Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Oh man, that totally sucks. I guess I hadn't really noticed your absence... but then again considering how absent I've been recently, EnWorld itself could have been absent and it would have taken me at a minimum of DAYS to realize that, let alone a specific person. Hope everything gets better for you soon.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Oh man, that totally sucks. I guess I hadn't really noticed your absence... but then again considering how absent I've been recently, EnWorld itself could have been absent and it would have taken me at a minimum of DAYS to realize that, let alone a specific person. Hope everything gets better for you soon.
I thank every one for the concern and well wishes. Since i will be be undergoing the last two surgeries for the herniation in January, They have me on exercises that are building my trunk muscles.

Man, I was not aware of how weak I'd become!!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yes, indeed!

When I tore my ACL & MCL in my left leg, it was a while before I returned to my normal activity level. And even after my Doc- who does these surgeries for professional athletes- said my knee was healed, I could still feel the difference. Day to day, it was just barely but noticeably less stable than my right knee. As a result, I was not quite as aggressive in my play as I had been- not just because of the way my knee felt, but because of how I felt about my knee! It took an additional half a year before my knee and psyche were truly 100%.

Scott DeWar

I am told to expect any where between 3 to 5 years for recovery.

for 16 days strait i had fevers, many times spiking to 105 + where they had to send my blood out to a cooler [with no beer in it] and put it back into me to try and cool my core temp.

Another thing going on was my blood pressure dropped so low my kidneys failed. It took 2 days to jump start and dialysis [severe acute kidney failure]. To prevent further organ failure the gave me adrenalin [i am guessing] to speed my heart to aerobic rates of apx 140 to 145 beats/ min. That lasted for 3 1/2 weeks. About the same as running 100 miles marathon.

Boy was I tired when I woke!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Scott, apparently, you're a tough MF who will take some serious killin' to make it stick*. I do not wish to be on your "List."

* perchance, is there anyone in your ancestry named Voorhees or Meyers?

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In frustratingly cute news, my Mom's Border Collie puppy is- as all puppies do- chewing up all kinds of things around the house. This is the kind of behavior that gets puppies scolded, and rightfully so.

However, we're finding it very hard to put the proper emphasis in our tone when we try to correct her because...well...it really ain't so bad in context.

Maddie is Mom's 6th BC, and each of the previous ones has managed to chew up some pricey stuff- a sofa, a windowsill, carpeting, shoes. Lil' Miss Pup, OTOH, has chewed up nothing more expensive than a cable box remote and a small hand carved olive wood Noah's Ark. All of Maddie's other targets have been paper, plastic or cardboard.

And there's her method, too: she actually tears open boxes and other containers, leaving the stuff inside alone. Mom thought Maddie's had gotten a pair of Clark's she had just bought when she found the box shredded in her closet...only to find the shoes intact, removed and placed several feet away. Ditto a brand new car charger for her iPad2. Box shredded, charger virtually unscathed.

Scott DeWar

Scott, apparently, you're a tough MF who will take some serious killin' to make it stick*. I do not wish to be on your "List."

* perchance, is there anyone in your ancestry named Voorhees or Meyers?

Rasputin, maybe. As for my list, it got erased from my memory from all the 5h17 i have been through.

In frustratingly cute news, my Mom's Border Collie puppy is- as all puppies do- chewing up all kinds of things around the house. This is the kind of behavior that gets puppies scolded, and rightfully so.

However, we're finding it very hard to put the proper emphasis in our tone when we try to correct her because...well...it really ain't so bad in context.
. . . . . *snip*.

hey boss, Ya want I should do suntin to dat dog fer yuz?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Nah...too cute. I mean, essentially, we have a giant hamster that plays fetch.

Besides, tomorrow morning, she's going for her "snip & chip"... That should slow her down for a while.

Scott DeWar

'k boss. Butcha know, If yooz guize needin any persuation, I have been bit by dogs an cats before, ya sees.

Remove ads