Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
It’s not bad. But I will say that seeing those people in person- as well as hearing their voices, the tales they tell, etc.- could be a powerful reminder.

That’s a good thing...if you want a reminder, that is.
I guess. *shrug*

I'm just living in such a super different world now that I'm not even sure if I could relate to meeting myself from back then. It's almost like somewhere along the line I turned into my dad (and he says that too).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I guess. *shrug*

I'm just living in such a super different world now that I'm not even sure if I could relate to meeting myself from back then. It's almost like somewhere along the line I turned into my dad (and he says that too).

My graduating class was 27. I’d be hard pressed to name all the guys. There are few I’d consider friends.

But I go to the reunions on occasion, and I always get surprises. One of the bigger class clowns is a retired Navy Seal pilot currently flying commercial jets. Our “surfer dude” became an Army tank commander. One guy who was pretty much a stereotypical lazy playboy put on a ton of muscle in his service as a marine and looks like a linebacker now. Our class valedictorian who delivered an embarrassing fire & brimstone graduation speech about gays has come out of the closet. Our salutatorian, the kind of guy who was the poster boy for being soft and high strung, found the twin loves of his life- a beautiful woman and their shared passion for bicycling- in San Francisco and has lost 50 lbs.

None of this was hinted at as teens.

Sometimes it’s interesting to see what kinds of trees have grown from the nuts you knew so long ago.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Around the time that I graduated from there this little show began to air:

[video=youtube;6Ah34t_Sdis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ah34t_Sdis[/video]

Edit: and to those perceptive amongst you, yes indeed it is 3 am here, and I am having trouble sleeping. But it is sunday so that's fine.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I wonder...

With the racial demographics of Atlanta in general being what they are, I wonder if the attendees at geek events like that are still predominantly Caucasian.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases