[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

treex

First Post
As Jesse steps onto the island of coral, it crackles and crumbles under his feet. He spies various sharp and pointy bits poking out, some of them looking particularly gnarled. He decided to look for less pointy ground to step upon.

[sblock=OOC]Is is possible to stay in the boat? If not, anywhere on U7~V8 is fine.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative] 1d20=1 !@#$[/sblock]

Last edited:

DemonicJester

First Post
[sblock=Nature Check]1d20+7=19[/sblock]

Damien notes to the others that the foam is produced when shellfish spawn. He informs them as they exit the boat.

[sblock=Location]I will take T9[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]Like I said originally I forgot to mention that I was back in lynx form, but since days have passed... I mentioned if I didn't say anything assume lynx.
1d20+8=20[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat block]Damien Bugbear Hunter 1
Initiative +4+4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight 12, Senses: Low Light
Action Point: 0
Defenses: AC: 16, Fort: 14, Ref: 15, Will: 12
HP: 28/28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges/day: 9/9, Speed: 6
Languages: Allarian, Hzakan

Powers:
Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot
Disruptive Shot, Predatory Eye , Second Wind
Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx selected , Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cyrus]Hey man don't mean to pry but how are you adding a +7 to your initiative when your initiative is 5?[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat steps out onto the atoll, looking into the brackish water for any sign of a threat, but mostly just to express his disgust at the condition ofhis surroundings. He utters a low growl and keeps his eyes peeled.[sblock=Location]Ixenvalignat steps out and stands on the point of the atoll at S10 [/sblock][sblock=Initiative]1d20=19 Woot! Not going last this time![/sblock]

Circio

First Post
[sblock=Location]I'll be at U9.[/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative]Initiative: 1d20+1=12[/sblock]

Ardens Human Pyromancer 1
Initiative +1, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight 18
Defenses: AC: 14, Fort: 15, Ref: 16, Will: 16
HP: 26/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges/day: 9/9, Speed: 6
Languages: Allarian, Draconic
Action Points: 1

Powers:
Erupting Flare, Scorching Burst, Magic Missile
Burning Hands[], Force Orb, Heroic Effort[], Second Wind[], Amulet of Life[]
Fountain of Flame[], Wizard's Fury

Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Sword Bond

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Damien]We have a warlord in the group. Warlords give out +2 power bonus to initiative. So he gives it to everyone except Damien as Damien already has a power bonus to initiative from the stance you keep active. Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx I believe it's called.

EDIT: Nevermind he decided to take Battlefront Leader instead. I'll edit my initiative as well then.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Circio

First Post
[sblock=Initiative Bonuses]No treex, there are no active party-wide initiative bonuses. The only modifiers anyone in this party has to their initiative are bonuses that people provide to themselves (via dex, feats, stances, etc). Jesse's initiative modifier is 0, so your initiative is just what you roll on the d20.[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Looks like we are waiting for son of meepo to post with initiative and his starting position. As soon as he posts i'll start the first round. Hopefully sometime tomorrow morning (my time).[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
Reef(er) Madness – Round 1

[sblock=ooc] @H.M.Gimlord : make sure to add your cloak’s +1 to Fort/Ref/Will (A.K.A. NADs)[/sblock]

All along the water’s edge begins to bubble and froth as if boiling. Suddenly from nearby, a form crawls out onto the coral atoll, sickly green weeds clinging to it carapace. More forms also leap onto the atoll as well as shapes can be seen swimming close by. The foam nestled in the opening between the two islands of exposed coral starts to gather together forming a swarm of small crustaceans.

[sblock=Initiative]Finnean: 9
Ixenvalignat: 19
Cyrus: 17
Damien: 20
Ardens: 12
Jesse: 1
Monsters: 10; average=6.333 (1d20+6=10)

Looks like everyone is able to act before the monsters except Finnean and Jesse.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain, Please Read]Coral Atoll (whitish area): firm ground, not difficult terrain; if knocked prone, that PC takes 1d4 damage in addition to any other damage.

Coral Mounds (C7: D8; G10:H12; J10:L11; U7:V8; Y10:Z11; AB10:AC11): considered difficult terrain.

Submerged Coral (light green area): consider one FULL square adjacent to the Coral Atoll to be under water and difficult terrain, this also applies to the area between the two coral atolls. Depth ranging from 1 to 2 feet of water.

Deep Water: Beyond one square from the coral atoll is a 20-foot vertical drop to the sea floor.

Swimming:
Swim or Tread: (as part of movement): DC 10 (calm waters) If swimming north or south, every 2 squares of movement towards the coral atoll will slide you 1 square to the east. If swimming west, you can only move 1/4 speed. If swimming east, double your swimming movement.

Success: you swim half your speed

Failure (by 4 or less): you can’t swim any further as part of a movement action, but you are treading water
Failure (by 5 or more): you can’t move any further and you sink 1 square.

*NOTE: The seagrass becomes thicker as you move away from the coral atoll. The DC to swim increases by 2 for each square beyond the start of the Deep Water (EX: DC 10 - 1 sq away from the Submerged Coral; DC 12 - 2 sq away, etc).

**NOTE: There is no Athletics check to climb up onto the difficult terrain of the Submerged Coral areas.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
5LD3l.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Locations:
Finnean: T10
Ixenmalignat: S10 (MAP shows S9. oops!)
Cyrus: U10
Damien: T9
Ardens: U9
Jesse: U8 (on coral mound, difficult terrain)

Craud Shrimp Swarm: P8:Q9 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Impaler 1: S7 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Impaler 2: W7 (on atoll)
Craud Impaler 3: P11 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Impaler 4: M12 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Crusher 1: N7 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Crusher 2: W11 (in water; difficult terrain)

[sblock=Notes on Aquatic Combat]*Any power that has the keyword FIRE takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls. Damage rolls are unaffected.

*While swimming or submerged: -2 to melee attack rolls with non spear-type melee or ranged weapons or crossbow-type ranged weapons.
[/sblock]

Craud Shrimp Swarm: AC 17, FORT 15, REF 15, WILL 14; MBA Swarm of Mandibles: +7 vs. Ref; 1d6+4 and ongoing 3 damage (save ends).
[sblock=pics]
zXhV3.jpg
No7fk.jpg
[/sblock]

Craud Impaler: AC 17, FORT 15, REF 15, WILL 13; MBA Claw: +8 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage
[sblock=pic]
ldlTP.jpg
[/sblock]

Craud Crusher: AC 15, FORT 16, REF 16, WILL 15; MBA Claw: +9 vs. AC; 1d8+4 damage and grabbed (until escape)
[sblock=Escape]Action: Move action
Acrobatics DC 16
Athletics DC 16
Success: escape and shift 1 square[/sblock]
[sblock=pic]
2bGYZ.jpg
[/sblock]

Finnean: 24/24; HS 7/7; AP 1; Status
Ixenvalignat: 22/22; HS 8/8; AP 1; Status
Cyrus: 26/26; HS 9/9; AP 1; Status
Damien: 28/28; HS 9/9; AP 1; Status Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx
Ardens: 26/26; HS 9/9; AP 1; Status