Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I know what you mean. Stuff happens in the new movies, and it's exciting, but then the end comes.. and it's like they're more concerned about getting people hyped up about the next next movie instead of the one playing.

That is because we are in the age of the sequals!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
That is because we are in the age of the sequals!
That's only because:
1 - People are too stupid to not watch a sequal even if they thought the original was bad.
2- People naively believe that if the original was good then the sequal will be better.
3 - Studios don't like self contained movies since they lead to finite money streams.
4 - Multi picture deals.
5 - Many writers/directors/producters are incapable of creatibg things that are original (See George Lucas).
6 - Many actors have a limited range of characters they are able to credibly play (See Robert Downy Jr after Ironman and Johnny Depp after Pirates of the Carribean).
7 - We are stupid.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
That's only because:
1 - People are too stupid to not watch a sequal even if they thought the original was bad.
2- People naively believe that if the original was good then the sequal will be better.
3 - Studios don't like self contained movies since they lead to finite money streams.
4 - Multi picture deals.
5 - Many writers/directors/producters are incapable of creatibg things that are original (See George Lucas).
6 - Many actors have a limited range of characters they are able to credibly play (See Robert Downy Jr after Ironman and Johnny Depp after Pirates of the Carribean).
7 - We are stupid.

8 - Roll twice and take both results, ignoring any further result of 8.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I posted this elsewhere, but felt like sharing the funny here as well.

This site was just sent to me a few days ago: BadChristmasMusic.com

The one that caught me was a mp3 of Oh Holy Night near the bottom of what is currently the front page. Look for this, then listen to some truly...indescribable...Christmas music.
http://www.badchristmasmusic.com/

oholynight.mp3
From the depths of the internet comes a song too good not to share.
If you're like me, you've heard many different versions of the Christmas classic "Oh Holy Night" and have a particular style that is your favorite. In the case of Commadotcomma.net's blog, she has collected a singing performance that cannot be defined. It, instead, must be experienced.

From her blog:

It is truly The Worst Version of O Holy Night Ever Recorded. Here are the rules for participating in this tradition:

You must listen to the whole song.
You must listen to it at a sufficient volume.

If you don’t think it is funny, you must never tell me.

Don't worry... it's funny. Amazingly so.

Thanks to @AnthonyCPR for sharing this shiny, shiny diamond.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Yay, my group is finally gaming again. :) Working on a Shadowrun adventure right now. :)

Little tricky though since I've never actually ran a Shadowrun campaign, but it'll be interesting I'm sure.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Well, the game went okay... except we totally didn't remember like half the rules and kept having to look them up. But besides that and besides me having only like a single day to create a 'run', it went well. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well, the game went okay... except we totally didn't remember like half the rules and kept having to look them up. But besides that and besides me having only like a single day to create a 'run', it went well. :)

So you enjoyed yourselves?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases