm saving the good rolls for in combat.[/sblock]
[sblock=Prepared Spells]I just want to say this now so there's no confusion later and we have something to go back on, unless I specifically state otherwise, I will be preparing Burning Hands for my encounter and Fountain of Flames for my daily.[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Shift]
Does our warlord friend work better with melee attackers or ranged?
Your warlord friend works best with melee attackers, basic or otherwise. He's a healer, but also an enabler. Several of his powers grant bonuses to attack, damage, or combat advantage in addition to offering opportunities for free action basic attacks.

Unfortunately, he has no high-damage encounter powers.

Well right now in the group we have 3 controllers, 1 striker, 1 leader and 1 striker/leader hybrid...

...I believe that no two controllers should be on shift together, and no two leader should be on shift together.
With 3 controllers and 2 shifts, it's going to be hard impossible to keep two controllers from being on the same shift. I'm doing the math, and I keep getting two in a shift :p.

Aaaaah, perhaps, seeing that Jesse is a little seasick we should let him sit this one out? :lol:;).

-EDIT- If we count Ardens as a striker, that makes things a little easier (in fact downright deterministic). Ixenvalignat is best with Cyrus, and not worth much to anyone else, unless Cyrus is there. The third could be anyone but Finnean, because he's the other leader...perhaps either Jesse or Damien.

I think Ixenvalignat will take watch with Cyrus and whoever else wants us.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads