Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And in other news, my mom's puppy has figured out she can jump on the sofa, and is rapidly mastering the stairs. Soon, my mom's adult dog will have no sanctuary...

Also, this dog is...Wierd. While she will come when you call her or whistle for her, there is one tune that really gets her hyped. When I whistle the opening, rising notes of Gustav Holst's "Mars, bringer of War", she comes flying! And she gets very bouncy when she arrives.

It's as if the tune is a promise of ponies and presents for her.

And no, I didn't train her to do this. I was out in the yard with her, and I whistled for her. She came over, then chased the toy i kicked. We did this for a while before I whistled "Mars". And instantly, that is how she reacted!

Hmmmmm... "Mars, bringer of collies?"

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Got some of my cousins hitting town, so I'm cooking all weekend. Did a 22lb turkey & veggies yesterday, with sausages, hot dogs, pork chops, Mac & cheese, turnip greens and an apple blitz yet to coock.

Hard, sweaty work, yes, but worth it.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
:/ MY laptop's dvd drive is dying... it doesn't seem to want to want to play dvds any more.

What is even more annoying is that when I put thr into my dvd player it has all these annoying sound artifacts. It's like, how the hell am I suposed to see the avengers if I can't watch any of my marvel dvds?!?!?

I'm starting to have the bad feeling that if I had the hulk dvd it would play.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Our Border Collie pup and our older BC are starting to bond a bit. Not only are they playing typical games, like tug-o-war, they've started creating their own games.

For instance, there's one I'm calling "Or-bites". The puppy runs in ovals around the yard, with the big dog doing straight dashes within her path. Going in one direction, the puppy nips at the big dog...but on the return, the big dog crouches by the fountain walls, then pounces and nips the pup as she passes.

It's hilarious to watch.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Ok... I have no clue whats going on with my computer's dvd player. Last night I was able to watchironman and then watched an abridged version of ironman 2 (basically only the action scenes) using the dvd rom drive. So who knows if theres a new codex involved thats making new dvds unreadable or what... But then that dpesnt explain why my computer isnt able to play my old star wars dvds.

-Posted via mobile device.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Temp unemployed

Cinema tends to give me headaches (my hearing is really sensitive), so is it alright if I wait for the DVD? I have a friend who saw Avengers and told me about it, if that helps.

I too will have to wait for the dvd,but due to a recent serious illness.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases