Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It's sad when you are sort of cynical. I watched Lincoln with my gf last night and I couldn't help thinking "Some one is going to make an animated gif of all the times people said the N word in this movie."

Also, were this movie filmed in the 59s or 60s Andy Griffeth would had made a kick ass Abe Lincoln. Everytime he told a story or made a humorous recollection I could imagined Gomer Pile appearing and saying "Shazam!" only to have Seth Bullock walk through the door and smack the crap out of him (Gomer Pile).

-Sent via a cybernetic device.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I thought it was decent. Sure it got very preachy since it basically could have been named "Emancipation the Movie" but if you are a fan of over dramatic period biopics, about historic leaders who are tangential to the main conflict of the film which is spoiled by a 3rd Grade history book, then the movie would be at least decent.

Any ways if you are not interested in watching the movie and would like to read spoilers here they are:

[sblock="Lincoln in a paragraph"] Abe Lincon cracks jokes and tells stories while Mary Todd Lincoln is hysterical. Congressmen argue and preach about the evils of slavery until the 13th Amendment is passed by a bunch of Abolitionist Republicans and a hand full of Democrats. Then the south surrenders even though they have issues about joining the union now that the 13th amendment was passed, but who cares because the movie is about to end with
Lincoln being shot.... off screen
But don't worry, the ending isn't a downer because they show a scene of Lincoln giving some "mission accomplished" speech before a fade to black. [/sblock]

-Sent via a cybernetic device.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
For me it's girlfriend. If I'm not working I'm usually with her. If I'm posting here I'm not at either. Well, okay, SOMETIMES I'm at work. :devil:
I've gotten into habit of using my cell phone since it's handy. Also since I currently don't have a reason to write long posts I don't really have to use my laptop for enworld.

Lincoln got SHOT? Why didn't you put THAT in spoiler tags? Now there's no reason to see the movie!

*grumblegrumble*
There fixed it for you. :p

Dog Moon

Adventurer
[sblock]Abe Lincon cracks jokes and tells stories while Mary Todd Lincoln is hysterical. Congressmen argue and preach about the evils of slavery until the 13th Amendment is passed by a bunch of Abolitionist Republicans and a hand full of Democrats. Then the south surrenders even though they have issues about joining the union now that the 13th amendment was passed, but who cares because the movie is about to end with
But don't worry, the ending isn't a downer because they show a scene of Lincoln giving some "mission accomplished" speech before a fade to black.[/sblock]

This should work. I guess it didn't like for you to add "lincoln in a paragraph" after sblock

randomling

First Post
Ah, the little "remember me" button is clearly key here.

(I had to delete almost all of my profile info because oh god so out of date.)

And I don't think I know anyone here, but that's okay, because you guys are Hivers, and the Hive is awesome by default.

[wave]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock]Abe Lincon cracks jokes and tells stories while Mary Todd Lincoln is hysterical. Congressmen argue and preach about the evils of slavery until the 13th Amendment is passed by a bunch of Abolitionist Republicans and a hand full of Democrats. Then the south surrenders even though they have issues about joining the union now that the 13th amendment was passed, but who cares because the movie is about to end with
But don't worry, the ending isn't a downer because they show a scene of Lincoln giving some "mission accomplished" speech before a fade to black.[/sblock]

This should work. I guess it didn't like for you to add "lincoln in a paragraph" after sblock

youz gize are knutz

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases