Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, when the painkillers are wearing off, it feels like someone used my (prodigious) gut as a punching bag. When they kick in, it's NAPTIME!

The surgery went well- I probably won't have any scarrring since it was done laparoscopically, and they used surgical superglue to seal the incision...internally!

The best news for me, though, is tht I'm on a different painkiller than the last time I had surgery. I had an ACL/MCL repair in 2000- my painkiller then made me see book/magazine/newspaper text as a conga line of ants, rendering me functionally illiterate for many months.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
That would have been fun to watch you dm a game. My hernia operation will be quite invasive as there will first be a reversal of the colon reassignment surgery, then 2 of the 3 muscles that have been cut and left retracted will be reconnected, then when those two are well knit together, they will reattach the third.

I have a circular belly bulge 12 inches diamater, so,
uh pie a re square, uh no, kace are square-pie are round.
wait, i remember: pi *r^2=3.15*6*6=36*pi:

113 sq. inches of skin that will be removed when They close me up. This is a massive herniation cause by them splitting open my belly and leaving it open for about 6 weeks. They had to get a skin graft from my leg because it would take too long to just let it grow across by itself.
Truly amazing innovating! and no there is no pain in that area.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hopefully, your surgery will be in-patient- going through this at home SUX!

I love my doggies, but they're not exactly helping. Plus, nurses keep you on schedule with your meds. Waking up at 5AM because your meds have worn off is no fun.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Today, my loving, helpful Border Collie pup made me see stars: as I lay lounging in a chair in my den, recuperating, she decided to show me som luv by rearing up and putting her 2 front paws into my belly, about 3" from my incision.

Fortunately, that is ALL I saw. No Alien exploding belly SFX.

Our other Border Collie, while curious, kept her paws to herself. Her cold, wet Mose, OTOH...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
oh the pain, let me guess that on a scale of 1 to 10 it was 11? I live with friends with 2 dogs and at first it was scary.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Initial impact was probably a 8- my ACL/MCL tear still beat it- but it quickly subsided to mere discomfort.

She hasn't hopped up on me since.

Remove ads