D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe) - Page 4




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 797
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614

    Ignore treex
    "OW!" Jesse clutches his head for a moment, a magical voice booms in his head, but Jesse drowns it out quickly enough.

    "Very funny, human." Jesse retorted grumpily, "I'm not in the mood, so go away."

    The shock caused him to awaken from his drunken stupor and his headache was fading. But just in case, Jesse decided to set up some simple magic to deter any further pranks.

    Arcana Check
    1d20+10=24

    Oh, shall we just assume that we already introduced each other at the tavern? It's easier that way.

    EDIT: If yes, I'll call him Ardent and not human lol
    Last edited by treex; Thursday, 21st April, 2011 at 06:39 PM.

 

  • #32
    Ardens looks at the tiefling and chuckles quietly to himself before looking around for the other two members of their group. Not seeing them, he turns back to Damien and awaits a response.
    Ardens (Human Mage (Pyromancer) 1)

  • #33
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    574

    Ignore Darksteed
    *Cyrus idly sits upon a barrel on the ship filing his nails, having sneaked on well before the others arrived. His keen eyes occasionally looking up and around at the activity going on upon the ship. He pockets his file and stands to his feet before making his way over towards the others. He looks down upon them standing on the docks.*

    Shall we get this show on the road? I'm not getting paid by the hour here, so unless you'd like me to start billing you as such. I'd suggest we get a move on.

    *Folding his arms over his chest*
    Kauldron (Goblin Paladin 8), Hunzu (Shardmind Mage 3), Cyrus (Khan Executioner 3)

  • #34
    Damien looks at the human with content and almost to prove a point plucks his last bird off his trap and swallows almost the entire creature whole.

    He sneers and says
    "There now can we quit playing our little pranks and begin moving?"

    With that he begins making his way up the dock towards The Salty Dog.

  • #35
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Marysville, CA
    Posts
    400

    Ignore jsb420
    My communities:

    ooc
    Just waiting to hear from Grimlord then we'll leave.

  • #36
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,677

    Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    My communities:

    Ixenvalignat shuffles up the gangplank, a little late to the party. For a while, he was afraid he had missed the ship altogether. It being not exactly as grand as the dwarf had described, he mistook it for a cargo vessel and passed it by on his first time round the harbor, but seeing no other suitable sailing craft, he supposed this had to be it, What an odd-looking bunch.

    Immediately, the dragonborn realizes that, with the exception of the captain, he is likely the oldest one on the ship, though just as green and clueless as any of them, I just hope I can keep up with these guys.

    He puts his chest down on the mid-deck and takes a seat, leaning against the rail watching the crew make ready to cast off on yet another of many seagoing excursions he's had to make to get him this far.
    OOC
    Sorry. Sickness only lasts so long, then it's back to the day job.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #37
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Marysville, CA
    Posts
    400

    Ignore jsb420
    My communities:

    ”Good morn.”, Rogar greets everyone, scowling at the lively halfling. He turns and shouts out, ”Jack! Get down here! Durned elf…[mutters]”. You see an male elf spring lightly down the gang plank, a look of serene look of acceptance upon his face, as if he was a parent resigned to his child’s bad additude. ”This here is Jack, me skipper. He’ll show ya where to store yer gear and where you be asleepin’ “. He turns, and sweeps his arm as if to show off his ship. ”She’s a beaut’ ain’t she?”, Rogar says as he points to the caravel. ”She’s the pride of me fleet.”. From behind him, Jack the Skipper mutters, ”Aye, it be the only ship IN the fleet’. Rogar apparently didn’t hear the elf’s words, but instead turns to the nearest dock hand ”No, no, no… ye worthless cur…” and he wanders off berating the unfortunate dock hand.

    ”Alright, now, if you’ll kindly follow me.”, Jack says in a tone usually reserved for those who serve nobles. Turning, he walks up the plank and over to a deck hatch. He points to a ladder that leads deeper into the ships belly.

    ”You gentlemen can stow any gear down below. You’ll find a common room in which you will all bunk. Hammocks are hung, enough for each if you so choose. Besides yourselves, the captain and myself, the other crew members are Aziim our navigator,” Jack points to the stern, to which Aziim scowls in return. ”Braedin, the ship’s cook – if you can call her that - she is also below deck and sleeps in the galley. Be careful about speaking of that one’s patronage, she’s a little sensitive of her orcish father. Whiggans stays high atop the rigging in the crow’s nest. That gentleman is a man of a thousand words. And finally there are a couple of sailors we picked up here in Duanton to shore up our crew. They’ll sleep atop the forecastle. Good? Good!”, and then turns and heads back to oversee the loading of the lower holds.

    A bell rings from the stern, signaling the last load is being stowed. Rogar comes stomping up the gang plank, Jack materializing almost magically at his side ”Captain on deck!”. Instantly all the sailors line up to hear the captain speak.

    ”Now listen up ye scurvy dogs. We have our orders. We have the cargo in the hold, and the harbormaster has givin’ us his permission ta leave. We’re a ridin’ with the tide.”. Behind him, the sailors jump to their duties, and soon sounds of creaking ropes, clanking chains and shouts fill the air as the ship prepares to weigh anchor and launch.

    Rogar turns and says, ”Why haven’t ye stowed yer gear yet? Well get it done, and while yer at it figure how you plan to guard me ship. Between the six of ya, ye may be able to have enough ta figure it out. It is 3 days ta reach the Isle of Opposition, and our mysterious island is supposed ta beyond that. We be havin’ one final stop for provisions afore we search for this island. Lookout says there should be fine sailing weather, but knowin’ the Seas as I do that kin change afore ye can blink.” With that, Rogar turns and walks into his quarters below the wheelhouse and shuts the door.

    Just as the sun begins to creep up on the horizon, you begin to feel the boat rock as it frees itself from its berth, turning with the tide. Your journey begins.

    ooc
    We are finally under way.

    Before I forget, be sure to attach a picture for your icon. Son of Meepo, Circio, and Demonic Jester I can use the pic from your wiki. Treex, Darksteed, and H.M. Grimlord let me know if you need pics I have a bunch.

    Please tell me what you’re character will be doing to pass the time (please choose one): Resting, Training, Training with the crew, Helping sail the ship, Helping keep a lookout, getting to know your companions.

    Below you will see sblocks. You can see what they say, but do not open the sblock labeled Benefit unless you choose that option.


    Rest
    Besides taking your turn on watch, and consuming your bland meals, you spend your days resting, conserving your energies for what’s to come.
    Benefits
    You gain 5 temperary hit points for the next encounter you are involved in.



    Training
    You continue to hone your skills with daily skills designed to keep your muscles limber and pliable so to keep in top form.
    Benefits
    You gain an additional healing surge.



    Training with the Crew
    You are a natural instructor, and excel at showing others techniques and new stances.
    Benefits
    You gain an additional Action Point (*NOTE: you can still only use one per encounter).



    Helping Sail the Ship
    You help the sailors unfoul any rigging lines, you help trim the sails, learn a little about using navigational tools, scanning for weather patterns at sea, etc.
    Benefits
    Your help allows the ship to perform better, thus making better time. I will tell you about the special benefit when a particular trigger happens.



    Keeping a Lookout
    You thought Rogar was crass and irritable, Whiggans is so silent, you’re not even sure if he’s breathing. All he does is gaze out to sea, occasionally pointing at a cloud or imperceptible detail in the passing waves.
    Benefits
    Without realizing it, you are attuning yourself to a hypersensitive state. During the next encounter, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls as long as you haven’t moved since your last turn. (*NOTE: this effect lasts only for the next encounter, then disappears after that encounter ends.)



    Getting to Know Your Companions
    You spend your time in camaraderie, light-hearted jokes and pranks, but establishing a bond with you party members.
    Mechanical Benefits
    During the next encounter, while you are adjacent to an ally, you and that ally gain a +1 Teamwork bonus to saving throws. You also gain +1 to Teamwork damage rolls while flanking with an ally. (*NOTE: this effect lasts only for the next encounter, then disappears after that encounter ends.)

    Last edited by jsb420; Friday, 22nd April, 2011 at 02:51 PM.

  • #38
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614

    Ignore treex
    "BLECH! UWEK! BLEK!"

    The sound of vomit hitting the sea was gut-wrenching. Oddly, each gush of vomit was a different colour from the last one, most likely an effect from the Rainbow Ripple Rum that Jesse drank.

    "Ugh *hurls again* never...*gasp*...been at sea before...should...take a rest..."

    Jesse slumps down against the deck, his stomach finally calming down for a while. He knew that the next wave of vomiting will be imminent, but was still grateful for a small gap of time where stomach doesn't feel like it was making somersaults.

    "Master...*wheeze* should have told of the dangers of the woooorld." he slurred. "Oh, wait. She did...ugh"

    "Guys, I'll be heading...ugh, downstairs, ugh...maybe take a nap..."
    the tiefling said to his companions.

    "Oh, and if you see me running down the halls, please make way for me. I'd probably have to hurl some more later."

    With that, a small, weak smile appeared on his face. With slow, careful steps, Jesse heads "down below", clutching the walls for support.

    OOC
    Well, I'm sorry that I don't know what the names of the individual, erm, parts of the ship. I should go google it or something. So do lean on the deck? And what do you call "down below"?

    Just in case it isn't clear (lol) I choose to rest. And I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to tell the others of my benefit...

    Anyway, thanks, jsb And for my token image, I don't really have any sources, nor am I picky of what to use.

    Yell Cthulhu

    1. Choose Keeping a Lookout
    2. Yell Cthulhu at the top of your lungs
    3. ?????
    4. PROFIT!

  • #39
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Finnean walks around the ship talking to the crew. He tries to get their mind off the tedium of their tasks and lift their spirits with a story. As soon as the crew looks expectantly at him as though they could use an actual hand with the work, Finnean is off to chat with someone else. The last thing Finnean wants to do is manual labor, and it appears he's quite adept at avoiding such at all costs.

    "Ya gotta love the salty air, nothing more refreshing." It's too bad Jesse's missing this."

    activity
    Finnean chooses to get to know his companions.

  • #40
    After putting his little bit of belongings (save his greatbow) in the hold of the deck Damien heads to the bow of the ship.

    He stares intently out forward Never have I seen such place he thought to himself.

    Instead of carousing with the others Damien makes a point to examine every inch of his environment including climbing up the mast, into the crows nest and seeing what features this new habitat has to offer the hunter.

    He pauses for a moment from the peak of the ship and looks down on the fellow crew. Maybe I should talk to the others? he thinks to himself. He then shakes his head a few times and says out loud "Nah especially with that runt spilling his guts everywhere on the ship."

    activity
    keeping a lookout

    Last edited by DemonicJester; Friday, 22nd April, 2011 at 07:47 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    2. Replies: 466
      Last Post: Saturday, 6th August, 2011, 07:43 PM
    3. Replies: 322
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM
    5. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •