Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
I discovered that Mongolian group a few weeks ago... One of their other videos features a bunch of Mongolian bikers, and in the comments there was a discussion about how some of the hardcore right-wing Mongolian nationalists are pretty much adopting neo-Nazism as a lifestyle. I don't know how involved the band themselves are in that movement, but it's kind of a bummer that cultural pride is leading some of them in that direction.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I discovered that Mongolian group a few weeks ago... One of their other videos features a bunch of Mongolian bikers, and in the comments there was a discussion about how some of the hardcore right-wing Mongolian nationalists are pretty much adopting neo-Nazism as a lifestyle. I don't know how involved the band themselves are in that movement, but it's kind of a bummer that cultural pride is leading some of them in that direction.

I found them a few months ago, but hadn’t scoped the comments. A shame about the fans.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My grandfather used to say humans go from extreme to the other. For years there has been a push for globalization. Now we see a rise in nationalism, and on a smaller scale tribalism. It's too easy to offend these types. What I find amusing is they seem to think they are the enlightened ones. I hate the word woke with fiery passion of a million suns. They think they are thinking on a macro scale when it appears to be micro. Rarely can they see beyond their chosen trigger. Another word I am starting to despise. It's even infecting me. I too get triggered when I hear something anathema to the cause that I support. I'm trying to see the broader picture. I believe the cause is right and would make things better. But so do they. It's hard to say who is right or wrong.

I know nothing of the politics in Mongolia. I can see they have two nations with world domination on their minds on their porch steps. I think I might be a little worried too.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I understand being proud of your country. Every country I can think of has something to be proud of.

But nationalism anywhere is a threat to humanity. It’s just bigotry disguised as patriotism, hate wrapped in a flag.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
You might want to turn on the captioning for this one. When she starts interacting with the device its in Mandarin Chinese. I don't think the device is ready for prime time. It's worse than Siri in not understanding. I'm curious about the response she got when she asked it if it spoke English. It said to give it some time to learn. :eek:
[video=youtube_share;1GA50Zn4OX4]https://youtu.be/1GA50Zn4OX4[/video]

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Spider-Man: Take Me Home
Spider-Man: No Place Like Home
Spider-Man: Homeboy
Spider-Man: Homing Skills
Spider-Man: Homeless Man
Spider-Man: To Build A Home
Spider-Man: Ho Ho Ho, Now I Have A Home
Spider-Man: Home Sweet Home
Spider-Man: Home Is Where The Heart Is
Spider-Man: Ad Hominem
Spider-Man: Home Alone
Spider-Man: Hardhome
Spider-Man: Hold My Phone

[video=youtube;WAA65v77xBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAA65v77xBM[/video]

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I wondered if each movie was going to reference home. So far it would seem likely with the two movies we have.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You might want to turn on the captioning for this one. When she starts interacting with the device its in Mandarin Chinese. I don't think the device is ready for prime time. It's worse than Siri in not understanding. I'm curious about the response she got when she asked it if it spoke English. It said to give it some time to learn. :eek:
[video=youtube_share;1GA50Zn4OX4]https://youtu.be/1GA50Zn4OX4[/video]

At first, I thought the hostess was the virtual girlfriend.

I have to say, I didn’t care for the holographic gizmo. I’d much rather have a Korg Miku.

[video=youtube;2-x4VLV-WYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-x4VLV-WYk[/video]

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
That got annoying quick. Ear splitting.

I wasn't impressed with the hologram either. I do like the concept, and believe it'll improve in time. I want to find a Japanese one. It probably works better.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases