Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm disappointed no one liked or laughed at my comment about the creature being bigger on the inside in the Doctor Who thread. Was it a little too obvious to point out? Fruit hanging a little too low? Honestly, I think someone on the show should have noted it. A nice nod to the TARDIS which was absent from the episode.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
For some reason, my DVR refuses to tape the new Dr. Who episodes. I missed all of Capaldi’s last season, and the new ones this year as well.

OTOH, it IS catching all the old ones airing on my local PBS station, which started from the very first Hartnell episodes. I’ve never seen ANY of those, and only a few of the other pre-Pertwee stuff. And I haven’t seen all of HIS either. Hopefully, they’ll continue going through them all, because I missed a bunch of the post-Tom Baker stuff, too, due to moving around the country.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
When I was a kid our PBS station showed the older ones. At the time I tried watching but wasn't impressed. I keep waiting for them to bring them back.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My first Doctor Who exposure was buying a dozen or so books when my parents took me with them to London as a kid. (We we’re stationed in Germany.)

Shortly thereafter, we moved to Aurora, CO, and then a small town in Kansas. I kept reading the books.

Then we moved to Dallas/Fort Worth, and the PBS station was airing the show! I found it about halfway through the last season of Pertwee. They aired all of the Tom Baker stuff after that. Then as I moved around Texas for college and post.-grad schooling, I caught the odd episode here or there, but nothing consistent. So all of my exposure to the post Tom Baker era up until Christopher Eccleston is spotty.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Try 39. Cold, hollow feeling and both arms shaking.
I have had a bit lower then that, I think about 1 1/2 years ago, so yeah I know that feeling too. My Ox levels have been in the 97 to 100 range since Jan of 2012, however, the trachea tube scar and 3 chest tube scars told another story from while I was in the big sleep

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases