Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
This whole last week I've been driving myself crazy converting mm2e creatures to mm3e.

Sofar the strangest power I've created is this:

Amorphous Body: Additional Limbs 10 (10 Tentacles; Extras: Innte), Growth 4 (Size -1; Extras: Innate), Morph 5 (Any form; Extras: Innate Summon 2 (30pt; Extras: Multiple Minions 5, Variable Type [Body Parts]; Flaws: Quirk[Looses body parts]) [70pp]

Note: For those unfamiliar with MM3E sizes,, "medium" is -2, -1 is large, etc.

Last edited:

It's fun to play with / tinker with the rules a bit, even inventing / creating new creatures.

Currently I'm messing a bit with the rules of the Fiendish Template in a way that makes sense to me. House Cannith is working with Fiends to create new Docents that make the warforged have fiendish traits. Too bad for them that John Play is about to become involved.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
make the warforged have fiendish traits

I have a 4Ed PC based on that idea: Hellbox is a Warforged Hybrid Battlemind/Infernal Pact Warlock created to be a living gateway to the Lower Planes. He is clearly different from most others of his kind, being made of some reddish-black metal with arcane traceries in gold adorning his shell. However, instead of championing his creators' agenda, he has rebelled.

(inspired by the Hellboy comics & movies and the Hellraiser stories & movies)

He is, as yet, unplayed, and if I do get a chance to play him, I may actually exchange his Battlemind class with something else.

A few year's ago I created a warforged warlock possessed by a demon that I named Cannon.

Hellfire plasma would blast out of enlarged funnels in his forearms.

I never got a chance to use him either. The group he was to be a villian for dissolved back when 4e happened.

Today is a day of horrid mourning for me.

The old computer that I had my template list on (1000's of hours to do) and my miniature list (100's of hours to set up) has died.

Between its age and when I went to erase the music file I had on it (over half its memory) it crashed.

The few back-up disks I have for the computer are on programs that will not work with the new computer.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Man that bites.

Considering I spent all week making M&M conversions I'm fearful I might accidently loose that work since its on Drop Box. I couldn't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I lost THOUSANDS of hours worth of work.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The old computer that I had my template list on (1000's of hours to do) and my miniature list (100's of hours to set up) has died.

Between its age and when I went to erase the music file I had on it (over half its memory) it crashed.

The few back-up disks I have for the computer are on programs that will not work with the new computer.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
I have been exactly where you are, and more than once. I definitely feel your pain.

Doubt I will ever attempt a project like that again. It was hundreds of pages long and listed complete details of all templates (minus about 30).

I went to the old computer to print out some of these files just in case this happened..... too little .... too late.

However, how many people can say they have read 100's of templates and understood them?

And now I can clear that table space for something else... (like more clutter)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm currently trying to recover a couple hundred files from my Palm, covering 5 different campaigns, 100+ PCs (in 3Ed, 3.5Ed, HERO and M&M), a catalog of my guitars & related gear, my guitar & gear wish list, and a chord-book consisting of shapes for an alternative tuning (CGDAEG). Plus other stuff. Several hundred pages worth of work.

All typed in via a single stylus, usually while I was killing time in doctors' offices, hotels and so forth.

The good news is the machine still works, and the files are readable.

The bad news is that in all the time I owned the thing, I never synched it up to my computer, the synching software won't work with my new computer, and the Palm will only stay on for 5 minutes at a time...and only if plugged in.

This may take a while. And of course, there is no guarantee the Palm won't utterly die at some point.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases