Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Tonight, on "Bedtime Cravings": Hamburger with mayo, Swiss cheese, grilled onions & mushrooms on a pretzel bun...

And because I'm watching a true crime show dealing with a young woman who probably partially cannibalized her husband, I also want ribs. Either Pork or Beef would work.

egg and cheese on 7 grain bread, cooked in real butter, toast buttered too.

allo' everyone.

Been crazy lately. Came to completely HATE my second job and now I am doing everything I can to fix the house, refinaince it so that I can afford it with only the one job.

Hard enough but it got better

The bathroom needs to be repaired to get the banks to look at us. It has had a slow leak for a while. I've come to relieze just how long.....

As I was moving stuff in the storage room BELOW the bathroom I feell through the floor. When I say I fell through I mean all the way to the ground (house built on short stilts).

Just moved the decimal point one to the right for the cost of fixing the house......

Still hoping to repair the house, refinaince and get out of doing the second job. Reached my limit of working 65+ hours a week and the level of disrespect I get at the store

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Ouch, hope everything goes well for you.

I completely understand about not liking a job. I like what I do and my coworkers, but I was hired for certain things and later a responsibility was added to my job that I absolutely detest. However, I still have to do it. But it was always a sort of secondary thing to me because it wasn't something I was hired to do.

Top it off, no benefits and unfair hours... I sorta started slacking off and I only now realize how long it's been since I've actually liked my job situation. Unfortunately, the boss saw my situation and she does what she always does when she sees someone in a situation not beneficial to her: gets someone else. So she brings in someone else to do this responsibility that I hate. And my hours get cut from working 40 hours per week to 25 hours per week. Enough for me to BARELY get by, but not enough for anything extra or savings or anything.

Worst part is... she's like "I would have liked to have given you sick leave, vacation time and a raise, but your performance is not good enough to deserve that." That pissed me off. No benefits, not enough money [I even took a paycut to take this job that I originally liked], unfair hours, not my responsibility... had she done that in the first place, that would have made me happy enough to do a better job.

I literally have not taken any vacation days in like 4 years. Why... I spend money for vacation and I don't get paid for that time. Double whammy...

Working on my resume now...

On the plus side in Dog Moon's life... I've found the woman I love and want to get married to. :)

Scott DeWar

I got deathly ill on Oct 30, 2011. I ended up getting emergenct surgery and was put into an induced coma for 2 months. I was not able to contact any one.

I lost my jobs, lost my work truck, and woke from my coma with an arm that even after8 1/2 months I still can't even type with my left hand, much less lift ant thing.

I was sent to a physical rehab center for a month just to learn to walk again. learn to categorize my short term memory, and get my left arm to start moving. It was another 1 1/2 months before I could do a curl with just the weight of my arm ( I now can curl 5 lbs with that arm). Basically, I am unemployable and with out a vehicle to get around (the bus system in this town sucks) - no to mention I had to move out of my own apartment and move in with others.

Be glad you have a job

Be glad you have your health.

Be glad you can type with both hands.

For further insight to this horror, see this thread started by my friend Glasseye . . . . .
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/313521-scott-dewars-absence.html

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Well, for starters, I wish to point out: I am on the right side of the dirt.

next, I will be getting 2 surgeries to reverse a colon re-assignment that was done in conjunction with a reversal of a massive herniation. That will be in January.

And last but not least: I am walking with out a cane on good weather days.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, Scott, you know how it goes...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Monty Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - YouTube[/ame]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases