[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

jsb420

First Post
Desolation Island
1st Level Adventure - L4E

Cast:
1. Finnean Fairhand (Son of Meepo) - Halfling Ardent|Rogue 1
2. Jesse Tey'un (treex) - Tiefling Wizard 1
3. Ardens (Circio) - Human Mage 1
4. Cyrus (Darksteed) - Khan Executioner 1
5. Damien (DemonicJester)- Bugbear Hunter 1
6. Ixenvalignat (H.M.Gimlord) - Dragonborn Warlord 1
7. Fierro "El Matascarabajos!" - Bugbear Fighter 2

Judge: covaithe (some old albatross)

The gruff and stern-looking dwarf sits at a table near the shadowy corner of the tavern. He looks at everyone with his one good eye, then he speaks. ”As I said, me name’s Captain Rogar, and I am a lookin’ fer some able-bodied souls, perchance such as yerselves, to help man me ship, the Salty Dog. I am bound for an uncharted island, and if’n rumors be true, tis haunted. It seems like them mages o’er at the temple to Mireva are a wantin’ to know what’s goin’ on thereabouts. I won’t say where this island is till we agree and we’re aboard me ship, so as to protect me contract”

Rogar pauses to take an impressive gulp of his ale then wiping the back of his hand across his bearded mouth before continuing. ”But I will say that yer duties while aboard is to be do what yer told and stay out the way till needed, and no fightin’ wit the crew! I won’t stand for any landlubber wreckin’ me ship. Now if’n some beasties comes at us, then I’ll be expectin’ you to earn yer keep. The pay is 150gp each, and a rightly good sum it be, durn near double the goin’ rate, but it doesn’t come from me own coffers. I figure a couple months ‘afore we git back. You’ll also be gettin’ fed too, so no belly achin’.”, he laughs at his own words, ”Me ship sails out with the mornin’ tide, with ‘r without ye. So what say you?”
[sblock=Objectives]
1. Explore newly revealed island
2. Investigate source of mysterious lights
3. Encountered and defeated a pirate cutter. They're fishfood now and the ship scuttled.
-Treasure awarded, +358 XP given, no time XP/gp awarded
4. Killed Craud on the coral atoll
-No treasure, +333XP each, no time XP/gp given
5. Skill Challenge to make it safely to the mysterious island
-No treasure, +250XP each, +167XP and 126gp awarded (4/20/11-5/20/11)
6. Beach Landing and killed some undead
-no treasure, +327XP each, 50XP to Fierro; no time XP/gp given
7. Goblin Encampment: PC’s discover where the mysterious light was coming from – goblins. But they didn’t discover the reasons why. They now head towards a lone tower.
-Treasure, +400XP each, +877XP and 682gp (5/20/2011-10/10/2011)[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure Pool]
OOC: Treasure: I wanted to take a shot at splitting our monetary treasure out so that I can record it before I forget.
Each PC: 150 gp (from the mages in Daunton)
The Original 6: 470 gp + 250 gp goblet = 720 gp or 120 gp each.
Original 6 time gp: 126 gp each
The Remaining 4 + Fierro: 155 sp, 250 gp, 350 gp in trade bars, 300 gp in silks = 900 gp, 155 sp or 180 gp, 31 sp each.
Remaining 4 + Fierro time GP: 682 gp each

So it appears that the 4 of us who have been here since the beginning will have earned 1258 gp each.
GM: I agree with this split.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rules]
-Please use grey text or spoilers blocks "sblocks" for ooc discussion. If you’re unsure how to use them go HERE (warning: you are leaving ENWorld.org)

-Please use Invisible Castle for dice rolling (be sure to register). ENWorld has a dice roller (but it takes up a lot of space). If you can't use either dice roller for whatever reason, post a link to the dice roller you want to use and I will OK it.

-If you know you will be unable to post for a couple days because you will be out of town, or whatever, please say so and me or someone will NPC your character until you come back if there is a skill challenge or battle encounter. I would like to keep to a 48 hour per post per PC, to help speed the game up (you don’t have to wait a full 48 hours though). Once the allotted time has passed, ONE message will be posted in the thread and if not responded to within 12 hours of that message, your PC’s actions will be made for you (using at-wills only).

-I will be using the honor system for skill checks. If I post a sblock that says "Arcana 18" that is the DC you have to roll to be able to read it. (please don't click on it unless you succeed the roll!) If it lists a character's name, only they can read it. If it is directed at a specific person anyone can read it. You can share the information with other people, but don't just copy and paste it directly. You of course can do other skill checks that I do not post.

-I will roll the monster’s initiative all together, averaged out and post that number. Each PC is to roll their own initiatives, and any that are higher than the number I posted originally will be able to act before the monsters. Thereafter, turns will be posted in “block” format (monsters, PCs, monsters, etc). I will record the PC’s actions in the order they are posted.

-Please always post what the attack or ability does in its entirety, even if it is for the 100th time. I have all the class books but I don't have each and every ability memorized.

-During an encounter, I will post the defense stats and (after you know the monster is not a minion) the HP of monsters. This way you know right away if an attack hit. If your character’s actions provokes an Opportunity Attack, you can include it as part of your post. For such occurrences, I will only list Basic attacks. Other powers won’t be revealed.

-I will pass out XP at the end of each adventure, as well as dish out any treasure/gp (unless specifically mentioned as part of the adventure)

-You can distribute treasure however you like, but be sure to list any wishlist items on your character sheets, and if reasonable, I can include such an item into the treasure parcel. I like to choose the items as the adventure progresses (i.e. your PC has a low FORT and during the encounter that PC was constantly being hit as a result of the low FORT, I’ll add a neck slot item to help boost it up, etc).

-Each player chooses a color. Please post your speech and thoughts in your character's color, using italics for the latter. On the battle map I attach to an encounter, any PC mark, I will highlight the target creature with that color for easy visual reference.

-I will always be happy to answer any questions, comments and concerns. If I make a mistake (god forbid) please feel free to PM me or post your reasoning. I’m not a rules Nazi. I feel that flexibility as a DM is a must.

-Last but not least, have fun!
[/sblock]
[sblock=occ]Adventure approved yah!
Go ahead and introduce each other, ask any questions you feel are pertinent, etc. while I gather everything I need.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Finnean Fairhand in one of the first to stand and greet the captain. "Hiya Cap'n! My name is Finnean Fairhand and an island getaway sound like just what I need, and haunted too. Sounds like a fun. Believe me sir, you won't go wrong in picking me."

[sblock=A Volunteer!]Finnean Fairhand, Halfling Rogue|Ardent 1 reporting for duty. (Not yet approved)[/sblock]

treex

First Post
"Hear, hear" a tiefling says. "This would be a truly wonderful experience and a great way to kick off my adventuring career. Count me in."

"The name's Jesse, Jesse Tey'un. Pleased to make acquaintances with you Fairhand."
Jesse says, as he offers his hand to the halfling.

"And you too, Captain Rogar"

[sblock=Jesse]Character Sheet HERE[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] How do I make those nifty mini-block stats that I see the veterans use? Also, I assume that we post ability descriptions only when we use it, right?[/sblock]

[sblock=Jesse Stats]Status:
Jesse Tey’un – Tiefling Wizard
Init: +0 Speed: 6
Passive Perception:11; Passive Insight: 16
AC: 15 Fort 11 Ref 15 Will 14
HP: 23/23 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 5 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Elven
Str:8 Dex:10 Wis:13 Con:13 Int:20 Cha:15

Powers:
Ghost Sound
Light
Magic Missile
Phantom Bolt
Phantasmal Assault
Suggestion
Infernal Wrath
Grasping Shadows
Second Wind
(Illusory Obstacles -Spellbook)
Phantom Chasm
(Horrid Whispers – Spellbook)

[/color][/sblock]

Last edited:

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=treex]I just sent you a message on how to post your stats. I forgot to mention that you will need to copy and paste the stat block in each of your posts (not as important during roleplaying portions of the adventure, mainly the encounters).

Also, looks like Son of Meepo is already using the color blue. Please choose another color for your text. Thanks!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Circio

First Post
Hm... An unexplored island? Perhaps it's new to these fools, but I doubt it was unknown to Yathar. This sounds like a decent place to begin my search. Ardens thinks to himself as he walks over and introduces himself to the captain.

I'll come with you to this island dwarf.

[sblock=Stat block]Ardens Human Pyromancer 1 (Approved)
Initiative +1, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight 18
Defenses: AC: 14, Fort: 14, Ref: 15, Will: 15
HP: 26, Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges/day: 9/9, Speed: 6
Languages: Allarian, Draconic

Powers:
Erupting Flare, Scorching Burst, Magic Missile
Burning Hands, Force Orb, Heroic Effort
Fountain of Flame, Wizard's Fury

Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Sword Bond[/sblock]

[sblock=treex]You keep saying you changed your race to tiefling, but your character sheet still lists you as an eladrin. Also, you took the class benefits of both the Wizard and the Mage. You can't have both. You should really take a bit and go over your character sheet to fix it up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Awww, Jesse's speech font has always been blue T^T It suits his derpy personality, aw well. Guess I'll change it to red(dish brown) then. (Unless of course, Son of Meepo would change :D) Straying from that, Meepo, do you play DotA?

EDIT: GOD DAMNIT! FINE, YELLOW!

Funny, I could have sworn I changed that to tiefling already...odd. Not sure about the Wizard and Mage thing, care to help?[/sblock]

Last edited:

DemonicJester

First Post
Damien quickly turns and eyes the captain. A new adventure on a foreign island? Plenty of new prey to catch.

He turns to the captain and says. Names Damien. Best tracker in the land, here for work. I'll put these little ghost stories to rest.

With that he stares blindly for a second before remembering to extend his hand to the dwarf as custom dictates.

[sblock=Stat block]Damien Bugbear Hunter 1 (Approved)
Initiative +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight 12, Senses: Low Light
Defenses: AC: 16, Fort: 14, Ref: 15, Will: 12
HP: 28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges/day: 9/9, Speed: 6
Languages: Allarian, Hzakan

Powers:
Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot
Disruptive Shot, Predatory Eye
Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx, Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
[/sblock]

[sblock=Character Link]http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Damien_%28DemonicJester%29[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*Cyrus stands up from this barstool and moves over to the table with the dwarf sitting at it. His keen eyes look over the crowd already assembled there then looks over to the dwarf.*

If your still in need of more men. I shall aid you for that price.

*He folds his arms over his chest. Awaiting a response.*

[sblock=Cyrus]Cyrus- Male Khan Enchanter 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 15

AC: 18, Fort: 13, Reflex: 16, Will: 11

Speed: 6

HP: 26/26, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 9/9

Powers-
Light
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Action Point [ ]
Assassin’s Strike [ ]
Predatory Eye [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Sneak Attack [ ]

Carrion Crawler Brain Juice [ ][/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat continues to think to himself, Nomeno tundar rigluinic letoclo, vur tangis sjek nomeno tolgalen ui ti wer ir ihk svabolen si vorq, coi nomag qe trelkilt loupon svaklar si mi jaka.

Then he decides, "I am Ixenvalignat, or Firebyrne if you wish. My strength and my sword are at your hire. It is a pleasure to serve with a sailing dwarf."

[sblock=Ministats]Ixenvalignat Male Dragonborn Warlord Level 1
Initiative: +0
Speed 5
Passive Perceoption: 10; Passive Insight: 10; Senses: Normal Vision
Draconic Fury: +1 to attack rolls while bloodied
Languages: Draconic, Common
AC: 19; Fortitude; 16; Reflex: 12; Will: 16
HP: 22/22
Surge Value: 5; Surges Left: 7/7
Action Points: 1

At Will Powers:
:bmelee: Melee Basic Attack 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage

:branged: Ranged Basic Attack 1d20 vs. AC
Hit: 1d4 damage

:melee: Wolfpack Tactics 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage and one ally adjacent to Ixenvalignat or the target can shift 1 square as a free action

:melee: Viper's Strike 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage. Effect: If the target shifts before the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from an ally of my choice.

Encounter Powers:
:close: Powerful Warning
Effect:
The target gaINS +4 power bonus to all defenses against the attack. The target can make a melee basic attack against the enemy as a free action.

Battlefront Shift

Effect: Target shifts speed on initiative roll

:close:Inspiring Word 1 2
Effect: Target within 5 squares spends healing surge for HS value+1d6 hitpoints
Special: Can be used twice per encounter

:close: Dragonfear 1d20+7 vs. Will
Hit:
Target takes -2 to attack rolls and grants Combat Advantage until the end of Ixenvalignat's next turn.

Daily Powers:

:melee: White Raven Onslaught 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10+5 damage and Ixenvalignat slides an adjacent ally 1 square. Until the end of the encounter, whenever Ixenvalignat or an ally within 10 squares of himself makes a succesful attack, the attacker slides an adjacent ally 1 square.
Miss: An ally within 10 squares slides an adjacent ally 1 square on each successful attack for the rest of the encounter.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=treex]I just sent you a message on how to post your stats. I forgot to mention that you will need to copy and paste the stat block in each of your posts (not as important during roleplaying portions of the adventure, mainly the encounters).

Also, looks like Son of Meepo is already using the color blue. Please choose another color for your text. Thanks!
[/sblock]

[sblock=jsb420]Can you share this info with me too? Thanks![/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases