Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Knowledge is knowing that Frankenstein isn't the monster.
Wisdom is knowing that Frankenstein is also a monster.
Intelligence is knowing that Frankenstein's monster wanted to be called Adam.
Trivia is knowing that the monster that Doctor Frankenstein created was never actually given an official name.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Knowledge is knowing that Frankenstein isn't the monster.
Wisdom is knowing that Frankenstein is also a monster.
Intelligence is knowing that Frankenstein's monster wanted to be called Adam.
Trivia is knowing that the monster that Doctor Frankenstein created was never actually given an official name.

REAL trivia is knowing there is/was a hot dog & beer chain called Frank N Stein.
frank%u00252527n%u00252527stein_frbidden.jpg

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
10 out of 9 gynodermatologists recommend not digging around in old hives. It can lead to nostalgia and cranial itching and confusion.

I need the hive mind's help with this :

i'm mainly looking for the car to say 'I'm taken care of well by my parents, but i'm not spoiled, i'm out going, popular,confident.' and others will think "nice car" and "lucky." I also want the other students to be able to see the car and go "Abby's here". Abby is saving up to get the car painted a cobalt blue. She takes good care of the car,which she got for her 18th birthday so it's her dream car. Story takes place in the year 2004.

So which one? A Ford Mustang GT or BMW Z4
[sblock]
maxresdefault.jpg or Hardtop1.JPG[/sblock]

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Being a cisgender male, I could not possibly speak the mind of a teenage female. :p
I personally would go for the Mustang.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I need the hive mind's help with this :

i'm mainly looking for the car to say 'I'm taken care of well by my parents, but i'm not spoiled, i'm out going, popular,confident.' and others will think "nice car" and "lucky." I also want the other students to be able to see the car and go "Abby's here". Abby is saving up to get the car painted a cobalt blue. She takes good care of the car,which she got for her 18th birthday so it's her dream car. Story takes place in the year 2004.

So which one? A Ford Mustang GT or BMW Z4
[sblock]
View attachment 99316 or View attachment 99317[/sblock]

For a moment there, I was confused into believing you were buying a car for your kid, and thinking you were nuts! :D

By my recollection of young affluent ladies from MY teenage years (mid-80s) in Dallas/Fort Worth, most opted for convertible sports sedans and coupes. European brands were preferred, but some Japanese models also snuck in there.

The Volkswagen Corrado (?) was introduced back then, and cost almost as much as a Porsche, especially as a convertible. They didn’t sell well- Volkswagens at Porsche prices?!?!- but almost every one I saw was driven by young blonde women.

Updating to 2004, I could see BMW M series, Audi S series, Porsche Boxters, Acuras, Nissans, or some of the more exotic Volkswagens. With some, the Subaru WRX would get a nod because of its performance.

That said, between the two you presented, the Z4, unless she’s a tomboy. If she wants to play with the boys, Mustang all the way.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My first response while amusing to me was not all that helpful.

I too, were confused at first. I agree with Danny, I think the small sporty car would make more sense.

For a moment there, I was confused into believing you were buying a car for your kid, and thinking you were nuts! :D

Well I AM nuts but that's a whole different issue lol, I'm running this also as a poll on my FB, and I'm going to post it on another message board as to get a good idea. One of my friends who was also in my graduating class of 04 reminded me that during our time the 'stang was the "it" car.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases